PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing Posters

Pages : [1] 2

dgruss23
2003-Jul-04, 12:01 PM
Its the time of year when a lot of people are taking vacations. I thought that since these people may appear to go "missing" while they're away that I'd start a thread for those that want to let everybody know that they'll be out of contact for a while. That way everybody can remain calm and not have to send out posse's via the missing posters thread.

So anyway, I'm going to be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. First a vacation, then a week of training. After that I've got a project to complete, 4 nights of teaching high school students at the local public observatory's summer institute, and an all night public observing at a 24 hour fundraiser for cancer research.

So I definitely will be out of contact for 2 weeks and maybe another week or two depending on how fast the project goes.

But don't worry - "I'll be back!" 8) In the meantime, everybody make sure to Remain Calm.

Archer17
2003-Jul-04, 03:24 PM
Good idea for a thread dgruss23 .. enjoy your vacation

Humphrey
2003-Jul-04, 05:50 PM
By the way starting the 19th of this month i am going to the bahamas for a diving trip for a week. So i will be gone too.

DG: Have fun on your vcacation. Bring us back suveneirs.

Buy the way i am buying my own personal island in the bahamas to call my own. There is a two for one offer right now, so does anyone want one?

Vermonter
2003-Jul-04, 06:52 PM
Enjoy the vacation...I was supposed to be on one this weekend, but finances got in the way. :(

informant
2003-Jul-04, 10:05 PM
Enjoy your vacation, dgruss. 8)

Glom
2003-Jul-04, 11:37 PM
I'll take this opportunity to mention that BigJim said he'd be going away for three weeks.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-05, 02:24 AM
I'll be in Nova Scotia for about two weeks next month. Figured I'd better tell you now or I'd forget...

SKY
2003-Jul-05, 03:01 AM
Nomally when I am on vacation from work, I stay home, get bored and spend a lot of time on my computer.

So if you see an influx of posts from me, you know I am on vacation. :D

Archer17
2003-Jul-05, 03:21 AM
I ended up with added "stay at home" vacation time myself .. already getting over shoulder surgery, I was back at work a couple days and I fell out of a tree!! Don't ask! .. you're allowed to laugh though. Not my year!!! BABB has helped my with my sanity .. I think .. hold on, my shoe-phone is ringing again :o

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-05, 03:35 AM
Hey, don't worry. Compared to the rest of us, you're probably the least insane. But that's not saying much...

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have to go try to convince Napolean and Alexander the Great to stop fighting over Cyprus...

Humphrey
2003-Jul-05, 04:42 AM
Hey, don't worry. Compared to the rest of us, you're probably the least insane. But that's not saying much...

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have to go try to convince Napolean and Alexander the Great to stop fighting over Cyprus...

Been there done that. (http://www.apollohoax.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=1113&forum=26&start=25&30)

:-)

My next hop is to have a chat with Some guy names Dr. Evil. He wants some advice in taking over the world. It seems that he has problems with those pesky evildooers.

By the way for those of you with Evil minds and plans on taking over the world: Evil Genius (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/evilgenius/index.html). :-)

[fixed link]

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-05, 04:51 AM
AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!! :o That's just creepy! I guess Napolean and Alexander the Great are just... well... compatible.

SKY
2003-Jul-05, 08:13 AM
I ended up with added "stay at home" vacation time myself .. already getting over shoulder surgery, I was back at work a couple days and I fell out of a tree!! Don't ask! .. you're allowed to laugh though. Not my year!!!

I had a similar incident. At the beginning of the year, I had a large influx of posts because I had Knee surgery and was home for a better part of 3 months.

David Hall
2003-Jul-06, 07:55 PM
gethen (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=109724#109724) has gone away on vacation.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-11, 03:42 AM
Beskeptical (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=106298#106298) should be back soon.

snowcelt
2003-Jul-12, 12:48 PM
oh no. had a few days off and everyone is gone. Spike Lee is right.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-12, 05:32 PM
oh no. had a few days off and everyone is gone. Spike Lee is right.

Seriously, got to stop that drinking man. Bad for your posting. :-)

gethen
2003-Jul-14, 02:49 AM
gethen (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=109724#109724) has gone away on vacation.

I'm back, just a few hours ago. Wonderful time. Found the Ring Nebula on Wednesday night!!!!

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 02:52 AM

I'm back, just a few hours ago. Wonderful time. Found the Ring Nebula on Wednesday night!!!!

Well? we wan't to hear about it!!!

gethen
2003-Jul-14, 03:00 AM
The vacation or the Ring Nebula?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 03:02 AM
Both! :P

gethen
2003-Jul-14, 03:14 AM
Well, you know one person's vacation is another person's nightmare, but I spent 10 days drinking good Canadian beer, sitting under waterfalls, reading trashy books, and looking at the night sky--a very dark night sky. On Wednesday I had a great night at the scope, cruising around Lyra. Found Gamma Lyrae first (beautiful blue and yellow double) and we decided to look for the ring, hoping for the best because the moon was quite bright and I hadn't found anything as faint (9.5) as the Ring yet. And found it almost immediately. One of those moments you own a telecope for ("Wait!! What's this??? Omigod that's it!! You guys look!!! It's the Ring!!!) All and all a most satisfying vacation.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 03:23 AM
Wow. I envy you. Clear skies and beer. Must have been nice...

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 03:45 AM
Don't like beer, but the clear skies are nice.

About ten min out of town it gets prety dark, but not even near to the darkness as you describe.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 03:47 AM
Don't like beer? Well I guess that's why you don't mind living in the States...

*Runs from angry Americans and ex-patriate Canadians*

Kaptain K
2003-Jul-14, 04:01 AM
I don't drink beer. It's not that I don't like it. It's just that I've lost two relatives to alcoholism and two more who are recovering alcoholics. Personally, I can take it or leave it. When I take it, I prefer whiskey. :o

gethen
2003-Jul-14, 04:05 AM
Yeah, that's really sad. I have a couple of siblings who have struggled for years to overcome alcoholism, and I am pretty cautious about overindulging. I guess I like beer, at least in part, because I enjoy brewing it.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 04:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Personally I think that alcohol is only good to drink on special occasions. Like the May 2-4 weekend. Other than that, I usually don't drink. And I don't like whiskey that much... vodka is better.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 05:36 AM
Don't like beer either (prefer whisky or vodka), and while the skys have been nice and clear here, I wish it was much much colder, and maybe rainy! :D

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 05:39 AM
Like in England? *Runs from Brits*

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 05:41 AM
Well, maybe not that much! :D

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 05:43 AM
Sounds like you'd better run too...

