PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans on the move

RickJ
2007-Sep-26, 11:09 PM
Up here in northern Minnesota they are on the move so now's the time to get a shot of one. But at a bit over 3600mm focal length I can't get the whole beak let alone bird. So here's the neck region. Note that where the nebula as thin you see a lot more background stars than where it is dense. Star counts may give a pretty accurate indication of nebula density.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=6x5', RGB=3x5', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME Image reduced to half size for band width.

Rick

paul f. campbell
2007-Sep-26, 11:25 PM
Hi Rick.
Super photo, wow great work keep posting. Clear skies to you Paul

andyschlei
2007-Sep-27, 01:10 AM
Rick that's very nice.

Is it really that red?

RickJ
2007-Sep-27, 05:48 AM
Rick that's very nice.

Is it really that red?

Iwas rather suprised by how red it came out. The blue and green data was very weak and hardly made a contribution. The stars looked about the same. Otherwise I'd have said clouds moved in and screwed up my color data. I should try again and see if conditions went bad and I didn't catch it. I work from inside and never did look at the sky. In fact this one ran after I went to bed. There's a few stars in the field I expected to be very blue yet weren't. I can't explain it.

Rick

mahesh
2007-Sep-27, 09:16 AM
Rick

what a fantastic capture!

thanks for sharing

JAICOA
2007-Sep-27, 07:40 PM
Simply Beautiful Rick!. Very nice and rich in color very nice tone of color. i had the same problem with my Bubble the Ha field was more intense and drown out the rest of the colors. Looking forward to see the rest of the Pelican. Clear Skies

winensky
2007-Sep-27, 09:28 PM
Cracking shot.lovely clarity and colour in reasonable exposure times! Did you use Ha?

RickJ
2007-Sep-29, 08:23 PM
Rick that's very nice.

Is it really that red?

Your comment nagged me so I went back and reprocessed it from the very beginning. You were right. I had a problem and have reposted it correctly processed. The cat did it!

Rick