PDA

View Full Version : Radioactive NEOs?

NEOWatcher
2007-Sep-17, 04:35 PM
No, not me... I'm asking about asteroids and comets.

I was watching one of those Woo shows on the History Channel this weekend, and they were speaking about the Tunguska event.

They mentioned that some area was radioactive, and that proves it was an alien spacecraft because meteors are not radioactive.

Is that statement total bunk? I would think so, but can't say for sure.

Anyway... even if they aren't, how do they know the radioactivity is even related to the event? Sheesh.

This was in the same block of shows as the one that says the Mariana Trench is directly across the globe from the bermuda triangle. I call it the train wreck marathon.

Kullat Nunu
2007-Sep-17, 04:41 PM
They mentioned that some area was radioactive, and that proves it was an alien spacecraft because meteors are not radioactive.

Is that statement total bunk?

Yeah.

Well, sure they have some radioactive elements. After all, they're made up of the same material as our planet. But they're not more radioactive than the Earth.

2007-Sep-17, 04:44 PM

James Oberg: Tunguska Echoes (http://www.jamesoberg.com/ufo/tungus.html)

Soviet scientist Aleksey Zolotov makes the world news wires about once a year with a new version of his claim to have discovered radioactivity at the impact site. [...] These reports of radioactivity at the Tunguska site still persist, but they seem to be groundless. Only Zolotov can find them. Other expeditions, initially as dedicated as Zolotov to the spaceship theory, concluded in disappointment that there was no abnormal radiation beyond traces of fallout from secret Soviet H-bomb tests.

NEOWatcher
2007-Sep-17, 04:50 PM
James Oberg: Tunguska Echoes (http://www.jamesoberg.com/ufo/tungus.html)

So, not only can they not relate the radioactivity to the event, they can't even find the radioactivity... Typical...

chugachugachuga WOO, WOO, chugachu*&$@# (train wreck)

Fazor
2007-Sep-17, 05:01 PM
So, not only can they not relate the radioactivity to the event, they can't even find the radioactivity... Typical...

chugachugachuga WOO, WOO, chugachu*&$@# (train wreck)

:) Jumping the gun a bit, aren't ya NEO? Haven't you learned from television and cinema that any potential civilization-altering event can only be detected and explained by a single, generally unqualified, individual? It is then this individuals epic duty to somehow get the rest of the world to see the truth. It's almost like you got your education from teacher at some sort of educational establishment, rather than from the more acceptable means of moving pictures.

NEOWatcher
2007-Sep-17, 05:01 PM
Yeah.
Well, sure they have some radioactive elements. After all, they're made up of the same material as our planet. But they're not more radioactive than the Earth.
Well; that's a nice simple way of explaining it...

2007-Sep-17, 05:13 PM
Well, that might have been a rather dated observation from Oberg's 1982 book.

But, I'd be really surprised if anything's changed in 25 years.

There's this more recent from Time magazine, 2004: Strange Doings on Tunguska (http://http://www.time.com/time/columnist/jaroff/article/0,9565,688585,00.html)

Oberg predicted that the Tunguska spacecraft story, in various forms, would endure and that gullible members of the press would continue to be hoodwinked by Russian UFOlogists. More than two decades later, his prediction stands unchallenged.

NEOWatcher
2007-Sep-17, 05:36 PM
It's almost like you got your education from teacher at some sort of educational establishment...
No; I was told to listen to the man in front of the crowd like most people do.
I could never understand why there was a chalkboard and no organ music.:think:

KaiYeves
2007-Sep-18, 12:49 AM
I was watching one of those Woo shows on the History Channel this weekend, and they were speaking about the Tunguska event.
This was in the same block of shows as the one that says the Mariana Trench is directly across the globe from the bermuda triangle. I call it the train wreck marathon.

Radioactive NEOs. That might be the scariest combination of two words I've ever heard. Well, that or "land octopus". Sounds like a train wreck marathon to me.
The other day, my younger brother watched one of their shows about Area 51. I asked him why he'd watched it. He said that he'd wanted to find out "what the crazy people think." Then I asked him what conclusions he'd drawn from it. He said "It's a bunch of fooey!"
If I fail in everything else, at least I raised him right.

mugaliens
2007-Sep-18, 05:33 PM
No; I was told to listen to the man in front of the crowd like most people do.
I could never understand why there was a chalkboard and no organ music.:think:

It's because the organist was dragging his fingernails across the chalkboard in sheer horror...

WWWEEEHHHEEHEHCHCHHC....

Don't know about you, but it sent a chill down my spine. Pass the popcorn, please...

KaiYeves
2007-Sep-19, 12:23 AM
If you're wondering why a land octopus is scary, it's because it can come get me in my own turf. Octopi scare me. <makes hex signs>