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 05:44 AM
Oh yeah, thanks!

*running away*

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 05:45 AM
Wait, England is an island.

Ah nuts.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 05:51 AM
That is true, reminds me of 28 Days Later, anyone else seen it?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 05:51 AM
Nope.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 05:53 AM
It's not bad. There are a few things that I would have done differently, but overall I give it a thumbs up. :)

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 05:55 AM
Never seen it. What's it about?

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 06:00 AM
That is true, reminds me of 28 Days Later, anyone else seen it?

Yah, i saw it saturday. Freaky movie. Really freaky.

I did have one problem with it. no spoilers siince yopu know this at the begining of the movie.

If the virus seffects someone in 20 seconds, how does it spread that fast? There is no way it would of spread to the entire island in 28 days.

First of all the infected are easily seperated from the uninfected. So one shot to the head and byby infected.

Secondly, unless they are finding food and water, there is no way they will last two months. They will last 4 days tops. Then the stopping of the spreading of the virus.

Car and plane travel is non existant since the infected seemingly loose all brainpower.

Plus runing all the way is stupid because their bodies still run the same way we do. Their heart will give out half way to scotland or the buildup of lactic acid will damage their muscles.

One thing i never understood is why don't the infected attack eachother? Do they give off pheramones that stop them from attacking one another? If so why not cover yourself in these pheramones like a perfume and you are relatively invisible to them.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I was wondering why they don't attack each other too!

No real spoiler, but why do the main characters act so stupid some times? It was the plot devices poking through reality, but mostly it was done well.

I think the reason they could spread so quickly was because of the surprise factor and the desire to not kill your friends. As far as guns go, it's too bad for the people that they were in England, as they have something like zero private gun ownership IIRC.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I was wondering why they don't attack each other too!

No real spoiler, but why do the main characters act so stupid some times? It was the plot devices poking through reality, but mostly it was done well.

spoiler.......

Like when whats his name walks into the gas station?
Or releases that infected guy at the end?

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 06:23 AM
spoiler.....

YES! He is being pretty cocky for someone who already caused the death of one of his cohorts with his carelessness. I can understand releasing the infected guy kinda, but I wouldn't have done it. I mean, he had a gun!

REALLY BIG SPOILER....

I think if England was really under quarentine, there would have been more observation going on. There would have been military jets flying constand sorties over England. Also, why couldn't they get HAM radio or television from olaves outside of England, like France?

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 06:36 AM
Yes, i can pick up shrotwave transmissions from Israel on a short wave radio we had! I can't believe they could not pick one of those up.

I agree with the sorties, plus satelites would of picked up survivors. Also, I bet a few commando teams would of made infiltrations.

Spoilers.......

I wonder about the rumors that NY and Paris were infected. What did they do? Did they nuke them? OR was the rumours false? I think this movie mneeds a sequil, or at least some more information!

Isn't it the sign of a good movie if you discuss it afterwords?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 06:38 AM
Or a very bad one. Like Armageddon. Ugh!

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 06:41 AM
I thought that the idea of the movie was great. I've always wondered what it would be like to wake up in a world that had been mostly or completely depopulated. A sequel, if well done, would be great. It could show what was happening around the world during the events in the movie. There could even be other enclaves of survivors. What do you call a sequel that runs concurrent with the original?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 06:42 AM
Parallel-quel?

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 06:44 AM
Same-time-quel?
or Para-quel?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 06:46 AM
Concurrent-quel.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 06:48 AM
Meanwhile-quel?

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 06:51 AM
money maker? :-)

P.S. congrats on 1000 canuck!!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 06:52 AM
Thank you! And in under 2 months too!

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 06:55 AM
Humphrey, I know you said congrats on another thread, but I'll say thanks here. And, I think that TSC won our race by a nose :^o

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 06:56 AM
I prefer the term "by the skin of his teeth." (No, I don't have bad dental hygene)

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 06:58 AM
Well your welcome to both of you! :D

In a few days i will hit 500 again. :-)

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:01 AM
I'm only ten people away from being on the first page of posters! WooHoo #60!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:01 AM
Humphrey: Dear me, how time flies!!! :o

Musashi: And I'm only about 20 away from being # 1!! Yeehaw!!! :D

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:03 AM
If we keep this up Humphrey, it will be more like a few minutes!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:05 AM
(Now for something completely different)

Hey, what's this? O:)

Is it new?

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:06 AM
It's an angel! I think it is new!

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 07:07 AM
If we keep this up Humphrey, it will be more like a few minutes!

:D That is how i got to tie for #1. :-) 90% fluff, 5% real, 5% even i have no clue!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:07 AM
Could it be... an omen?

<Edit>

The angel, not Humphrey's fluff. (Somehow, that sounds wrong...)

</Edit>

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 07:08 AM
yes it is new! cool!. :-) O:)

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:08 AM
If it wan't for the Crop Circles threads, I wouldn't even have 5% real! :D

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 07:09 AM
A message from the board gods! We are doing good, keep it up and we will all become angels or something. Or it could be a death omen.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:10 AM
I think it's one of those Yin and Yang dealies. Y'know, good O:) and evil :evil: . Or not.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:11 AM
Man, it's a good thing the BA put up this new fora, or else we'd all be getting warnings! :)

ocasey3
2003-Jul-14, 07:11 AM
Ya know, if the rest of us posted as many one-line posts as you folks, we'd all be high in the rankings. :wink:

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:13 AM
Wait, that doesn't work! It - oh, i get it! :lol:

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 07:14 AM
Ya know, if the rest of us posted as many one-line posts as you folks, we'd all be high in the rankings. :wink:

Don't forget the card game going on too. :-)

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:17 AM
And the incessent dueling!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:20 AM
Can we combine the two? That'd be cool!

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:21 AM
Either that or start a dueling thread, it would certainly be nice for all the people that aren't us and actually come here to read not-us stuff! :D

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:22 AM
Hmmmm... that would be a bit more considerate...

