PDA

View Full Version : worst hoaxer/conspiracy person

Humphrey
2003-Jul-17, 08:37 AM
1. Who is the worst hoaxer/conspiracy person in your mind?

2. Who was the most anoying troll here?

----------------------

1. I picked Nancy. Because i feel that she has most likely negatively affected peoples health, pets, and monetary funds. The rest just warp peoples minds.

2. That Nazi guy.

kucharek
2003-Jul-17, 08:50 AM
1)
To me, it's some German guy, named Gernot Geise (http://www.glgeise.de/). Completely nut, but at least he sometimes corresponds to maintainers of hoax fora in Germany like this (http://forum.myphorum.de/list.php?f=6903) or that (http://forum.myphorum.de/list.php?f=7537) (you may recognize the name of a frequent poster there... ;-) ). He took already part in a German documentary about the hoax - the movie also featured the BA and Jim Oberg on the debunkers side. Geise features wild theories not only about spaceflight, but also about many other subjects. His claims of the hoax are the usual bunch, nothing original. And he often gets the simplest facts wrong or mixes them up. Oh yeah, he has one original claim. He says, when he watched the live transmission of Apollo 11 in '69, he heard not Armstrong's famous words. To him proof, that they were put in later. In reality, the guy in the studio managed to talk over the first half. Funnily, the moderator said something like: "Now it's only one more small step for Armstrong".

2) Can't remember anyone special

man on the moon
2003-Jul-17, 08:57 AM
i voted for Bart. while Nancy suggested some pretty crummy activities, 99% of the population realizes she is a wacko and won't do anything about it. Bart on the other hand at least makes the effort to sound reasonable and educated about what he is talking about. i see that as much more dangerous because people will listen to him until they have a good reason not too. unfortunately, that good reason is a bit tougher to convey because someone has to take time to actually teach about it and tell why it's silly. that can take a good while, while for Nancy all one has to do is say:

you: "look, do you see anything"
person: "no"
you:"that's because it isn't there!"
you again:"besides, since when do aliens..."
person:"of course...what a loon!"

for an explanation of Bart you have to go to the BA's or Jay's site that they took time to make and explain it all to them. i won't even get started since, as Macgyver says, we all know how this thing works.

nuf said.

Pinemarten
2003-Jul-17, 10:22 PM
I can't vote because I am not specifically on the list. 'Other' isn't good enough for my ego.

BigJim
2003-Jul-18, 09:04 PM
Nasascam, unquestionably. I have always thought of Nasascam as being run by one person, who has serious issues. It seems to me like there is only one author.

ToSeek
2003-Jul-18, 09:42 PM
You whippersnappers are too young to remember He Who Shall Not Be Named....

BigJim
2003-Jul-18, 09:47 PM
Cosmic Dave?

Kaptain K
2003-Jul-18, 10:36 PM
Nope! Long before Cosmic Dave. See here.

http://www.geocities.com/piperanonymous/main.html

BigJim
2003-Jul-18, 11:11 PM
Who was Piper?

ToSeek
2003-Jul-19, 12:44 AM
Who was Piper?

Take a look at this image (http://images.jsc.nasa.gov/iams/images/pao/AS16/10075852.jpg). Do you see the igloo-like rock to the right of the astronaut's (John Young's) faceplate with the rover parked in front of it? Piper insisted that this was an obvious dwelling place complete with antenna (dish TV? - this was never explained) despite all evidence to convince him otherwise. He would also magnify various lunar jpeg images hugely and claim to find evidence of cities and such in the jpeg artifacts.

BigJim
2003-Jul-19, 12:46 AM
Do you see the igloo-like rock to the right of the astronaut's (John Young's) with the rover parked in front of it. Piper insisted that this was an obvious dwelling place complete with antenna

He's worse than Cosmic Dave.

He would also magnify various lunar jpeg images hugely and claim to find evidence of cities and such in the jpeg artifacts.

Is he the one who claimed to see aliens in the lunar photos by looking at JPEGs on his computer screen with a magnifying glass? I've had myself a few laughs over that notion.

ToSeek
2003-Jul-19, 12:47 AM
[quote]Is he the one who claimed to see aliens in the lunar photos by looking at JPEGs on his computer screen with a magnifying glass? I've had myself a few laughs over that notion.

That's him.

Musashi
2003-Jul-19, 12:48 AM
Well, if there is no life on the moon, then why is Young walking around with a pooper scooper? :D

BigJim
2003-Jul-19, 12:48 AM
I see. So there do exist those who are on the level of Cosmic Dave and Nasascam besides the aforementioned individuals themselves...... (cue strange, high-pitched laugh)

snowcelt
2003-Jul-19, 01:30 PM
I said other. Is god a person?

