PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter and "5" moons.

winensky
2007-Aug-07, 01:58 PM
I'm afraid the quality is not what I would have hoped for. I had to wait until Europa came out from behind Jupiter and by that time seeing was deteriorating but with a little level adjusting this single shot with my 3" and digicam, 1/15s f 4.9, captured all 6 objects.

Kind regards
Matt

Bokmakierie
2007-Aug-07, 02:54 PM
I'm afraid the quality is not what I would have hoped for. I had to wait until Europa came out from behind Jupiter and by that time seeing was deteriorating but with a little level adjusting this single shot with my 3" and digicam, 1/15s f 4.9, captured all 6 objects.

Kind regards
Matt

Matt, you beat me to it!! I saw the "5" moons as well and tried to capture all in my shots of Jupiter but in the end I did not get the star in the shot. Bummer!! But great work!! This is really excellent.

Phil

Bokmakierie
2007-Aug-07, 03:00 PM
Matt, on the 26th Vesta will pass within a half a degree from Jupiter. I am going to try to capture it but maybe you will have better luck. I am not sure if this applies only to the Southern Hemisphere???

Phil

Tucson_Tim
2007-Aug-07, 03:18 PM
Great picture.

What is the magnitude of Omega Ophichus?

winensky
2007-Aug-07, 03:24 PM
Omega Orphiuchi is mag 4.5 but my poor scope suffers from some horrific abberation at the edges of the field so it probably appears dimmer than it really is. It was the brightest of the "moons" on direct vision.

Kind regards
Matt

P.S. Thanks Phil. I have heard about Vesta and hopefully between the two of us we can come up with the goods!

Kind regards
Matt

Tucson_Tim
2007-Aug-07, 03:26 PM
Omega Orphiuchi is mag 4.5 but my poor scope suffers from some horrific abberation at the edges of the field so it probably appears dimmer than it really is. It was the brightest of the "moons" on direct vision.

Kind regards
Matt

Still, a great picture. Thanks for posting.