Oh man! I just realized how much shtuff everyone is going to read tomorrow morning! Sorry!

ocasey3
2003-Jul-14, 07:24 AM
Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was no internet. What did all the insomniacs and incredibly bored people do in the wee hours of the night?? I seem to remember this paper thing called a book. Reading, what a concept. :wink:

Humphrey
Hmmmm... that would be a bit more considerate...

Oh man! I just realized how much shtuff everyone is going to read tomorrow morning! Sorry!

lol :lol: Me too. I wish i could see the wide eyes of all of them. :-)

Musashi
You know as soon as they see our names they just scroll past ou posts until someone elses name shows up on the left side of the page! :D

Humphrey
2003-Jul-14, 07:25 AM
Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was no internet. What did all the insomniacs and incredibly bored people do in the wee hours of the night?? I seem to remember this paper thing called a book. Reading, what a concept. :wink:

I read (and play games) during the day, but i BABB during the night. :-)

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:25 AM
Meh. I'm not feeling all that considerate any more... :D

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 07:42 AM
Meh. I'm not feeling all that considerate any more...

Well, there's a surprise!

I read usually right before I go to sleep. I love to read. A lot!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-14, 07:43 AM
Me too. I usually finish a good book the day I get it! I go through a lot of books...

ocasey3
2003-Jul-14, 07:57 AM
I go in phases. For a while I'll read book after book, especially after a run to John King's, a huge, warehouse size, used book store. Then I'll go for a bit reading hardly anything. That's where I am at right now. I need new books.

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 08:02 AM
Want suggestions? If so, what kind of stuff do you like to read?

ocasey3
2003-Jul-14, 08:26 AM
I am always looking for suggestions. I know that I must get my hands on as much Ursula K. LeGuin as possible. Just finished a book of short stories by her I "borrowed" from the camp ground I go to. I am hooked. ( I plan on returning the book when I go next time, along with a few new ones for the shelves.)

Musashi
2003-Jul-14, 08:29 AM
LeGuin is very good. CJ Cherryh is pretty good sci-fi. Umm, Elizabeth Moon has good sci-fi and fantasy. Modesitt. Uh, can't think, too late... Niven, Pournelle. More details later. :D

gethen
2003-Jul-14, 02:40 PM
I am always looking for suggestions. I know that I must get my hands on as much Ursula K. LeGuin as possible. Just finished a book of short stories by her I "borrowed" from the camp ground I go to. I am hooked. ( I plan on returning the book when I go next time, along with a few new ones for the shelves.)

LeGuin is my favorite. The Left Hand of Darkness is, of course, one of the best sf books ever written. Also love The Dispossesed and all the Earthsea books.

BigJim
2003-Jul-18, 09:11 PM
I hath returned from my trip. I will be here for a week and then I will be going away for three more weeks. I have to tell you all about my journey sometime. Perhaps I will start a thread.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-08, 03:16 PM
Well, I'm off on my trip today. I may be ariund until 2 o'clock, but then I need to go catch my train. I'll be back on the 24th of August.

So, goodbye, and I'll see you all in a few weeks. :wink:

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-24, 05:51 PM
I'm back! Lock your doors! Hide the children! :wink:

Anyway, I had a great trip. Just got back a few hours ago. I'll talk more after I've browsed the stuff that's accumulated while I was away. Ugh.

Glom
2003-Aug-24, 05:57 PM
I'm back! Lock your doors! Hide the children!

And say goodbye to your bandwidth! :wink:

Welcome back.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-24, 05:58 PM
Thank you! And yes... I'm sure you've noticed no bandwidth problems since I've been gone... but that power outage... whoops. :wink:

Musashi
2003-Aug-24, 05:58 PM
We've missed you :)

Glom
2003-Aug-24, 06:00 PM
but that power outage... whoops. :wink:

I thought you'd concoct a way to make sure we couldn't get too far ahead of you.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-24, 06:02 PM
Mwahaha....

Actually, I was afraid that I'd get stuck in Halifax. But the trains were running...

Lucky me... :)

Humphrey
2003-Aug-24, 07:33 PM
welcome back canuck! :-D

Don't go away again, our hearts cant take the strain.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-24, 08:12 PM
Well, thank you Humphrey, and don't worry, I'll be around for a while yet... *Ominous silence*

Mwahaha... :wink:

Pinemarten
2003-Aug-26, 03:21 AM
I'm flying Edmonton-Calgary- Comox BC tomorrow at 7am MST for a one week visit with Mother. After I de-windowize her new sys I may post from there.
I will apologize in advance for slow responses if I can't link from there.

I am taking the camera and hope to get some good shots of the forest fires. I have never taken shots from a plane before. Any advice/do's/don't's etc?

YKYAABABBA when you sign your parents on as BABB members when you visit them at their new place for the first time in 5yrs or so.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-26, 06:04 AM
Advice:

DON'T

fall out
drop the camera
blind the pilot with the flash
use a camera that even remotely looks like a weapon

DO

get a window seat
get a seat away from the wing
fly during the day
bring film

:P :wink:

ToSeek
2003-Aug-27, 01:15 AM
I'm off to Worldcon in Toronto tomorrow. I'll be back with a report September 3.

Vega115
2003-Aug-27, 11:26 AM
well, I just got back from my trip to Paris that went from the 21st to the 26th! it was AMAZING. id go back in a heartbeat. =D>

Pinemarten
2003-Aug-31, 02:32 AM
Advice:

DON'T

fall out
drop the camera

DO

get a window seat
fly during the day
bring film

Security was curious as to the weight of the camera, until they realized it was old, and they made them heavier then.
The window seat I had on the way out was a 'winger', so I reserved 1F on return (B737). 1F is normally used for wheelchairs so I could have been 'bumped'. Next time I will try 2A or 2F, depending on the north/south view from the flightpath.
Bring lots of film. I used 48-36 frames per 1hr flight time, and changed 2-3 frames before the rolls were empty in case I might miss a shot.

Nice weather, nice trip, Thanx to TSC for good advice.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-31, 03:24 AM
Security actually asked you about the camera? Yikes! I was only joking! :o

Pinemarten
2003-Aug-31, 04:07 AM
I should have phrased it differently.
They didn't ask about it, but when they picked it up, they had to use both hands. Then they gave me a strange look.
The look went away after it passed their tests and they realized it was 'just an old, heavy, camera'.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-31, 04:38 AM
Oh. Still, having a security guy at an airport take any interest in you is... disconcerting.

