PDA

View Full Version : jupiter + 4 moons upside down

winensky
2007-Jul-17, 01:36 PM
This is my first post. It is a single image taken through a 700mm focal length 3" reflector with a 7 mega pixel digicam attached directly to the 20mm eye piece with an 8cm. section of pool filter tube with a piece of elastic gafa taped on to hold the camera. Exposure 1/8 s at f 4.9. ASA 100. The only adjustments were levels on each object and a warming filter on Jupiter. Please open the thumbnail. Can any one suggest a good programme for stacking photos as I would like to try this?

hhEb09'1
2007-Jul-17, 02:04 PM
I guess I don't see any moons in the photo?

Bokmakierie
2007-Jul-17, 03:35 PM
I have taken the liberty to download your image and to adjust the brightness and contrast of Jupiter and the moons separately. I hope you do not mind.
I think you did a marvelous job with Jupiter. I also do afocal images.
Here is my attempt with your image.

Welcome to the forum!

Phil

Bokmakierie
2007-Jul-17, 04:01 PM
Can any one suggest a good programme for stacking photos as I would like to try this?

For stacking single frames, I either do it by hand using Microsoft Picture-It or automatically by using Image Stacker
(www.tawbaware.com). With Image stacker all pictures must be of the same size eg 800X600 pixels. The demo version does not handle larger pictures. Also, the image must be in the same position in all pictures. It will not align them automatically. So it takes a bit of adjusting to get them all right for the program. Registax is of course the answer for AVI's but I have not had much success with stacking single images.

Good luck

Phil

JAICOA
2007-Jul-18, 03:02 AM
Hi Winensky, a nice shot you got there, a little more pocessing and it will improve it very much. Also wellcome Phil is doing a great job on your image Clear skies

stevenspray
2007-Jul-24, 01:22 PM
Nice photo Winensky! I looked at Bokmakierie's improvement on your pic, can you see a ''halo" around Jupiter? It reminded me of my first attempt when I photographed Jupiter. It wasn't a great shot(Poorly if anything) but I played around with the photo using Corel Draw X3, changing the saturation, brightness etc... On my composite you can also see the halo(All 9 photos in the composite are the same photo, just edited), very aesthetic! I think it might be due to the Earth's Atmosphere, anyway, great photo Winensky!