PDA

View Full Version : Potential BA?

nebularain
2003-Jul-04, 01:00 AM
I did a friend a favor tonight by joining her to see a really, really, really, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb movie. (She owes me. :x )

But that's not the point of this post. The point was one of the prieviews.

Dogs that come from outerspace. :o

Yup. The movie will be centered around Earth's visitation by inhabitants of a planet of dogs.

I wonder what kind of BA they will be throwing around in this movie.

gethen
2003-Jul-04, 02:13 AM
Just don't tell me they're coming from either Sirius or Canis Major or Minor. :roll: And I hope they're house-trained.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-04, 03:07 AM
What was the movie?

nebularain
2003-Jul-04, 03:15 AM
Good one, gethen!

g-Hum ;) - I don't remember the title. Just wait to hear something about dogs, and it will most likely be it. (Remember, this was a preview.)

I will slip in that they threw in a Uranus joke.

"My father said he had to fly through Ur - ay - nus to get here." Yeah, yeah, ha-ha, typical ph-th.

ToSeek
2003-Jul-04, 01:18 PM
Good Boy! (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808420229) ?

If so, they're from Sirius, the Dog Star - get it? :roll:

captain swoop
2003-Jul-04, 01:41 PM

If so, they're from Sirius, the Dog Star - get it? :roll:

That was a Siriusly bad joke.

Consider this a pun-ishment

TriangleMan
2003-Jul-04, 01:50 PM
Allright, no starting dog-pun threads, I'm still recovering from all of the bad duck puns (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6497) over in the PX forum. :)

kucharek
2003-Jul-04, 02:01 PM
Well, I'm not dogmatic when it comes to puns... ;-) But I'm just an underdog here at the board and don't know what dogtor Plait has to say about it...

Ducky
2003-Jul-04, 02:38 PM
Allright, no starting dog-pun threads, I'm still recovering from all of the bad duck puns (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6497) over in the PX forum. :)

Hey, now. I resemble that remark.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-04, 05:22 PM
Doggumit! Now everyone don't go around spewing Dog-puns around its just not nice! Canine you believe that these bad pun threads start out so innocently and then just go to the dogs from there? I don't want to pound this into you guys, but yeesh!

You have all gone mad!

nebularain
2003-Jul-04, 06:41 PM
Quit barking up the wrong tree - you're as mad as everyone else around here and you know it! :P

TriangleMan
2003-Jul-04, 08:17 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . .

Humphrey
2003-Jul-04, 08:31 PM
Quit barking up the wrong tree - you're as mad as everyone else around here and you know it! :P

:D

kilopi
2003-Jul-05, 12:19 AM
No fair hounding ToSeek, he's just reporting it as he sees it. Give the guy a bone here. We don't want him to slink off with his tail between his legs, muttering.

Saw the trailer myself, caught the tail-end of it. It is indeed Good Boy! Kinda fetching, but hey talking dogs certainly pushes any BA way into the background.

glen chapman
2003-Jul-05, 01:10 AM
No good upsetting Mr BA himself - not going to help if you bight the hand that feeds you.

There again it might be a case of the tail wagging the dog :)

Glen

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-05, 02:39 AM
*Reads Entire Thread*

:o

*Cries*

tracer
2003-Jul-05, 06:04 PM
(Matthew Broderick? Nooooooooo!!!)

Hmph, that movie's whole premise is fundamentally flawed. Everybody knows it's really cats that are plotting to take over the world!

Ba Witda
2003-Jul-05, 06:46 PM
(Matthew Broderick? Nooooooooo!!!)

Hmph, that movie's whole premise is fundamentally flawed. Everybody knows it's really cats that are plotting to take over the world!

This assumes they haven't already.

Mr. X
2003-Jul-06, 01:09 AM
I did a friend a favor tonight by joining her to see a really, really, really, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb movie. (She owes me. :x )

What was the "really, really, really, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb movie" Nebularain. Dumb and Dumberer? :D

That's funny cause a friend also brought me to see a terrible movie. Should have brought a pillow. :D

nebularain
2003-Jul-06, 03:29 AM
No, same caliber, opposite direction. Le-gag-ly Bl[ch]o[ke]nde [cou]2[gh] .