So, other than the... unpleasantness... it seems that you had a good trip, right? (I assume so since you said that you did in a previous post, but it seems polite to ask anyway. :wink: )

Pinemarten
2003-Aug-31, 05:16 AM
Oh. Still, having a security guy at an airport take any interest in you is... disconcerting.
No.
I feel added security may be needed.
I know I am in Canada's "big brother" computer already, and probably INTERPOL's as well. That is due to me being in the reserves years ago.
I feel I have nothing to hide. When I get pulled over for speeding etc, I consider it our democratic laws at work.
My opinion of modern democracy is another story.
When it gets to the point of being persecuted for my opinion, then..........

It was a wonderful trip. I think I was just written off as a local yokel tourist by the officials.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Aug-31, 04:36 PM
I also think that added security is a good thing, but it's still not a good feeling to be the guy they decide to search.

Anyway, I'm glad that you had a great trip and being a yokel isn't that bad. I've been one myself. :wink:

TriangleMan
2003-Sep-04, 11:19 AM
While its not exactly a vacation I will probably be offline for a while starting tomorrow. Hurricane Fabian is going to hit Bermuda tomorrow so it is likely that the island will be without power. Depending on the severity of the hurricane, the power could be out for as long as a week or more.

Of course that means I won't have to work and can instead go to the beach! 8) Goes to show that there are upsides to everything.

Pinemarten
2003-Sep-04, 11:48 AM
Good bye, and good luck.
I hope the damage is minimal.

ToSeek
2003-Sep-04, 03:59 PM
Advice:

DON'T

fall out
drop the camera

DO

get a window seat
fly during the day
bring film

DO

put your Swiss Army knife in your checked baggage if you take it at all

(I didn't, and it was confiscated :cry: )

gethen
2003-Sep-04, 05:15 PM
While its not exactly a vacation I will probably be offline for a while starting tomorrow. Hurricane Fabian is going to hit Bermuda tomorrow so it is likely that the island will be without power...
Of course that means I won't have to work and can instead go to the beach! 8) Goes to show that there are upsides to everything.

So, if Fabian hits, you won't be able to go to work, but you can go to the beach? Are you sure you want to be at the beach in the middle of a category 3 hurricane? :o

TriangleMan
2003-Sep-04, 05:46 PM
So, if Fabian hits, you won't be able to go to work, but you can go to the beach? Are you sure you want to be at the beach in the middle of a category 3 hurricane? :o

The power could be out for a week or more. So once the hurricane passes over (about a day) I still can't work until the power is restored - I don't even have windows in my office! So if the power hasn't been restored its time to hit the beach. 8)

Recent forecasts has it hitting Bermuda dead-on. That's not good, there hasn't been a direct hit of a category 3 (or worse) hurricane in decades. :(

gethen
2003-Sep-04, 06:21 PM
O.K. #-o Guess I wasn't reading very closely. Well, let's hope for minimal damage and a three day power outage then. Enjoy.

Humphrey
2003-Sep-04, 08:12 PM
yah we are about to be hit by a tropic depression, possible tropics storm tinight or tomorrow. So i might be gone for a day if the power goes out.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Sep-04, 10:15 PM
Advice:

DON'T

fall out
drop the camera

DO

get a window seat
fly during the day
bring film

DO

Reminds me of a story that my friend told me. He's in air cadets and was staying at the air force base in Cold Lake, Alta. for a summer "camp." Now it's a tradition to steal utensils from the mess. So he grabbed a butter knife and put it into his carry-on during the first week and forgot about it.

Weeks later he was due to return home. He gave his carry-on to the security people to be x-rayed and was asked, "Do you have a knife in your bag?" Since he had forgotten about it, he said, "Nope!" Big mistake. Next thing he knew, he was sitting in front of an armed MP, with his hands zip-tied behind his back, watching all of his friends pass by him to board the plane. He wasn't charged, but was reprimanded, and now has an amusing story to tell his friends. :D

Donnie B.
2003-Sep-04, 11:50 PM
DO

Yeah... I lost a little keychain knife (blade abour 3/4" long, and about as sharp as a fingernail). I mostly carried it because of the bottle opener/screwdriver it had on the other end. Two previous times I remembered to take it off my keychain, but the last time I forgot. Bye-bye... :(

Glom
2003-Sep-05, 01:16 PM
Tomorrow I'll be off to Cornwall for a week. Should return next Saturday night.

TriangleMan
2003-Sep-08, 04:45 PM
Okay I'm back! Hurricane Fabian didn't do much to my neighbourhood. My house had no damage - didn't even lose a window pane, just a few fallen branches in the yard. Power came back on last night and the office is also up and running. Sadly, others on the island were not as fortunate, there is a lot of roof damage in some areas and while about half the island now has power some homes won't be reconnected for a least another week. :(

Musashi
2003-Sep-09, 12:56 AM
Glad you're back TM, when I saw the news about Fabian hitting Bermuda the first thing I thought was, "I hope TriangleMan is OK."

TriangleMan
2003-Sep-09, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the concern. It was unfortunate that 4 people died after being swept off of a bridge but other than that the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was back at work on Monday and 95%+ of the island should be up and running by Thursday - pretty impressive recovery time from a Category 3 hurricane.

Of course, I'm now hearing about another hurricane (Isabella?) that might be heading this way . . . 8-[

Donnie B.
2003-Sep-09, 05:11 PM
Hey... isn't there some rule that you never have to take two hurricane hits in a single season? :evil:

Glom
2003-Sep-13, 05:53 PM
Me back! I've now got to catch up.

This might take a while.

dgruss23
2003-Sep-13, 07:45 PM
Me back! I've now got to catch up.

This might take a while.

Is this going to be a Zeno-like paradox? While you're catching up on the posts you've missed, many more posts will be made. Then you'll need to catch up on those posts, but still more will be made. You'll never catch up! :o :D

Kaptain K
2003-Sep-14, 01:58 AM
Been there, done that! :wink:

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Sep-16, 05:07 AM
This is as good a place as any to put it...

