PDA

View Full Version : Other show series?

tonyman1989
2007-Sep-18, 04:25 AM
Will astronomy cast be doing any other series of epsiodes like the planets one?

Fraser
2007-Sep-18, 07:22 PM
I don't know. Any suggestions? We've got a list of about 60 show ideas, so we've got years of material still to get through: inflation, Higgs boson, the Pioneer anomaly, how amateurs contribute to astronomy, SETI, and many more.

tonyman1989
2007-Sep-19, 03:19 PM
We've got a list of about 60 show ideas, so we've got years of material still to get through: inflation, Higgs boson, the Pioneer anomaly, how amateurs contribute to astronomy, SETI, and many more.

Whoa you guys think ahead.

Any suggestions?

Maybe a show about the Kardashev scale? you could do a show about 2 classes at a time?

you cold do a show about the Messier cataloggue, Maybe just a few of them?

man on the moon
2007-Dec-17, 11:45 AM
Wow, I've been enjoying the archive. Been hiking through backwards and it is quite interesting :).

Now to answer the question, I know it's been since September, but hey. What's two cents if I don't throw it in the fountain?

Not sure if it would be an on again/off again series, or a single episode, but how about walking through the major points of the space program? I learned in school about walking on the Moon, and the space shuttle, and that was about it. I've learned more since, but I'm willing to bet that unless people are curious and look into it, people won't know much about it.

What would be involved with going through, say, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, the shuttle development, it's hopes and failures. The story about space stations "culminating" in the ISS (yay?) and hopes for the future. Also, could you include the various probes that have gone out, a brief overview of Voyagers, Pioneers, the various ones going to specific planets? And maybe touch on the future of privatized and nationalized programs like X cup and Orion?

That actually could be quite a lot, but might be very interesting. Whatever, just an idea. Take it or leave it, sounds like you have a lot of territory already on the table. Maybe even this!

Steve Limpus
2007-Dec-17, 07:27 PM
...how about walking through the major points of the space program?

Second!