**Excuse me while I get the mouthwash.**

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-06, 03:33 AM
Don't complain. I actually had a classmate that was as Legally Blond as they get. My God. Listen to this:

We live in Ottawa. During one class we were having a discussion and at one point she jumped up and yelled, "Oh my God! Ottawa's the capital of Canada?!?" Everyone went silent. And then exploded with laughter.

Then there was the time (before the war in Iraq) that she thought SCUD missiles were targeted at Ottawa and she made up a list of things to do before she died AND ACTUALLY DID THEM!

So again, don't complain about a movie. Please! :wink:

wedgebert
2003-Jul-06, 03:55 AM
Don't leave us yanks in suspense, IS Ottawa the capital of Canada?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-06, 04:09 AM
Yes, but it's pronounced Taktoyaktuk. I think. I'm not very good with Inuit names. :D

wedgebert
2003-Jul-06, 04:11 AM
You know, with your rapid responses to my posts, it's making it very hard for me to maintain the "Last post by" in all the main forums. :evil:

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-06, 04:17 AM
Sorry, I'll try to do better. Wait... I just posted...

Ah nuts.

:D

Humphrey
2003-Jul-06, 04:17 AM

You wan't to know something scary? Terminator also opened the same night as that.
That night here in Gainesville, FL (A college town. 50,000 students+100,000 normal pop.) Almost every showing of Legally Blond was sold out and none of Terminator was. :o

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-06, 04:22 AM
But how can you resist Arnie? What is the world coming to? Senseless violence replaced by drab and tasteless humour...

Humphrey
2003-Jul-06, 04:39 AM
But how can you resist Arnie? What is the world coming to? Senseless violence replaced by drab and tasteless humour...
That is what i said. I went with one of my best frineds. We thought that we walked into ladies night at a club.

Our screening of T3 was at prime time: 9:40 showing, in the summer on opening night. Yet it was not even sold out.

[usual]

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-06, 04:40 AM
Well it turned out pretty well for you then. I hate a crouded theatre. Too much glare off of the bald spots.

Mr. X
2003-Jul-06, 04:59 AM

I think Dumb and Dumberer is definitely a superior movie. :D

To me what you typed looked like Lee-gag-ly ***** 2 though.

Tell me, does it involve Bruce Lee? :P

Battle of the bottom of the barrel.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-06, 05:23 AM
Well it turned out pretty well for you then. I hate a crouded theatre. Too much glare off of the bald spots.

See i like a crouded theater. The reaction of the croud pulls me into the movie more. :-)

I think Dumb and Dumberer is definitely a superior movie. :D

Quick question: Did anyone actually see that movie? I don't even think it was in the theaters here a full week.

Mr. X
2003-Jul-06, 06:30 AM
Yeah I did see it Humphrey (*grins moronally*) :D

I really did. And I laughed too. So what?

Quit looking at me like that!

nebularain
2003-Jul-06, 06:16 PM
Don't complain. I actually had a classmate that was as Legally Blond as they get. My God. Listen to this:

We live in Ottawa. During one class we were having a discussion and at one point she jumped up and yelled, "Oh my God! Ottawa's the capital of Canada?!?" Everyone went silent. And then exploded with laughter.

Then there was the time (before the war in Iraq) that she thought SCUD missiles were targeted at Ottawa and she made up a list of things to do before she died AND ACTUALLY DID THEM!

So again, don't complain about a movie. Please! :wink:

Oh, if only the movie were about a dimwitted blonde making dumb mistakes . . . . :cry:

Do you know she (in the movie) managed to turn Congress into a peppy Sorority? :-?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-06, 10:40 PM
You mean it isn't already? :D

Oi. At least up here we keep those people away from the government. Far away.