What I did on my weekend vacation... (http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID30/568.html)

TriangleMan
2003-Sep-16, 11:16 AM
What I did on my weekend vacation...

8) I'll have to remember that link when someone says people who like astonomy lead boring lives.

Kaptain K
2003-Sep-16, 05:06 PM
It's been a long time since I attended a SCCA rally (too long). Thanks for triggering the memory! =D>

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Sep-17, 04:12 AM
I'll be diddley-ding-dong-d*mn*d...look who I found in the woods...

http://stcimages.com/rally/cfr03/img_7257_std.jpg

Humphrey
2003-Sep-17, 04:41 AM
who?

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Sep-17, 04:49 AM
The ham radio operator in the reflective green vest standing at the left? Dat beez me, dude...

Humphrey
2003-Sep-17, 04:59 AM
Ah!

The bigger question is:

Is a HAM radio kosher?
Does it taste good?
How doeas a HAM radiuo operate being made of meat and all?

:-P

digitalspector
2003-Sep-17, 05:52 AM
humphrey...

the answer to your question is SPAM...

:D

Archer17
2003-Oct-15, 09:35 PM
The weather here is "going south" in a hurry and so are we. The better-half & I will be gracing the Sunshine State with our presence tomorrow thru Oct 27th. Looking forward to sunny days and starry nights. \:D/

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-16, 02:19 AM
LOL to Humphrey and digitalspector.

have fun on your vacations Archer17 and Charlie.

Charlie, I am curious who is in the picture behind you and why is there a tripel 0 on their car?

Humphrey
2003-Oct-18, 05:41 AM
The weather here is "going south" in a hurry and so are we. The better-half & I will be gracing the Sunshine State with our presence tomorrow thru Oct 27th. Looking forward to sunny days and starry nights. \:D/

Where in FL :-)

Archer17
2003-Oct-25, 04:27 AM
..Where in FL :-)We're in Viera (near Melbourne). Nice state you have here :)

Humphrey
2003-Oct-25, 04:59 AM
..Where in FL :-)We're in Viera (near Melbourne). Nice state you have here :)

To hot for my tastes.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Oct-25, 05:00 AM
Hey, did you ever get that snow that I mailed you?

Humphrey
2003-Oct-25, 05:07 AM
Nope. Must of been intercepted. Customs is prety strict about contraband snow.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Oct-25, 05:18 AM
Gah. I'll FedEx some more.

TriangleMan
2003-Nov-04, 07:41 PM
I'll be vacationing in Canada for a week, I'll be back at the BABB on the 13th or 14th.

Archer17
2003-Nov-04, 09:04 PM
Enjoy yourself TriangleMan. Don't forget to look for the aurora while you're up there!

TriangleMan
2003-Nov-12, 03:51 PM
Ok, I'm back! Didn't see any aurora but I was in downtown Toronto so the light pollution was very bad so I didn't bother to look for it.

Ads on the BABB!? :o Things have changed since I was here last . . .

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Nov-13, 03:58 AM
LOL to Humphrey and digitalspector.

have fun on your vacations Archer17 and Charlie.

Charlie, I am curious who is in the picture behind you and why is there a tripel 0 on their car?

Musta missed this one...

Visible thru the car in the driver's window is longtime friend and rally official Tom Nelson of Colorado. If I remember right, 000 was driven by National Pro Rally Series Steward Dan Coughnour (I was on his pit crew when he started rallying), and riding shotgun is Joe Andreini, perennial competitor/event staff member/Michigan booster, who goes by the moniker 'Uncle Joe'.

Why 3 zeros?

Car 000 is part of the organizing staff, and is first through the stage. It runs well in advance of the cars, and makes sure that everyone is where they belong, there are plenty of log sheets, the clocks are set right, if marshals are needed they are posted from the group that follows with him, if there's a course problem it gets called in to HQ and appropriate notifications are made...a general check on things. John Q. Public is warned that the road is about to be closed to public use, and if you're going, now's the time.

Car 00 runs maybe 30 minutes ahead of the competitors. This car is the one that makes the stage closed to any other than rally traffic. After Car 00 comes thru, the stage is considered to be administratively ready to run: everyone and everything is where they/it belong(s), no one's where they aren't allowed, everyone's awake and doing their jobs.

Car 0 comes thru 15 minutes ahead of the competitors, and he comes thru at speed. This year's car 0 was driven by Mark Utecht, a former multiple national champion in Production GT class. Cat 0's pass is the last check that everything is ready to go. Car 0 is treated as a competitor for administrative purposes. After Car 0 comes through, the stage is considered open for competition, and the cars can show up at any time. Until the passing of the Sweep Team, the stage is a hot race course.

Clear as mud, ain't it?

ToSeek
2003-Nov-27, 03:43 PM
I'll be in Chicago this weekend celebrating the 40th anniversary of Doctor Who with Colin Baker, Frazer Hines, Anneke Wills, et al. I'll be back here Monday afternoon.

Glom, don't put up 900 posts in the meantime, okay?

Glom
2003-Nov-27, 04:31 PM

Yeah right! You're going down, ToSeek. :D

NASA Fan
2003-Nov-27, 04:48 PM
Hey Glom, is that a challange from ToSeek. I say try to see how many post you can make between now and then. You are currently at 3191 post right now, lets see what you are at on Monday.

FP
2003-Nov-27, 05:07 PM
Go, Glom, Go!

Glom
2003-Nov-27, 05:08 PM
8)

ToSeek
2003-Nov-27, 05:17 PM
Isn't anyone on my side? :(

FP
2003-Nov-28, 02:17 AM
I'll be in Chicago this weekend celebrating the 40th anniversary of Doctor Who with Colin Baker, Frazer Hines, Anneke Wills, et al. I'll be back here Monday afternoon.

If you weren't in Chicago celebrating, ... we might be more sympathetic!

NASA Fan
2003-Nov-28, 03:54 AM

No.

Should we be?

I am actually not on either side, I just like stirring up trouble--hey everyone has got to be good at something--stirring the pot is my specialty.

gethen
2003-Nov-28, 01:53 PM

I don't know ToSeek. After what you did to Glom this week, locking him out from the board and then gloating about it on Apollohoax ( :wink: ), it may be wise for all of us to at least pretend support for you.
So... go ToSeek go. Rah rah. Go. :^o

NASA Fan
2003-Nov-28, 03:05 PM
He did what? I must have missed that. I will have to make a detour to ApolloHoax and see if Ican figure out what you are talking about.

gethen
2003-Nov-29, 04:06 AM
NASAfan, look here (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=171574#171574).

