banquo's_bumble_puppy
2007-Aug-31, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdnlEsu-qng

Nicolas
2007-Aug-31, 12:03 PM
t-t-t

1) no context other than the thread title
2) no own comments or starting point for discussion
3) no warning that this is a video link for those not familiar with "youtube", so WARNING: MULTI MEGABYTE VIDEO AND EXPLICIT VIOLENCE

So before I click this thing and see yet another reincarnation of the "guy tries to jump over pool but doesn't make it" video, can you please tell us what it is you want us to see and why and what we could discuss about it and what is your opinion on it? (breathes in, should have split sentence somewhere halfway :)). thanks.

mugaliens
2007-Aug-31, 12:07 PM
They need to get him some shelfish and rocks and show him how to crack them open...

mugaliens
2007-Aug-31, 12:10 PM
And a MUCH bigger pool.

"We just pretty much rub him and the water comes off."

And the oil that keeps his fur waterproof in the first place...

Some people are so stupid when it comes to wild animals. I don't care how "cute" he is. If they're going to keep him (was he an orphan?) they need to learn how to care for him and teach him how to care for himself as he would in the wild.

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2007-Aug-31, 12:14 PM
t-t-t

1) no context other than the thread title
2) no own comments or starting point for discussion
3) no warning that this is a video link for those not familiar with "youtube", so WARNING: MULTI MEGABYTE VIDEO AND EXPLICIT VIOLENCE

So before I click this thing and see yet another reincarnation of the "guy tries to jump over pool but doesn't make it" video, can you please tell us what it is you want us to see and why and what we could discuss about it and what is your opinion on it? (breathes in, should have split sentence somewhere halfway :)). thanks.

which part of baby otter and cute didn't you get???
lighten up

Nicolas
2007-Aug-31, 12:20 PM
My main peeve is linking to a huge video link without any warning of the nature of the link other than the name "youtube" which only rings a bell for those familiar. And for those familiar with it, they'd still have to start downloading a large file without knowing what they were going to see.

About the part I didn't gt: I am not familiar with the expression "cute as a button" so I read it as

cute as a "button-baby otter"

Which made me wonder what a button-baby otter is and what it is you want us to show that is as cute as this creature. :)

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2007-Aug-31, 12:22 PM
must be a cultural thing

Nicolas
2007-Aug-31, 12:23 PM
Of course it is, like not having English as first language in this culture. :)

However, unwarned downloading megabytes or just any video file (being at your job...) is not a cultural thing.

That said, the baby otter does look cute indeed.

mugaliens
2007-Aug-31, 05:36 PM
Hey, Nicolas - you're from Belgium, after all, not Kansas. Don't sweat it.

I still have a difficult time understanding my Brit friend and some of his local idioms.

And supposedly, he and I speak the same language!