PDA

View Full Version : Listener Survey

Fraser
2007-Jul-13, 08:46 PM
It's time to answer questions again, but this time we hope that you'll take a minute and answer ours. We've written a brief survey that we hope you'll take a minute to fill out. ...

Read the full blog entry (http://www.astronomycast.com/announcements/listener-survey/)

Kevn
2007-Jul-13, 10:57 PM
Done!

eric_marsh
2007-Jul-13, 11:44 PM
and done -

If you had asked what my second favorite podcast is I would have said Logically Critical.

Fraser
2007-Jul-14, 12:26 AM
Were you able to access the super secret podcast?

eric_marsh
2007-Jul-14, 11:51 AM
Yes, I did listen to the "bonus" podcast.

BTW, on your questionnaire there are a few things you might want to change. For example, put a slot in for 2 year degrees in education. I didn't really fit into the job categories either as we own a construction related business.

EvilEye
2007-Jul-14, 02:48 PM
Done!

Yil_
2007-Jul-15, 07:42 AM
Hope I wasn't the only one who put the show is too short! :shifty:

Fraser
2007-Jul-15, 08:17 AM
Too short? Wow.

EvilEye
2007-Jul-15, 01:59 PM
Too short? Wow.

Yes! The show should be at leat 45 minutes.

It probably is when you do it, but after editing, it goes by in like 25 minutes.

Maybe not too short... but not often enough.

I always feel sad when the show is over and I have to wait a week for the next one.

Your show isn't Dharma & Greg... it's the Sopranos.

Knowledge_Seeker
2007-Jul-16, 01:45 AM
I'm actually a person that believes the shows are a tad bit long. I don't mind it but I think that instead of having a show where a lot of 'sub-details' are discussed about one large topic, each one of those 'sub-details' should have its own show.

But the current show length isn't bad either :)

Terry Gush
2007-Jul-16, 03:26 AM
Done and Thanks for the Bonus Episode
Regards, Terry

Yil_
2007-Jul-16, 10:03 AM
Too short? Wow.

I don't mean that as a knock on the shows current format, and I don't think I'm not getting enough information in the time provided.

Just as a selfish fan, who has no idea how much effort is put into a half hour show, I'd love to hear how much you guys could pack into an hour! :) Getting two shows this week may have spoiled me, great bonus episode! :clap:

EvilEye
2007-Jul-16, 11:32 PM
Regardless of how you take the results of the survey... will you post the results?

It would be really interesting.

Fraser
2007-Jul-17, 03:58 AM
I think Pamela's planning on writing portions up as a presentation on science education.

eric_marsh
2007-Jul-19, 01:30 AM
I think Pamela's planning on writing portions up as a presentation on science education.

Doesn't she ever rest?

Methinks she's going to make a big name for herself in popular science media.

markg85
2007-Jul-19, 03:37 PM
filled it in.

About the length of the episodes.. sometimes it's way to long (when i don't understand it) but most of the time it's perfect.. sometimes even to short.. like with the telescope podcast.. that one could have been 10 times longer :D o well.. i searched for days for all kind of different telescopes after that episode.

For the quality.
the quality is very good. don't change that. perhaps add extra stuff like animations if that's possible.

Steve Limpus
2007-Jul-20, 09:02 AM
Done.

I hope you get lots of great feedback--you deserve it!

Best Wishes.

MikailBorg
2007-Jul-24, 10:51 AM
This week was "catch up on the podcasts" week for me. I just went to fill out the survey and found that the link was dead :(

Sorry to miss out on the bonus cast, but I hope you got useful information.

EvilEye
2007-Jul-24, 02:19 PM
This week was "catch up on the podcasts" week for me. I just went to fill out the survey and found that the link was dead :(

Sorry to miss out on the bonus cast, but I hope you got useful information.

Fraser said it would be added to the list of regular downloads soon.

Fraser
2007-Jul-24, 09:19 PM
We'll feed it back into the list in about a month or so.

ShaiHulud
2007-Jul-26, 04:33 AM
The link doesn't work on my computer...

Galaxy
2007-Jul-27, 06:25 AM
The link doesn't work on my computer...

Shai, we've finished collecting data on the listener survey now, and have taken it down. Thanks for your interest though. The bonus episode will appear in the feed in the next month or so.

-Rebecca B-F
Astronomy Cast
Assistant Producer

Tall Tree Light
2007-Aug-01, 02:24 AM
I just signed up for the forum but was on the site recently for the first time to fill out the survey. Love the podcast. It may be impolite to rank it other than #1 but honesty is better than flattery in my opinion. It is in the top 3 though.

But in reading this thread last week, I noted another user mentioned "Logically Critical" as one of his/her other favs. I checked it out. It really is good.

The strange thing is that I have searched i-tunes for casts like logically critical and still did not come across it.

It makes me wonder what else I am missing. I listen to maybe 4 hours of podcasts a day (long commute to work and an insomniac) so I am always looking for more. I currently subscribe to maybe 70 podcasts and regularly listen to 48 of them (had to count for the survey) and even these are not enough.

So my quesiton is...

Would it be appropriate to seek other recommendations on this forum? If so, I will start another thread.

Thanks,

TTL.

justabloke
2007-Aug-01, 02:35 AM
Did I miss it, I got behind in my podcasts and only heard about it last night?

Fraser
2007-Aug-02, 09:25 PM
Start another thread. I'd love to hear people's suggestions for other podcasts they enjoy.

mandalayleigh
2007-Aug-28, 07:20 AM
So, I guess...it's too late for me to take the survey? :sad:

Tall Tree Light
2007-Sep-19, 07:07 AM
Is there any news/results you are able to share?

Thanks,

TTL