PDA

View Full Version : my first moon shot through my telescope older c8

webejamn
2007-Aug-22, 09:43 AM
i have taken many shots with my camera and my 400mm lens, however this is the first shot through my telescope, i guess i did it piggy back, however i hand held the camera, i had a 50mm lens on there and i set the apiture to 2.8. i raised the iso to 800 so i could hand hold it. i believe i set the time on 1/100
i did this in town so there was alot of ambient light. i did this through the eye pieces, i only have 2, one is a 40mm and one is a 9 (i think)
i dont know if this was the best way to do this or not, i do ahve a tmount for my camera, but i dont have the adapter for the tripod. anyway here you go, take alook and give me some advice. thanks

Bokmakierie
2007-Aug-22, 09:56 AM
Webejamm,

Welcome to the forum.
I think your pictures are really good for a first attempt.
Keep at it and concentrate on shots when the moon is more or less half full. Then the craters will stand out nicely.

Phil

Tucson_Tim
2007-Aug-22, 07:10 PM
Webejamm,

Welcome to the forum.
I think your pictures are really good for a first attempt.

Phil

Seconded!

JAICOA
2007-Aug-22, 07:59 PM
Wellcome and a great start-off, you did very good Webejamn. Hope to see more from you. Clear Skies

paul f. campbell
2007-Aug-22, 10:31 PM
Hi WeBeJamn.
Welcome to the forum. Your first attempt at astrophotography looks good. I ran your 3 photos through registax, photoshop cs2 and noiseware and they cleaned up nice. Your photos are better then you think and with a little help from programs like the ones I use and programs that others use, your photos will start to look great. I hope to see more. Clear skies Paul

webejamn
2007-Aug-22, 11:58 PM
well you will have to tell me how to get these cleaned up alittle, i sharpened them and dropped the color and added some contast. but that was all.

paul f. campbell
2007-Aug-23, 12:34 AM
Hi Webejamn.
Heres one of yor photos that I cleaned up using registax, photoshop cs2 and noiseware. I did not spend alot of time on this, there is alot more that could be done using photofilter and Helicon filter. All but photoshop cs2 are freeware that you can get on the web. I hope you like it. Clear skies Paul.