PDA

View Full Version : Colourful Perseid

reckless
2007-Aug-13, 08:08 PM
Clouds, clouds, clouds !!!

This is the only image I managed to get of a small Perseid meteor - although it is quite colourful. It is passing through Andromeda heading towards M31 (which you can see on the extreme centre right of the frame). The orangey-red patches are clouds reflecting the local light pollution. Had to pack it in at 2am BST as it started spitting with rain - typical !!!

Eric

galacsi
2007-Aug-13, 08:17 PM
Clouds, clouds, clouds !!!

This is the only image I managed to get of a small Perseid meteor - although it is quite colourful. It is passing through Andromeda heading towards M31 (which you can see on the extreme centre right of the frame). The orangey-red patches are clouds reflecting the local light pollution. Had to pack it in at 2am BST as it started spitting with rain - typical !!!

Eric

I was in Termignon East of France and wait an hour until 22 GMT and just saw one before clouds covered the whole sky. But it was a big one going from between a quarter and a third of the sky.

tvdavis
2007-Aug-14, 12:25 AM
I didn't see any! Totally clouded out. Nice shot.

Tom

JAICOA
2007-Aug-14, 12:56 AM
Great catch! Eric, the background colors makes it more of a dramatic scene-Nice.

paul f. campbell
2007-Aug-14, 01:40 AM
Hi Eric.

Nice shot, I saw maybe 25 but the sky glow here was to much for photos, so I just sat around and relaxed and watched. Clear skies to you Paul

andyschlei
2007-Aug-14, 09:07 PM
I shot a bunch of film (yes, film) on Sunday in the Anza valley, I hope I get a result close to yours!

Tucson_Tim
2007-Aug-14, 09:29 PM
Nice picture!