PDA

View Full Version : Next-generation RTG

ToSeek
2003-Jul-02, 04:12 PM
Boeing to Build Space-Borne Power Generator (http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=12000)

to be used on future planetary missions, including the Mars Sample Return.

I've heard that one of the problems with using RTGs is that we're running out of them - the APL Pluto mission will use the last one. Glad to hear someone's doing something about that.

tracer
2003-Jul-02, 10:38 PM
*sigh* ... I wonder how long it'll be before people start protesting Boeing for working with "nuke-you-lar" materials....

wedgebert
2003-Jul-04, 10:57 PM
I say we start protesting the protestors. We can form circles around them holding signs saying "Nuclear not nuke-you-lar" and "Nuke PETA" (gotta have goals after all). Plus we can throw science books and saftey reports at them.

Musashi
2003-Jul-05, 01:56 AM
Plus we can throw science books and saftey reports at them.

I love the irony in that! :D I can see the headlines now, "Nine injured, two seriously, when hit by saftey reports thrown by anti-protester-protesters."

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-05, 02:28 AM
I'm always trying to find examples of irony so I can explain it to people, and there it is!!!

:D

wedgebert
2003-Jul-05, 02:55 AM
I'm always trying to find examples of irony so I can explain it to people, and there it is!!!

:D

Another good example of irony is that there is nothing ironic in Alanis Morisette's song "Isn't it Ironic?"

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-05, 03:01 AM
Alanis Morisette:

*Shudder*

Actually, that is a pretty good example...