Humphrey
2003-Jul-16, 04:12 AM
for me it has. :P

Musashi
2003-Jul-16, 04:14 AM
But I thought he was live.... :(

ocasey3
2003-Jul-16, 04:15 AM
I saw that tonight. :lol: When will I stop being amazed by how many people are ignorant of such basic things? :-?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-16, 04:16 AM
But I thought he was live....

He is. But he means "not dead."

ocasey3
2003-Jul-16, 04:17 AM
But I thought he was live.... :(

Nope, it's taped in the early evening in front of a live audience.

Musashi
2003-Jul-16, 04:19 AM
Ah, that makes sense!

ocasey3
2003-Jul-16, 04:22 AM
I have since switched over to Letterman. Can only take Leno in small doses. But now I see that Serena Williams is on Leno, talk about stars! 8)

Musashi
2003-Jul-16, 04:25 AM
I switch back and forth. I hate how Leno's speaking volumn trails off at the end of a sentence.

ocasey3
2003-Jul-16, 04:29 AM
Sometimes he comes across too mysoginistic for me. (Leno)

Humphrey
2003-Jul-16, 04:37 AM
I have since switched over to Letterman. Can only take Leno in small doses. But now I see that Serena Williams is on Leno, talk about stars! 8)

Don't worry, it got worse. Hanson was the music guest. :evil:

ocasey3
2003-Jul-16, 04:39 AM
You said Hanson, heh, heh.

pmcolt
2003-Jul-16, 05:57 PM
Todays Jaywalking:

Ohhhhhhh, so that's where the HBs and PXers learned their physics. I usually don't watch late shows unless I'm a fan of one of the guests, but anytime I watch, that segment never fails to make me cringe.

SpaceTrekkie
2003-Jul-29, 01:53 AM
Did you guys see the Jaywalking where (my personal favorite question) he asked where the International space station?...these people are soo stupid ..the answer is in the name!

Russ
2003-Jul-29, 05:05 PM
I think Leno biases Jaywalking for the dumbies. I'm sure he gets lots of people who know the answers but only puts the dumbies on the air. If he really gets that many dumbies, .....ooooh! That thought is so scarry, I feel sick at my stomach! :o :( :o ](*,)

Humphrey
2003-Jul-29, 05:06 PM
Well some could be faking it.

Russ
2003-Jul-29, 05:49 PM
Well some could be faking it.

You and I may have to fake being dumb but the folks who make it onto Jaywalking don't leave me with that impression.

Now for something completely different: I read your little profile to the left there. I am Jenuinalllley impressed that since 6/27/03 you have made 860 posts here. That's an average of 27 posts per day! Where do you get the time to do that??!!

Humphrey
2003-Jul-29, 06:56 PM
It used to be ~32 ppd. :-)

I am on summer vacation from college. It will go down a bit once school starts up again in late August.

Musashi
2003-Jul-29, 10:37 PM
Hah, I am faster than Humphrey, well, not really, but almost!

On topic - Yeah, the people that Jay shows on Jaywalking appear to be genuinely stupid.

tracer
2003-Jul-30, 06:15 PM
"What is the boiling point of water?"

84 deg. [f]
Did the man-on-the-street really say that little "f" in square brackets?

If not, he might be closer than you think. The now-defunct system of temperature measurement invented by René Antoine Ferchault de Réaumur put the boiling point of water at 80 degrees.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-30, 06:18 PM
No she did not say [f]. I assumes that was what she was talking about. Farenheit i mean.

tracer
2003-Jul-30, 06:20 PM
Maybe she was talking about Celsius. At really really really high altitude. ;)

Humphrey
2003-Jul-30, 06:25 PM
:lol: lol

tracer
2003-Jul-30, 09:28 PM
"where does the sun go at night?"
behind the moon?
Oh, well, ya see, he/she was a native speaker of this really obscure New York dialect of English, where "at night" is slang for "during a solar eclipse."

Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket.

frenat
2003-Aug-01, 02:16 AM
Maybe she was talking about Celsius. At really really really high altitude. ;)

For that matter it could even be Fahrenheit at a really, really high altitude. Seriously though I remember seeing a sailboat that allowed the hull to rise partly out of the water on small wing shaped fins. The smaller area in the water allowed the boat to travel faster. They had a problem getting above a certain speed though no matter what the wind. When they tested the fins in a water chamber and examined them cloe up they found that at that high speed, the pressure of the water over the top of the wing shaped fin dropped so much that the water was boiling at ocean temp.

frenat
2003-Aug-01, 02:18 AM
"where does the sun go at night?"
behind the moon?
Oh, well, ya see, he/she was a native speaker of this really obscure New York dialect of English, where "at night" is slang for "during a solar eclipse."

Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket.

Or maybe he was thinking of the Asimov story of "Nightfall"