NASA Fan
2003-Nov-29, 06:16 AM
Thanks, now I am up to date--that is a nice feeling.

Humphrey
2003-Nov-30, 11:11 PM
I'm with ya toseek. I want to pass Glom as fast as possible. :-)

Glom
2003-Dec-01, 12:31 AM
I'm with ya toseek. I want to pass Glom as fast as possible. :-)

You better get fluffing. :P

Humphrey
2003-Dec-01, 02:11 AM
Bring on the pillows and pillow fights, preferably with a half dressed fiancee!

NASA Fan
2003-Dec-01, 03:02 AM
You know Humphrey, you make it sound like that you are asking to see Glom's fiancee.

Hey don't get upset with me, I am trying to increase my own count.

ToSeek
2003-Dec-01, 07:45 PM
Well, I'm back. I will post my photos with a couple of the lovely Doctor Who actresses when I get the chance.

Off to get caught up on the rest of this board....

Humphrey
2003-Dec-12, 03:00 PM
I will be goiung for the weekend. Be back sunday. :-)

[locks his door and puts Humphrey on guard duity.]

Mainframes
2003-Dec-17, 01:46 PM
Well i'll announce that i'll be away from this friday until 6th/7th january. I'm off to Hong Kong for three days and the rest in Cebu in the Phillipines to go to my Brother's wedding. Hopefully I can find a cyber cafe whilst i'm there and keep in contact.

tuffel999
2003-Dec-19, 09:43 PM
In order to give everyone a break I will be gone (not really a vaction) from the night of the 19th until the 26th. On to Detroit.............

mike alexander
2003-Dec-19, 11:12 PM
NASAFan:

You know Humphrey, you make it sound like that you are asking to see Glom's fiancee.

Hey don't get upset with me, I am trying to increase my own count

Of fiancees?

Humphrey
2003-Dec-20, 04:41 AM
Starting tomorrow i will be on vacation for two weeks. The turtle is coming with me. :-)

NASA Fan
2003-Dec-20, 04:57 AM
So, does that mean that I have 2 weeks to cook up evil schemes against you? Or will you be checking in from time to time?

Humphrey
2003-Dec-20, 05:14 AM
I might be able to check in depending on how much time I have to myself. :-)

But do not fear, i will be plotting againt you also.

Andromeda321
2003-Dec-21, 05:32 PM
Tomorrow I am leaving for the sunny land of California (Mammoth and San Diego to be specific). I'll be back January 3rd. Don't get into too much trouble without me! :wink:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Archer17
2003-Dec-21, 06:04 PM
Enjoy Andromeda .. try to send some warm weather back this way if you can :)

tuffel999
2003-Dec-24, 12:31 AM
Hope andromeda didn't shake rattle and roll the other day with the quake.

P.S.- I am back sort of.

Dark Helmet
2003-Dec-28, 06:25 PM
I'm going to south africa and I will not be back until the 17th of January, that means no DH in the BABB IRC.

ST, you will have to find somebody else to kick around until then.

Happy new years to the BABB!

TriangleMan
2004-Jan-06, 06:59 PM
I will be on vacation until January 21st although I might be able to check in every now and then. 8)

Andromeda321
2004-Jan-06, 07:29 PM
Have fun TriangleMan!
For the record guys I missed the quake by a mere 15 minutes... I was annoyed since I've always wanted to be in one! Another life goal to be furfilled... :-?
I did drive past Owen's Valley though! Radio telescopes are pretty things... :D

Normandy6644
2004-Jan-06, 07:53 PM
Um, Rommie (sorry, I just like that name :lol:), I don't think it's a healthy life goal to want to be in an earthquake. I mean maybe it's just me....

gethen
2004-Jan-06, 08:19 PM
I will be on vacation until January 21st although I might be able to check in every now and then. 8)

On vacation!!?? You live in Bermuda!! How fair is that?

TriangleMan
2004-Jan-22, 11:44 AM
On vacation!!?? You live in Bermuda!! How fair is that?
Very fair - as long as it happens to me. 8)
Every now and then one needs a cold vacation. It's good to be back though.

Sister Ray
2004-Jan-22, 06:29 PM
I'm off trying to find myself. I'll let you know if I indeed find anything.

Humphrey
2004-Mar-05, 06:58 AM
going on spring break staring friday. [today for me]

Normandy6644
2004-Mar-05, 01:09 PM
Me too. Not gonna do a whole lot, but it's nice to be off for a week.

Andromeda321
2004-Mar-10, 05:12 PM
Taking off later today for an early spring break. I'll be in and out for the next two weeks.

Archer17
2004-Apr-16, 08:54 PM
Going to the Sunshine State for two glorious weeks. I'll think of y'all as I'm sitting on a beach watching the waves roll in. :wink:

Musashi
2004-Apr-16, 09:58 PM
Which sunshine state?

Mr. X
2004-Apr-16, 10:52 PM
Flo-re-da. :D

Musashi
2004-Apr-16, 11:26 PM
Well shoot. I though that Cali and Florida shared that nickname, but I see I am mistaken... Guess my memory is starting to go.

Archer17
2004-Apr-23, 07:01 AM
I'm back early due to problems at the better half's POB .. still got a tan 8)

Andromeda321
2004-Apr-23, 04:01 PM
Way to not bring back some warmth with you... I mean look how WET it is outside! I mean I should expect this from Picksburg but it's still rather irritating. :-?

Irony Alert
2004-Apr-24, 05:46 AM
I just got finished moving, so while I was absent, I darn sure wasn't on vacation!

TriangleMan
2004-Apr-29, 08:39 PM
Before I forget, this weekend I start a whirlwind tour of business trips that will see me off-island most of May. My postings will be sporadic for the next month and I may not be able post at all. If so I'll see you all in June.

ToSeek
2004-Apr-29, 10:16 PM
Before I forget, this weekend I start a whirlwind tour of business trips that will see me off-island most of May. My postings will be sporadic for the next month and I may not be able post at all. If so I'll see you all in June.

