PDA

View Full Version : Acres Wide Spider Web

farmerjumperdon
2007-Aug-31, 01:13 PM
Too bad there are not more pictures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/31/us/31spider.html?th&emc=th

Yes, I am a bit demented; but I think it would be really fun to have people with fear of spiders walk down this trail. Couldn't be any worse than a stroll thru a haunted house.

Swift
2007-Aug-31, 01:22 PM
Yes, I am a bit demented; but I think it would be really fun to have people with fear of spiders walk down this trail. Couldn't be any worse than a stroll thru a haunted house.
Not if you want to live with them. I'm not even going to show the article to my wife.

farmerjumperdon
2007-Aug-31, 02:43 PM
"I'm not even going to show the article to my wife."

Sounds like a person on a diet saying "I'm not going to eat that piece of German Chocolate cake."

You know you really want to.

mugaliens
2007-Aug-31, 05:27 PM
Don't tell me you transplanted a bunch of egg sacs...

Tinaa
2007-Aug-31, 11:55 PM
Entomologists are debating the origin and rarity of a sprawling spider web that blankets several trees, shrubs and the ground along a 200-yard stretch of trail in a North Texas park.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/30/spider.web.ap/index.html?eref=ib_us#cnnSTCVideo

Oh my! I don't think I could even drive by this thing without having a heart attack! Walk into this series of webs and you may not get out! *shudder*

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Sep-01, 12:17 AM
toseeked
http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/64107-acres-wide-web.html

Donnie B.
2007-Sep-01, 12:54 AM
Acromantulas. Definitely.

Tinaa
2007-Sep-01, 01:04 AM
toseeked
http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/64107-acres-wide-web.html

Dang it! My title sounds grander. Will merge.

EDIT: merger done

Whirlpool
2007-Sep-01, 07:50 AM
That's creepy. I just remember the movie "eight-legged freaks".

:eek:

Neverfly
2007-Sep-01, 08:54 AM
Most spider flicks are pretty lame.

Spiders dont bother me- In fact I encourage them. They eat the mosquitos, gnats and flies.
Mosquitos are MUCH MUCH more likely to bite than a spider is:p

I have seen such things as this a few times.
As well as silk worms that cover entire groves.

It can be pretty eerie:p

mugaliens
2007-Sep-01, 01:47 PM
I at least look at them, first - some can produce some ulcerating bites if you roll over on them at night...

The rest I let hang their webs in the house, provided it's only a few corners.

Ilya
2007-Sep-02, 12:40 AM
Having fear of spiders must really suck... :D

I would probably examine this thing for hours -- with a magnifying glass.

hhEb09'1
2007-Sep-02, 03:17 AM
Dang it! My title sounds grander. Will merge.Let me get this straight, you were toseeked, then you merged the threads, but you used your original title--which touts your home state? Is that correct? :)

Tobin Dax
2007-Sep-02, 09:39 AM
Let me get this straight, you were toseeked, then you merged the threads, but you used your original title--which touts your home state? Is that correct? :)
It's good to be a mod. :)

And fjdon, be sure that those spiders can build a comfy hammock or at least a couch cover for swift to sleep on before you goad him into changing where he sleeps for a few nights (months, years, whichever). :)

Tinaa
2007-Sep-02, 11:25 AM
Let me get this straight, you were toseeked, then you merged the threads, but you used your original title--which touts your home state? Is that correct? :)

Yes, no...sorta. I looked for a thread with spider webs in title before posting. I was on my thread when I clicked on davidlpf's noticed I had been ToSeeked. I went to merge the threads knowing that the first posted would be first in the newly merged thread. After I merged, my titled stayed and I was too lazy and in a hurry to to change it. I should have been on the original thread when I merged them.

I was teasing when I claimed my title was grander. It was more descriptive than the original. I have a little time so I can fix it now.

hhEb09'1
2007-Sep-02, 01:08 PM
Yes, no...sorta. I looked for a thread with spider webs in title before posting. I was on my thread when I clicked on davidlpf's noticed I had been ToSeeked. I went to merge the threads knowing that the first posted would be first in the newly merged thread. After I merged, my titled stayed and I was too lazy and in a hurry to to change it. I should have been on the original thread when I merged them. So that's how that works!
I was teasing when I claimed my title was grander.I know :)

AFAIK, there were actually only two things that were really bigger in TX, and you all lost one of those fifty years ago :)

I think I have bigger spider webs in my crawlspace!
It was more descriptive than the original. I have a little time so I can fix it now.That's OK. I think Don's original title was a play on "World Wide Web" wasn't it? Acres Wide Web?

Tinaa
2007-Sep-02, 11:30 PM
Egos and belt buckles still tend to be bigger in Texas. All these darned cowboys!

hhEb09'1
2007-Sep-03, 02:35 AM
I forgot about the belt buckles! :)