PDA

View Full Version : M27 revisited

tvdavis
2007-Aug-05, 03:33 AM
Weather has shut me down so I've been revisiting some data from last summer. Here is M27 with its outer shell. I got better color balance this time.

http://www.tvdavisastropics.com/astroimages-1_000038.htm

Best,
Tom

andyschlei
2007-Aug-05, 03:59 AM
That outer shell is really remarkable in your image. It is interesting how it is not symmetrical or distributed like the overall shape of the nebula.

Great image!

JAICOA
2007-Aug-05, 04:47 AM
Very Very nice photo that outer shell really shows its size and complexity of the Nebula-Outstanding! Clear Skies

winensky
2007-Aug-05, 05:31 AM
I have seen other images of this nebula but never with with such detail of the outer shell. It stands as a great reminder of the detail available in long exposures.

Kind regards
Matt

seeker372011
2007-Aug-05, 01:46 PM
wow! I never suspected all that outer nebulosity

Strongmanmike
2007-Aug-05, 02:42 PM
Very nice! Incredible extensive outer envelope there!

Is that the scope you gave away :surprised

Mike

tvdavis
2007-Aug-05, 07:20 PM
Is that the scope you gave away

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks. Yup, that's the scope I gave away. It did "ok" with an KAF3200 chip but not so good with my KAI11000. The scope had more than one problem; one of which was very asymmetrical flaring off of bright stars -- possible a severe turned down edge. I never could get the supplier to acknowledge anything. Never the less, I think the MakNewt design is the greatest overlooked design for astroimaging. I would like to try one again, but only if I can get a higher quality scope.

Tom