Just in time for hurricane season. ;)

TriangleMan
2004-Apr-29, 10:22 PM
Just in time for hurricane season. ;)
Execpt one of the trips is to a Carribean island. :)

Andromeda321
2004-Jun-26, 04:50 PM
Summer's here, but I will not be. Tomorrow I'm off to the wonderful world of New Hampshire to be a lazy bum on the side of a lake until sometime in August. My only Internet is restricted to odd hours at a tiny local library (not open all days and still uses a card catalog to give you an idea) so my posts will likely be VERY scarce. I'll miss you guys!

Archer17
2004-Jul-02, 07:36 PM
I'll be out of town from today (leave at 1700) until Sunday July 11.

R.A.F.
2004-Jul-02, 07:43 PM
I'll be out of town from today (leave at 1700) until Sunday July 11.

Well, stay out of trouble, dude! :)

Brady Yoon
2004-Jul-03, 01:56 AM
I'm going to Boy Scout summer camp starting this Sunday. No Bad Astronomy for a whole week... :( Then again, camp should be a lot of fun. It's located in the mountains northeast of San Diego, near a town called Warner Springs. I'll be back next Sunday.

Tranquility
2004-Jul-03, 03:19 PM
I'm in Egypt for a month. Not much internet time so please miss me :lol:

gethen
2004-Jul-08, 12:46 PM
I'm headed for Northern Ontario for 10 days to play. Maybe if anything really exciting happens around here while I'm gone, someone could p.m. me so that I know where to look for the good stuff when I get back. I'm always afraid I'll miss something really intereting while I'm gone.

R.A.F.
2004-Jul-19, 04:40 PM
FYI...

I won't be posting from the 27th of July through the 1st of August. Wifey and I will be heading to San Diego for a little R'n'R.

YIPPIE!!!!! :)

milli360
2004-Aug-04, 07:01 PM
I'm going to take a sabbatical. Look for me in RL. :)

Trinity
2004-Aug-09, 06:00 PM
I just returned from a vacation to the U.P. (for those of you not familiar with the term, that's the upper peninsula of Michigan :) ). My family owns a lake and cabins up there, and it was just beautiful. Sunny days, 72 degrees, and great fishing. The view of the stars at night was amazing, lots of meteorites (I'm guessing it was because we're drawing nearer to the peak of the Perseid showers?). Anyway, a good time was had by all. :)

Brady Yoon
2004-Aug-09, 06:20 PM
I'm going to Mammoth for a week starting next weeks. Cross country camp: 10 miles of running per day. :)

Bawheid
2004-Aug-27, 02:30 PM
Italy for a fortnight, one week cycling, one week lounging on a beach.

Switching off and heading for the airport.

TAXI! :D

NASA Fan
2004-Aug-31, 04:35 AM
Well, on Friday I will be leaving on vacation (the first real vacation in 5 years). I will be in Denmark and England for a total of about 2 weeks.

Musashi
2004-Aug-31, 04:55 AM
Have fun!

Humphrey
2004-Aug-31, 02:34 PM
Ohhhh......Now my reign of terror can really progress!

Seriously, have fun. Enjoy yourself and No picking up henchmen while on vacation.

ToSeek
2004-Sep-01, 12:36 AM
I'm off to Worldcon tomorrow and won't be back until Tuesday evening. If the BA wonders why the server load is way down, that's why. ;) I may try to put in the occasional report if I can get online, though.

Swift
2004-Sep-01, 01:23 PM
I'm off to Worldcon tomorrow and won't be back until Tuesday evening. If the BA wonders why the server load is way down, that's why. ;) I may try to put in the occasional report if I can get online, though.
And with the opening of the Market this morning, Google's stock just plunged 23-1/8 points. :D

Meteora
2004-Sep-02, 07:06 AM
...And I'm off to New Mexico (my current favorite state) and Colorado for a week and a half. :D Well, I leave tomorrow, actually, but I'll have limited computer time today, due to preparations and such.

See y'all (have I been in Oklahoma too long?) on the other side!

gethen
2004-Sep-02, 03:32 PM
I'm leaving a week from today for a 10 day road trip to Colorado and Utah--hiking, sightseeing, stopping at every book store along the way probably. I'm posting this now because the way this computer is behaving, I may be unable to post at any time, at least until my son gets here to fix this thing.

Brady Yoon
2004-Sep-03, 07:39 AM
I'm going to the Grand Canyon for four days. I'm leaving Friday and coming back on Labor Day. My cross country coach says I have to run there though. :roll: Hopefully, I can see a lot of stars there. :)

NASA Fan
2004-Sep-20, 11:16 AM
I'm Baaaaaack! So watch out Humphrey--your evil reign will soon be over.

Seriously though, I was worried about all the Floridians and other members affected by Frances and Ivan.

Hutch
2004-Sep-29, 11:43 AM
Well, not the most prolific poster here, but will take the opportunity to pad my numbers... :D

Off tomorrow for Cairo, Egypt for meetings until the 12th, and then on to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to visit some friends (lived there 99-03), so I'll be out until the 20th of October.

I'll see if I can find any strange Alien markings on the Pyramids.... :P

Humphrey
2004-Sep-29, 12:16 PM
Lucky stiff! If you can take a few pics of the pyramids, circle them in red, write "No freaking Aliens see!" and send them to Van Daniken. :-)

Hutch
2004-Sep-30, 01:11 AM
Lucky stiff!

Stiff is right--6'2", 275, coach seating, total 17 hours in the air... :o

If you can take a few pics of the pyramids, circle them in red, write "No freaking Aliens see!" and send them to Van Daniken. :-)

Probably get charged for the postage. Besides, who's to say he won't use Hoagland's magic scanner and find some UFO's? #-o

Humphrey
2004-Sep-30, 05:07 AM
I'm Baaaaaack! So watch out Humphrey--your evil reign will soon be over.

Seriously though, I was worried about all the Floridians and other members affected by Frances and Ivan.

Just saw this. Sorry. :-(

Welcome back!!! Prepare for the onslaught of pies!! :D

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-10, 05:18 AM
I'm on a semi-vacation back home in Florida right now, but I'm only here until Tuesday so I probably won't be posting too much until then. Just figured I'd drop it in here since I rarely go on vacation. :D

I'm (still) on Winter Break right now, so I've been much less frequent. I'll probably be more regular once I get back to school.

