PDA

View Full Version : Come on in its cold outside.....

Redrum
2007-Jul-06, 09:58 AM
Come on in its cold outside.Get yourself comfy next to that big computer and.....

Chat!!!! PLEASE IM "SO LONLEY"!

Nicolas
2007-Jul-06, 10:24 AM
If you're lonely, it might help not to stay inside. Go out, it's hot outside. Get yourself comfy next to that charming earthling on the bar that did notice you coming in (and vice versa).

Don't use that last line of your post as opening sentence though. :D ;)

More seriously, you can just go out with some friends. A bit less awkward than entering a bar all by yourself when nobody inside knows you.

Paracelsus
2007-Jul-06, 10:44 AM
Sweetie, get a hot toddy, a comfy blanket, and settle into a nice beanbag chair. The BAUT will be re-populated soon---a lot of us (those in North America) either just woke up or are still asleep! :)

Redrum
2007-Jul-08, 07:18 PM
Guys this I ment it as a joke, this is intended to be a Satirical thread.Please dont take it serously.
PLEASE IM "SO LONLEY"!

Redrum
2007-Jul-08, 07:22 PM
It is very Ironic, because in the uk, its very warm......

Lianachan
2007-Jul-08, 07:49 PM
It is very Ironic, because in the uk, its very warm......

I beg to differ.

Paracelsus
2007-Jul-08, 08:28 PM
Well, you are in Scotland, Lianachan! ;) Y'all can see the aurora borealis from the northernmost parts of your country, I think.

Gillianren
2007-Jul-08, 09:56 PM
It's "lonely"; it's bothering me.

Lianachan
2007-Jul-08, 10:47 PM
Well, you are in Scotland, Lianachan! ;) Y'all can see the aurora borealis from the northernmost parts of your country, I think.

We're on the gulf stream. We have palm trees on some of our beaches. We have beaches and warm seas at the same latitude Canada has polar bears.

But yes, I live in the north and yes I can see the northern lights very regularly.

(Just it was unseasonably cold for most of today, although it warmed up late in the afternoon)

Paracelsus
2007-Jul-08, 11:33 PM
Hmmm...my in-laws (hubby's uncle) own and run a resort up near Aviemore.

I have no idea where Aviemore is, but hubby said that the skiing is good in winter...

Lianachan
2007-Jul-08, 11:40 PM
Hmmm...my in-laws (hubby's uncle) own and run a resort up near Aviemore.

I have no idea where Aviemore is, but hubby said that the skiing is good in winter...

Aviemore (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=aviemore&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=8.910554,20.43457&ie=UTF8&ll=57.195808,-3.828735&spn=2.059569,5.108643&z=8&iwloc=addr&om=1) is about as far from the sea as it is possible to be in Scotland. It is in absolutely gorgeous scenery, and hosts a ski resort and associated touristy type businesses. The skiing is dying off, so there's a growing industry based on things like mountain biking, orienteering, etc... I have been there many, many times and know the surrounding area extremely well. It's quite near the location of Scotland's closest thing to Bigfoot - Am Fear Liath Mhor!

Maksutov
2007-Jul-09, 05:28 AM
Ever been to the top of Ben Nevis? The pictures I've seen of it from around Fort William look quite impressive.

Lianachan
2007-Jul-09, 07:07 AM
Ever been to the top of Ben Nevis? The pictures I've seen of it from around Fort William look quite impressive.
Me? Yes, many times. My great grandfather, as it happens, was one of the guys who went up there a few times a week in all weathers to keep the observatory at the top supplied. It's not that high up (4,400 ft) but it looks great from the ground, and the views from the top are outstanding. You can see Ben Nevis from Lianachan :)

Noclevername
2007-Jul-09, 03:27 PM
Come on in its cold outside.Get yourself comfy next to that big computer and.....

Chat!!!! PLEASE IM "SO LONLEY"!

Plenty of other threads here. Just pick one and jump in!

Gillianren
2007-Jul-09, 05:23 PM
Oh, and if a mod could correct that "its," it'd make me very happy.