PDA

View Full Version : M31 & M32 -with Modified Canon 20D DSLR

Galactic2000
2007-Oct-11, 02:26 AM
Hi ALL,

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a Modified Canon 20D with a Baader Filter installed, my first test shot was last night.

After returning from Dark Texas Skies(business trip) on Monday,
I just got another serious reality check, at just how badly Light polluted my midwest skies are.

This test shot with the Baader filter shows some promise, even with my Light pollution issues at my observatory in Yellow Springs, Ohio, I guess it is still possible to get decent images from here after all.

Here is a simple 30 minute exposure Total (6 @ 5 minute subs) through my little 5.5" Vixen Newt scope, Canon 20D, (Modified Baader) at ISO 800, no darks or flats applied, frames captured automatically with Craig Starks - DSLR Shutter program, Haps dslr Cable, and Autoguided with Starks PHD guiding software and QHY5, Q-guider.

The 20D is definitely more red sensitive with the baader filter.....can't wait for more clear nights to try it out on some nebulae!

JAICOA
2007-Oct-11, 04:21 AM
Great first light results from your new equipment, It came out really good John. Clear Skies

paul f. campbell
2007-Oct-11, 10:31 AM
Hi john.
Nice job. Clear skies to you. Paul

Whirlpool
2007-Oct-11, 10:52 AM
Hello John.

Sure thing Canon 20D did it!

It's so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing .

;)

galacticphoto
2007-Oct-11, 02:09 PM
Looks like your new setup works well. Good first image. Flats will help to alleviate the minor gradients that you may see in that direction. Looks like the DSLR will do the job for you.

Robert

winensky
2007-Oct-11, 02:36 PM
Great work. you must be very quietly pleased with your choice.

Kind regards
Matt

tvdavis
2007-Oct-12, 02:09 AM
Looks like a great start to me!

Tom

Galactic2000
2007-Oct-13, 01:00 AM
Thanks all for the encouragement.....I will try out some fainter nebulae next to really put it through the test.