PDA

View Full Version : BBC is ahead of all chanels

suntrack2
2007-Oct-12, 04:33 PM
My general observation about the network of bbc, both radio and tv is just flying with seven colours in the "media wave", in the last twenty years I found bbc is the most trusted radio chanel in all other chanels, there was only a little difference in the voice of America radio chanel. Giving very first news is bbc's speciality as far as world news are concern. Their network of correspondents is very wise. In India Mr. Mark Tully(or Talley, whatever the pronounciation) are famous bbc correspondent. I am hearing their news since last 25 years. There was a great craze in hearing the bbc radio news in India, though most of the news were beyond seven seas. During the gulf war too, the bbc chanel gave a live "war news", besides this when the black and white tv came in my home the cnn chanel was on the top in the vidual news of the gulf war.

Today we are looking on our television hundreds of channels are just bursting audio and video bombing on our ears, we are enjoying with a full intensity of the news daily.

But in chanels I found bbc is the best broadcasting corporation.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-12, 04:36 PM
I watch and listen to BBC news to get a different viewpoint than the domestic stations.

suntrack2
2007-Oct-12, 05:18 PM
yaa, well you too are looking bbc fan. Sometime domestic stations may give news in late, but bbc gives the news update very first, why this is so ?

Disinfo Agent
2007-Oct-16, 07:20 AM
I watch the BBC for a different bias.

Sticks
2007-Oct-16, 07:55 AM
The BBC News home page (http://news.bbc.co.uk/)

NEOWatcher
2007-Oct-16, 01:26 PM
Sometime domestic stations may give news in late, but bbc gives the news update very first, why this is so ?
Because they are so big. They have lots of reporters in lots of areas, or have the resources to get there fast.
The domestic (and local) stations need to rely on their affiliates to first coordinate the story for the station to be able to pick up and broadcast.

CNN is the same way here. I'm sure India has a bigger connection to BBC than to CNN or others too.

Argos
2007-Oct-16, 01:37 PM
I find BBC more trustworthy than CNN.

I also used to listen to BBC in shortwaves when I was younger, living under a dictatorship. It was my window to the world.

NEOWatcher
2007-Oct-16, 02:28 PM
I find BBC more trustworthy than CNN.
Well; I'll take your word on it, only because I don't go to BBC on a regular basis to see how the generally report.
But; I have seen BBC do their share of woo, opinions, and exaggerations.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-16, 02:35 PM
I feel that the BBC is more dignified. Maybe it doesn't matter as far as the content is concerned but I sure appreciate it.

Argos
2007-Oct-16, 02:40 PM
I have seen BBC do their share of woo, opinions, and exaggerations.

Well, yeah, nobody´s safe.

Regarding BBC, I like the circumspect, discreet, air of the presenters/anchors. CNN folks are too happy to my like [the same for Brazilian news shows]. I don´t like smiling anchors, for some reason.

Disinfo Agent
2007-Oct-16, 05:04 PM
Well; I'll take your word on it, only because I don't go to BBC on a regular basis to see how the generally report.
But; I have seen BBC do their share of woo, opinions, and exaggerations.The BBC is certainly preferable to CNN most of the time, but when people suggest that it's like the best news medium in the world I have to laugh. :rolleyes:

KaiYeves
2007-Oct-16, 09:12 PM
Their Walking With Dinosaurs programs and the like were very nice. I have found their website pages about antarctic exploration to be very helpful, also.

Disinfo Agent
2007-Oct-16, 09:38 PM
Oh yes, their documentaries and science programmes are excellently done. But I was thinking about the news.

Damburger
2007-Oct-18, 11:15 PM
The BBC is fantastic, despite the attempts by the government here to discredit and destroy it in favour of the dreaded Murdoch media.

The 'scandals' about factual accuracy were blown way out of proportion, with the BBC being held to a ridiculous standard of fact checking, that the government fall much further short of when decided on whether to participate in certain wars...

suntrack2
2007-Oct-19, 01:33 PM
The BBC is fantastic, despite the attempts by the government here to discredit and destroy it in favour of the dreaded Murdoch media.

The 'scandals' about factual accuracy were blown way out of proportion, with the BBC being held to a ridiculous standard of fact checking, that the government fall much further short of when decided on whether to participate in certain wars...

even their audio quality is also fantastic from a huge distance, even in a very remote village their frequency can be adjust on the radio and it receives unimaginable audio quality, even before the new generation sattelites was to came in the sky.

Sticks
2007-Oct-19, 02:27 PM
The plans are now to make savage cuts to save money with a few thousand redundancies

NEOWatcher
2007-Oct-19, 02:29 PM
The plans are now to make savage cuts to save money with a few thousand redundancies
Like getting rid of one of the "B"s? That would put them in early history.

KaiYeves
2007-Oct-19, 09:52 PM
Like getting rid of one of the "B"s? That would put them in early history.
Whatever happens, don't take away my almost-real digital dinos!