Prince/Prinze, or as JS said the Prince of Lies.

TriangleMan
2003-Jul-21, 10:54 AM
1) Nostradamus, his garbage is still affecting people 500 years later.

2) I refuse to answer this question as no good can come from it. Insulting others who are/have frequented this board is not kind.

Pluto is a planet
2003-Jul-22, 02:52 AM
Edgar Casey. The Sleeping Profit :roll:

BigGig
2003-Jul-22, 04:21 AM
I picked the Nasascam fellow, he is quite devious and even tries to knock other scammers to make it look like he has more knowledge than them.

Gig

CorugatedBoxMan
2003-Jul-22, 06:46 AM
I was going to make this a new topic but it kind of fits in here. I came upon this and I felt stupider for having clicked on the link. People actually believe that. . .crap?(sory BA, I hope that word is ok). It is a site about conspiracies and what not. Specifically, mind control. Need I say more?

http://www.raven1.net/

ANd also.

1. Most likely I would say Nancy. But then again, I would have to agree that Edgar Casey ranks up there with those others.

Pinemarten
2003-Jul-22, 11:41 PM
[quote]Is he the one who claimed to see aliens in the lunar photos by looking at JPEGs on his computer screen with a magnifying glass? I've had myself a few laughs over that notion.

I thing the magnifying glass thing works; doesn't it?

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-21, 08:38 AM
Who is the Dark Lord Kaysing? He sounds like a fraud whoever he is.

paulie jay
2005-Oct-21, 12:18 PM
Wow, jkmccrann, where'd you dig this old thread up from?!?

Fram
2005-Oct-21, 12:41 PM
He or she has been digging up very old threads all over the board...

gethen
2005-Oct-21, 01:56 PM
Well, if there is no life on the moon, then why is Young walking around with a pooper scooper? :D

Hey, I've always thought that picture looked like the director's dog got on the set and did a no-no.

I voted for Sibrel, because he took one of this nation's finest moments and tried to ruin it and defame some real American heroes in the process. Nancy is just crazy.

And my favorite troll will always be Why-is-Israel-on-the-top Rose. Or at least she was the most amusing.

Moose
2005-Oct-21, 03:32 PM
And my favorite troll will always be Why-is-Israel-on-the-top Rose. Or at least she was the most amusing.

Yeah, Rose'll always have a special place in my heart for having falsely reported me to the BA for allegedly threatening her. :) Good times.

I think Sibrel's my favorite woo-peddler after he released that video of Aldrin's generous attempt to introduce him to the thrills of orbital reentry (via a stiff uppercut), and especially the Daily Show's vivid interpretation of that event.

sts60
2005-Oct-21, 05:03 PM
Well, he isn't anyone anymore, in a manner of speaking. He's dead (died earlier this year).

He was in charge of the technical writers at Rocketdyne way back before Apollo got really cranked up. He published a lot of foolishness about Apollo being hoaxed, including some spectacularly idiotic and pernicious drivel (e.g., Challenger was blown up to prevent Christa MacAuliffe from talking about stars in space).

He considerably overstated (OK, he lied about) his qualifications and involvement in Apollo.

jrkeller
2005-Oct-22, 02:24 AM
I always found Der Voron to be the worst. Jay Windley's expose on his behavior, like writting fake reviews of his book, was classic. What I personally found repulsive was his attitude of "I've got a 140 IQ so I'm smarter than you, so I know what I'm talking about" He pretty much left when I told him I had a 145 IQ and since I'm smarter than him, he is wrong about the moon hoax.

Candy
2005-Oct-22, 03:05 AM
2003 - good year, jkmccrann. What is it with you and his year?:think:

Gullible Jones
2005-Oct-22, 03:29 AM
Of the people in the poll: the most far-out is Ms. Leider. Probably a case of mental illness, but still dangerous.

Worst, period: that Aussie Bloke guy. You can't get much worse than that.

Worst troll: Asian-American (yes, that was his username). Not so much a raving lunatic as a guy with some very, very, very bad ideas and not nearly enough knowledge of history.

Edit: D'oh, didn't realize this thread was so old.

jrkeller
2005-Oct-22, 03:37 AM
Worst Troll:

Plautus on the Yahoo apollo hoax group.

Another hoaxer who I've found to be very obnoxious and very foul mouthed, is Scott Grissom, Gus Grissom's son. He believes that NASA killed his father.

Candy
2005-Oct-22, 03:47 AM
Edit: D'oh, didn't realize this thread was so old.
Hey GJ. For what's it worth, I missed you. I really did. C