PDA

View Full Version : Buzz and Fyfe bumped by Tammy Faye......

tbm
2007-Jul-23, 01:18 AM
I am kind of bummed. Larry King was going to have Buzz Aldrin and Fife Symington on to discuss ufos, but now that Tammy Faye has died, Larry has had her on 2 nights in a row. Now, I feel bad that Tammy Faye has died, but I REALLY wanted to see the Buzz and Fife show...................

tbm

Maksutov
2007-Jul-23, 04:36 AM
I am kind of bummed. Larry King was going to have Buzz Aldrin and Fife Symington on to discuss ufos, but now that Tammy Faye has died, Larry has had her on 2 nights in a row. Now, I feel bad that Tammy Faye has died, but I REALLY wanted to see the Buzz and Fife show...................

tbmThe Bakker gang bilked my step-father's mother out of her life savings.

Good riddance.

Darn shame Buzz would get bumped for something so inconsequential.

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Jul-23, 04:39 AM
Just imagine the poor guy at the funeral home who has to make Tammy "look natural" at her funeral.

EDG
2007-Jul-23, 06:49 AM
but now that Tammy Faye has died, Larry has had her on 2 nights in a row.

So, they've lowered themselves to wheeling a corpse in to a chat show? She couldn't be very talkative... ;)

(and yay, another one bites the dust).

Fazor
2007-Jul-23, 02:00 PM
So, they've lowered themselves to wheeling a corpse in to a chat show? She couldn't be very talkative... ;)

Dang! You beat me to it. ;)

Doodler
2007-Jul-23, 02:34 PM
Just imagine the poor guy at the funeral home who has to make Tammy "look natural" at her funeral.

Slathering on foundation with a putty knife? Cheesecake.

Stitch her eyes WIDE open and form a demented smile on her face and who'd know the difference? :lol:

Celestial Mechanic
2007-Jul-23, 03:02 PM
I don't know, considering how "natural" she looked in her latter days, I'd think they would want this one to be closed casket. Oh, the humanity!

Noclevername
2007-Jul-23, 03:05 PM
Haven't they been doing that since television began? :)

Damien Evans
2007-Jul-23, 03:36 PM
What I really want to know is why this lowlifes death was on the news down here

Noclevername
2007-Jul-23, 03:42 PM
What I really want to know is why this lowlifes death was on the news down here

Same reason as Anna Nicole-- she was a Celebrity (read: she made a spectacle of herself for a living) and the newstainment industry is all about Spectacle. When Somebody Famous, especially someone famous for being famous and nothing else, dies (or gets drunk or arrested or dates another Celebrity or cuts off all their hair) it's front page "news".

Paracelsus
2007-Jul-23, 04:37 PM
The Bakker gang bilked my step-father's mother out of her life savings.

Good riddance.

Darn shame Buzz would get bumped for something so inconsequential.

Yeah, my Grandma Rice got scammed by a similar group of hucksters. I went (was dragged, actually) to Heritage, USA right around the time that the Jim Bakker scandal was at its height. The whole park was a complete farce--a grotesque vanity project. I'm sorry that Tammy suffered, but I'm glad they are off the national radar too.

Gillianren
2007-Jul-23, 04:42 PM
I don't know, considering how "natural" she looked in her latter days, I'd think they would want this one to be closed casket. Oh, the humanity!

Cremated, actually, and before the announcement was made. I saw it on CNN.

In fact, I saw her on CNN the other day, and the friend I saw it with and I both kind of half-screamed in unison. There was no making that look natural.

Doodler
2007-Jul-23, 04:44 PM
Why be sorry, its the only justice many of her victims will ever get.

Celestial Mechanic
2007-Jul-23, 05:19 PM
Cremated, actually, and before the announcement was made. I saw it on CNN.
{Emphasis mine} Most merciful is the Flying Spaghetti Monster! ;)

In fact, I saw her on CNN the other day, and the friend I saw it with and I both kind of half-screamed in unison. There was no making that look natural.
Can't blame the two of you. The best way to describe her appearance was "death warmed over with a side of flies." :sick:

novaderrik
2007-Jul-23, 11:21 PM
ahh, come on now, people.
she was a good person- she did, after all, invoke God in every interview she's ever done..
just because she got famous for conning hundreds of millions of dollars from people that couldn't afford to send her any money in the first place to build theme parks and buy a big house is irrelevant at this point..
i wonder if dubya dubya dubya dot tshirthell dot com (warning- graphic) has any memorial t-shirts out yet..

Pip
2007-Jul-23, 11:35 PM

They wheel a corpse in for Larry King every day. He's the host.

Van Rijn
2007-Jul-23, 11:47 PM

Sure she could: "Brains . . . brains . . ."

She's looked like an zombie movie extra for a decade or two.

By the way, I'm surprised somebody hasn't stepped in yet to lodge their disappointment with the way BAUTers are talking about the dead.

EDG
2007-Jul-23, 11:52 PM
What I find funny is that these holier-than-thou evangelists always get done in for fraud and fall from grace at some point. And yet people still give them money.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Jul-23, 11:55 PM
What I find funny is that these holier-than-thou evangelists always get done in for fraud and fall from grace at some point. And yet people still give them money.

