PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Earth Theory Photo *Debunked*

d3bunker
2007-Aug-09, 05:39 PM
http://www.xenophilia.com/zb/zb0008/hole.jpg
This is a poor quality photo that supposedly shows the hole in the north pole often used by Hollow Earth Bilievers(H.E.B.) in their sites.

Have you noticed that the fairy tellers writers of those opinions never focus on details but they prefer to show to the public only a photo of poor quality?
This is obviously done in purpose in order to hide or obscure the truth so that the fairy tale become more believable to victim-readers that don't have the time, the mood or the means to dig deep into the subject.

So let's examine the details:

The specific photo in question is no. AS16-118-1885 of the lunar mission Apollo16 that was taken the first days on the way to the moon.

In project Apollo you can find a version of the photo in very high resolution in contradiction to the poor resolution photo versions the Hollow Earth Believers methodically like to use.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a16/AS16-118-18885HR.jpg

Now we are talkin!
From this photograph we can dig a lot of details.

Here is a close frame of the area in question:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4212/holehighrescr0.jpg
Where we can clearly see the coastlines of the polar ice cap that begins slightly up from the location of the hole in the clouds. In the hole we can discriminate the sea below. No special anomaly in this photo. We are dealing with an anticyclon, a local weather phenomenon that created a cyclic symmetry rarification in the clouds.
We can easily discriminate North America, West Coast, California, Florida in the east, all plainly visible, in the north sides of the continent there is naturally some cloud cover.
But let's see what is the location of this hole in the clouds.
Hollow Earth Bilievers(H.E.B.) claim that is EXACTLY in the north pole.
But where exactly is the north pole?

Below you can see two photos in comparison. On the left the photo in question. On the right the equivalent projection of Earth with the help of a 3--D Atlas. Compare the coastlines of the continent to see for yourself that we are dealing with the same spot:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1512/comparejd5.jpg

Below you can find the composite of the two photos:
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2503/compositeoy7.jpg

Where we can clearly see that the north pole real location in this photo is thousand kilometers northern* of the spot that the H.E.B. claim that is the hole in the north pole!
Finally the hole in the clouds is located slightly south of the Bering Strait a place that is covered by sea and obviously by a frequent shiproute.

*: slightly more than 3500 kilometers to be precise. A measurement done with Google Earth.

BertL
2007-Aug-09, 05:59 PM
There are people who believe the world is hollow?

:(

2007-Aug-09, 06:03 PM

Worse. They know the Earth is hollow.

d3bunker
2007-Aug-09, 06:10 PM
Yes, they've been there by using astral projection. :liar:

Fazor
2007-Aug-09, 06:47 PM
why do you think santa lives in the north pole? he could never visit the world's children all in one night if he had to fly around the suface to do so.

it's painfully obvious that he uses this huge underground space to make his trip, randomly popping up to the surface through well-hidden openings.

CJSF
2007-Aug-09, 06:53 PM
Actually, if that were the case, wouldn't he actually be taking longer and unnecessary trips?

CJSF

Fazor
2007-Aug-09, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm assuming he has to make trips back to the start to refill his bag. I mean, a bag that never needs refilled just isn't plausable...

Trebuchet
2007-Aug-09, 07:15 PM
It's like the one Hermione has in the last Harry Potter novel! So if Harry is real, so is Santa.

I've always thought the "hollow earth" thing was one of the silliest of the many silly woo-woo beliefs.

Just looked at the photos, good job. It was evident even from the first one that the "hole" was nowhere near the pole.

Fazor
2007-Aug-09, 07:21 PM
Well, there's woo-woo's, then there's the CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-WWOOO!!--WWOOOOO!!'s that have long ago sent the thunderious Logic Train flying off the tracks. Hollow earth/moon'ers are deffinately up there.

Svector
2007-Aug-09, 07:50 PM

There are even people who believe the moon doesn't exist. And you thought our lovable little Apollo HBs were scary.

:shifty:

Donnie B.
2007-Aug-09, 07:57 PM
All your so-called debunking does is prove that we've been lied to about where the North Pole is. :)

Occam
2007-Aug-09, 08:09 PM
Yes, they've been there by using astral projection. :liar:
Here is absolute proof that astral projection is real! (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:ZeissPlanetariumProjector_MontrealPlanetariu m.jpg)

Vonstadt
2007-Aug-09, 08:11 PM
There are even people who believe the moon doesn't exist. And you thought our lovable little Apollo HBs were scary.

*gasp* are you serious? Do they only go outside on cloudy nights? o.0

"No no dear that is no moon....that is a neatly rounded, very shiny....um cloud..yes that is a cloud"

Van Rijn
2007-Aug-09, 08:14 PM

Yep. I put it up there with YEC, Geocentrism, the spaceship Moon (which is also hollow, naturally) and Velikovsky's planetary pool games at the extreme end of the "Woo" scale.

nomuse
2007-Aug-09, 08:24 PM
Not only do they believe in the hollow Earth, they charter boats to visit the hole. Although last I heard the charter had trouble finding enough passengers to properly foot the bill....

