PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Gathering

ShevillWMathers
2007-Oct-07, 09:16 AM
Hi,

Managed this nice grouping just before sunrise 07-10-07, Moon, Jupiter & Regulus, Saturn was below my tree line.

Canon 350D with 70-200 F/2.8L Ultrasonic zoom lens. 2 seconds ISO 200.

Clear skies...
Shevill

paul f. campbell
2007-Oct-07, 06:47 PM
Hi Shevill.
Nice photo. I set my equipment up early yesterday to take what you captured, but when it became show time the clouds moved in an I did not get one image. I spent all night playing untill dawn. I cant remember when I stayed up all night to observe and record.

All in all it was a fine night, the stars for the last two nights have really been putting on a wonderful show. It has been so very clear here you got to love that. Clear skies to you take care Paul

ShevillWMathers
2007-Oct-07, 07:11 PM
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your kind comments, a shame that the clouds spoilt your attempt. We have just moved into daylight saving for the next 6 months - and I had to think what time to set my alarm for!!

It is now 6 am, I have been up since before 5 am, ready to shoot just Venus with the Moon on the opposite side and very low down. Some thin haze and light scattered clouds spoilt the deep indigo colour.

I will post the image/s later when downloaded etc.

Clear skies & good wishes to you also.

Shevill

JAICOA
2007-Oct-08, 12:14 AM
Very Nice Photo grabing all three!.

winensky
2007-Oct-08, 12:17 PM
Beautifully done, It was a beautiful show but alas my photos were dismal. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards
Matt