Something about "a sucker born every minute".

novaderrik
2007-Jul-24, 03:44 AM
Something about "a sucker born every minute".
nope- it's more about people preying on people that have little to no hope, and getting them to send a "small contribution" so that they will gain favor in the eyes of their God.
i'm not religious, but the people that prey on the beliefs of lost souls like that are the lowest of the low, and they deserve whatever unpleasantness they get in life. the way she just kind of slowly faded into nothing over the last few years seems like an almost biblical justice to me.
i saw her last weekend talking about how she was looking forward to eating a greasy cheeseburger someday, while acknowledging that she probably wouldn't live long enough for that to happen. don't you think that maybe if she was really the God fearing person she claimed to be, that maybe- just MAYBE- she could have said she was sorry for all the harm she's done in her lifetime? nope- she wanted a freaking cheeseburger...

Tucson_Tim
2007-Jul-24, 02:22 PM
nope- it's more about people preying on people that have little to no hope, and getting them to send a "small contribution" so that they will gain favor in the eyes of their God.

OK. If not "suckers", how about "stupid"? I don't feel sorry for the folks that donate money to these charlatans. Don't forget that these cultists vote as a bloc and will vote for whomever or whatever their cult leaders say to vote for. These folks (and many more just like them) are responsible for Creationism being taught in schools, the Creationist Museum in Kentucky, and the election of politicians that want to "Christianize" our governments.

Click Ticker
2007-Jul-24, 03:15 PM
I don't doubt she has made peace with her PTL involvement by positioning herself on equal footing with the rest of the victims of Jim Bakker's evil schemes. Tammy was duped just like the rest, she even divorced him because of it. Or was that because of Jessica Hahn?

Doodler
2007-Jul-24, 09:21 PM
Tammy was duped just like the rest,

Oh please, the only thing Jerry Falwell ever did that I even remotely respected was to laugh in her face when she and her not-yet-ex-husband requested a retirement stipend from the PTL for some millions a year to "maintain the lifestyle they'd become accustomed to".

She was as deep in it as he was.

Noclevername
2007-Jul-24, 10:06 PM
Oh please, the only thing Jerry Falwell ever did that I even remotely respected was to laugh in her face when she and her not-yet-ex-husband requested a retirement stipend from the PTL for some millions a year to "maintain the lifestyle they'd become accustomed to".

She was as deep in it as he was.
I think he was being sarcastic there.

novaderrik
2007-Jul-24, 11:02 PM
OK. If not "suckers", how about "stupid"? I don't feel sorry for the folks that donate money to these charlatans. Don't forget that these cultists vote as a bloc and will vote for whomever or whatever their cult leaders say to vote for. These folks (and many more just like them) are responsible for Creationism being taught in schools, the Creationist Museum in Kentucky, and the election of politicians that want to "Christianize" our governments.
most of the people that donated to them weren't what you could easily clump into the "creationism" crowd. they were mostly lonely old people with little or nothing going for them that were looking for a little hope. they preyed on them, and got them to send in their life savings so Jim and Tammy could build a roller coaster and live like royalty. yeah, there were some plain old suckers that bought into it, but mostly it was lonely old people with too much trust.
if there is a hell, i'm sure there is a special place for them in the room between Hitler and Captain Kangaroo..

Tucson_Tim
2007-Jul-24, 11:41 PM
if there is a hell, i'm sure there is a special place for them in the room between Hitler and Captain Kangaroo..

Captain Kangaroo in Hell?

Noclevername
2007-Jul-24, 11:47 PM

Now that should've been my online name!

novaderrik
2007-Jul-25, 12:04 AM

i go it from some movie/tv show/website, and it kind of stuck with me..

Doodler
2007-Jul-25, 12:05 AM

Thems fightin' words. Don't be dissin' the Cap'n....

Tucson_Tim
2007-Jul-25, 12:12 AM
i go it from some movie/tv show/website, and it kind of stuck with me..

I thought that maybe Bob Keeshan was found to have been a child molester but a quick Google didn't pick up anything. Whew!

Tucson_Tim
2007-Jul-25, 12:15 AM
Now that should've been my online name!

It is pretty funny, isn't it? :lol:

tbm
2007-Jul-25, 03:31 AM
When I saw Tammy's last interview on Larry's show, I remarked to my wife that she (Tammy, NOT my wife) was dead but didn't know it yet.........

tbm

Maksutov
2007-Jul-25, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Tucson_Tim http://www.bautforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/62469-buzz-fyfe-bumped-tammy-faye.html#post1036579)
Captain Kangaroo in Hell?i go it from some movie/tv show/website, and it kind of stuck with me..It might have been from the South Park movie, where recent arrivals in hell are informed that every religion but one was wrong and their adherents were condemned to eternal torment. The exception? The Mormons.

Like the idea of a screen name. Right up there with Hopalong Cassidy in Hades.

Doodler
2007-Jul-25, 06:03 PM
From what I understand, the Mormons being right was a tip of the hat from the demonic duo after they took being the subject of their ribbing without the usual public indignities.

novaderrik
2007-Jul-26, 07:27 PM
It might have been from the South Park movie, where recent arrivals in hell are informed that every religion but one was wrong and their adherents were condemned to eternal torment. The exception? The Mormons.
that might be it- or at least one of the episodes. i haven't actually been able to see South Park for a while. i miss it. that, and Adult Swim on Sunday night.
i need my satellite back.