Ilya
2007-Aug-09, 08:38 PM
*gasp* are you serious? Do they only go outside on cloudy nights? o.0

"No no dear that is no moon....that is a neatly rounded, very shiny....um cloud..yes that is a cloud"

I saw "the moon does not exist" website, and it is a very obvious parody.

tbm
2007-Aug-10, 02:38 AM

Oh, yesss...... Even the esteemed George Noory of C2C seems to think that such a thing is possibe.

tbm

d3bunker
2007-Aug-10, 08:38 PM
Just looked at the photos, good job. It was evident even from the first one that the "hole" was nowhere near the pole.
Thanks. If by the first one you mean the poor quality photo the Hollow Earth crowd like to use, I am genuienly surpised how you managed to find any valuable clues with that kind of resolution!

All your so-called debunking does is prove that we've been lied to about where the North Pole is.
Ιt proves more than that if you take the trouble to examine more carefully the text and images.

2007-Aug-10, 08:45 PM
All your so-called debunking does is prove that we've been lied to about where the North Pole is. :)

Ιt proves more than that if you take the trouble to examine more carefully the text and images.

Just a guess: perhaps you shouldn't have ignored the smiley at the end.

But, your image analysis was good. Keep it up.

Donnie B.
2007-Aug-10, 11:10 PM
Guess I should have gone with the winky smiley.

Van Rijn
2007-Aug-10, 11:31 PM
Heh. Hollow earth is so far from physical reality that, except perhaps for one or two other long time posters that have mentioned large hollow celestial bodies or equally unlikely things, I'd pretty much assume a joke for anybody with a decent post count. Even for new posters, I'm likely to at least ask if they're serious.

PhantomWolf
2007-Aug-13, 04:29 AM

:shifty:

I'd question this. There is the paradoy site by the Mad Revisionist, but that's obviously a joke. I have seen a number of people who claim that the Moon is an Artifical construction, or spaceship, but I have never seen anyone that seriously claims that it doesn't exist.

mugaliens
2007-Aug-13, 08:28 PM
Uh, can't believe no one's said this, yet: "That's no moon. That's a space station!"

tbm
2007-Aug-13, 08:59 PM
For ye naysayers, non-believers, debunkers, and other silly people.

HERE is the proof you refuse to acknowledge:

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/

So there!

tbm

Five Easy Pieces
2007-Aug-13, 09:06 PM
Not only do they believe in the hollow Earth, they charter boats to visit the hole. Although last I heard the charter had trouble finding enough passengers to properly foot the bill....

Figures. Can't even make money from these people. What else are they good for?

Laguna
2007-Aug-14, 06:12 AM
For ye naysayers, non-believers, debunkers, and other silly people.

HERE is the proof you refuse to acknowledge:

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/

So there!

tbm
Oh yeah, and again THE TRUTHTM is only $12.95. :doh:

BigDon
2007-Aug-14, 05:46 PM
So the Pelucidar series was right? Wow. Burroughs was amazing. And if Frazetta is correct about it it is full of very curvy cavewomen. Pshaw! I'm game! Let's go! We could form a BAUT expedition. We'll need a doctor to lead it of course, is Phil a doctor? I, with my years of moving experience, could be in charge of the roustabouts and porters.

We'll need both medical doctors and guns, as it is dinosaur country. Though I am thinking more of deterrents for the more pesky dinosaurs so you aren't knocking out apex preditors who are in turn keeping the mid level preditors in check, much like tigersharks eating smaller sharks so more reef fish suvive.

Those cool portable electric fences for camping in grizzly country look good for starters.

Would dogs be a hinderence or a help?

Laguna
2007-Aug-14, 07:47 PM
Would dogs be a hinderence or a help?
What do you want to use them for?
Life bait? Dino Snacks?
Imagine a dog attacking a troop of raptors... :sick:

BigDon
2007-Aug-16, 01:19 AM
What do you want to use them for?
Life bait? Dino Snacks?
Imagine a dog attacking a troop of raptors... :sick:

That depends on the dogs Laguna. I've met a mastiff that weighed more than I did that I would pit against even a "hollywood" raptor, no problem. (Hollow bones suck when it comes to taking damage)

Plus dogs rightly belong in their own pack to be fair. Given their heavier weight, denser mass and much greater intellingence dogs wouldn't be helpless against raptors seeings as how REAL ones weighed about 35 pounds on average. I was thinking of the mid-sized theropods ~400 to 2000 pounders.

Now you don't use dogs as a end all barrier. Think of hunting lions with dogs, not foxes. The dogs are to delay the beast so you can shoot it with a better degree of safety than without the dogs. They aren't there to take on the lion directly. Which few dogs will do BTW.

(Oh, hunter's joke here. Friend emptied his brother's "Doe scent" bottle and refilled it with lion whiz, sold around here in your finer gardening supply outlets. Bro now seems to be in a deer slump. Will be told later.)

BertL
2007-Aug-16, 05:19 AM
For some reason I thought the subject of this topic was Hollow Dogs. I should get some sleep.

nomuse
2007-Aug-16, 07:56 AM
Oddly enough, I'm having a conversation on a 3d arts forum right now about rendering imaginary underground worlds.

Mr Gorsky
2007-Aug-21, 11:25 AM
Oddly enough, I'm having a conversation on a 3d arts forum right now about rendering imaginary underground worlds.

There's nothing odd about that ... it's all part of the great conspiracy. Haven't you been paying attention?