TriangleMan
2005-Jan-11, 06:38 PM
I leave tomorrow for JREF's The Amazing Meeting (TAM) for a few days and then on a weeks vacation. Probably be back on the 24th. 8)

BA and Hutch are also going to be at TAM so I expect they won't be around for a few days either.

Swift
2005-Mar-10, 02:36 PM
I will be leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow for a ten day trip \:D/ . You folks have fun without me. I'll think of you all when I look up at the sky. :D

Normandy6644
2005-Mar-21, 04:59 PM
I'm on Spring Break right now and will be not be posting all that much for the next week. Someone let me know if anything interesting happens! :D

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 07:40 PM
I'm going to be in Europe until around the 1st of April. School trip, if you'll believe it!

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 07:44 PM
I'm going to be in Europe until around the 1st of April. School trip, if you'll believe it!

No chance you'll visit Belgium/the Netherlands?

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 07:47 PM
'Fraid not. It'll be Italy, Monaco, southern France, and Spain. I would like to head through Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands at some point, though.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 07:50 PM
'Fraid not. It'll be Italy, Monaco, southern France, and Spain. I would like to head through Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands at some point, though.

Those first four would be enough for one visit I think! We take 4 years to visit them all! (Well, Monaco and part of southern France can be done on one trip) :)

Well, I'll have to wait a bit longer before a BABB'er comes to visit me :)

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 07:52 PM
I'm actually considering taking my second year of university at a Queen's University (a Canadian school) campus in the UK. If I do that, I'll make sure to come down and see you. :)

Won't be for a couple years yet, though.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 08:06 PM
I'm actually considering taking my second year of university at a Queen's University (a Canadian school) campus in the UK. If I do that, I'll make sure to come down and see you. :)

Won't be for a couple years yet, though.

By the time you've visited all BABBers in the UK, you won't have time left to come to the continent! :lol:

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 08:11 PM
Gah, I'll make time! :P

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 08:12 PM
8)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 08:13 PM
8) I'll let you kow where I live by then!

"Hi, nice to hear you're in the UK and coming to Belgium this weekend, but I recently moved to Ottawa for my job..."

:lol:

Candy
2005-Mar-21, 08:18 PM

"Hi, nice to hear you're in the UK and coming to Belgium this weekend, but I recently moved to Ottawa for my job..."

You're so mean. :wink:

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 08:44 PM

With my luck? Maybe.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 08:53 PM
The English language lost me here 8-[

Little explanation please?

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 09:18 PM
I'm (jokingly) saying that since I have bad luck, it seems very possible that you moving to Ottawa as I move away would happen.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-21, 09:33 PM
I'm (jokingly) saying that since I have bad luck, it seems very possible that you moving to Ottawa as I move away would happen.

#-o #-o #-o

Now that you explain it, It is so clear and simple. I perfectly understand the construction of the sentence and the meaning of your response. If I hadn't been on a sidetrack, I would have got it without further explanation.

I was on a sidetrack because I thought you made an end to my sentence:

"I moved to ottawa with your luck" I was thinking it might have been some expression for you s.o. I had never heard before or something like that :lol: #-o

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-21, 09:57 PM
That's alright. I was happy to oblige. :)

Makgraf
2005-Mar-21, 11:31 PM
If you actually had bad luck you wouldn't be leaving Ottawa :P.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-22, 12:20 AM
Ouch.

I still have to come back. :D

Tensor
2005-Mar-22, 01:07 AM
Ouch.

I still have to come back. :D

My sympathies. :)

Swift
2005-Mar-22, 03:04 AM
I will be leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow for a ten day trip \:D/ . You folks have fun without me. I'll think of you all when I look up at the sky. :D
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you'all miss me? :-?
I'll post so photos somewhere on the web when I have the chance.

Candy
2005-Mar-22, 03:18 AM
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!
I did! I'm glad you're back! =D>

Candy
2005-Mar-22, 03:23 AM
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!
SciFi Chick and Jpax got Banned, then un-Banned. I was away at the time, but it caused quite a stir. :-?

Swift
2005-Mar-22, 04:02 AM
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!
SciFi Chick and Jpax got Banned, then un-Banned. I was away at the time, but it caused quite a stir. :-?
Talk about a WOW! signal. :o Thanks for the news.

Normandy6644
2005-May-22, 05:23 AM
I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow for a six week trip staying with my girlfriend and her family. Internet access is scarce, and given my situation I doubt I'll be bending over backwards to find time for posting. :D I wish everyone a happy and healthy summer and I will post plenty of pictures when I return. Until then! Arrivederci! 8)

Candy
2005-May-22, 12:05 PM
I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow for a six week trip staying with my girlfriend and her family. Internet access is scarce, and given my situation I doubt I'll be bending over backwards to find time for posting. :D I wish everyone a happy and healthy summer and I will post plenty of pictures when I return. Until then! Arrivederci! 8)
Wow, I'm jealous of your girlfriend. :wink:

HURRY BACK AND SHOW US SOME PIC's! 8)

Archer17
2005-May-30, 07:10 PM
I'll be out of town doing the "camping thing" till June 5

Musashi
2005-May-31, 02:42 AM
Have fun!

Archer17
2005-Jun-03, 09:34 PM
Have fun!It seems that Mother Nature had a different idea and we are back early. Thanks for the thought though. 8)

Humphrey
2005-Jul-12, 03:09 AM
Tomorrow (Tuesday) ill be in Toronto for a week.

Archer17
2005-Jul-21, 09:13 PM
Leaving for Atlantic City in a few minutes .. will be back the 30th or 31st. Wish us luck!

Swift
2005-Jul-21, 09:25 PM
Leaving for Atlantic City in a few minutes .. will be back the 30th or 31st. Wish us luck!
luck :D

Normandy6644
2005-Jul-21, 11:08 PM
I never got to say I was back because BABBling was locked when I returned, so.....I'm back! (Obviously :D )

ToSeek
2005-Aug-10, 07:12 PM
I'll be away Friday, August 12, returning Monday, August 22. For more detailsl see this thread. (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23595) Until then, you'll just have to ToSeek each other. ;)

zebo-the-fat
2005-Aug-10, 07:28 PM
I go, Florida awaits, later, I return! :D