PDA

View Full Version : One monk said to me.....

suntrack2
2007-Oct-19, 01:16 PM
Actually he was not a monk, but people normally says to him "monk"(since his appearance of costume bared face), this monk was came to my house on last sunday just to get some donation, during that he said that if someone want to stress down then "do clapping for atleast 15 minutes in the morning and in the evening", I asked me Mr. Monk ! are you accupressure therpist, he said no, he did a practice over it and drawn a conclusion, when I asked him that how fast can I clap for 15minutes, he said that as much as fastly and in big volume you can clap, and not just keeping your palms lightly.

You too can practice it and convey me the results. :)

impact of clapping: 1. feals energitic, 2. calming down the stress, 3. palm crampling problem may solve in long term, etc. as he said. because in just 7 days I am unable to tell the experience.

Sunil

Ronald Brak
2007-Oct-19, 01:35 PM
Doing something repetitive can have a calming effect on people and the exercise can be good too. Just concentrating on relaxing for fifteen minutes can have beneficial effects. And concentrating on being tense for fifteen minutes can also be beneficial. I imagine all these different activities help because that's 15 minutes extra in the day when you're not actually doing something harmful.

crosscountry
2007-Oct-19, 02:07 PM
interesting. I'd rather sleep another 15 minutes per day, but this is something.

it's odd he lists as #3 a palm cramping problem. I've never had that problem, so I can only guess as to if it work. Anyone know about meditation? I'd be interested in trying some form.

HIstori
2007-Oct-19, 04:16 PM
apart from sleep (and outdoor activities)
meditation is surely the best you can do for the sanity of your soul
if one could sell and market it, we would soon have an industry to dwarf...say the entertainment segment

well, their is a little industry
funnilly even those who wish to own themselves
are eager to place themselves into the tutelage of others
would any sane man look for advice how to rightly dream?
and breathing/sitting/quieting down/"steadying the flow"/comeing into contact with oneself/"awakening to mindfullness" is rather a natural function of the boddy-mind either
so basically NOTHING to sell here!
the absolutelly ONLY ONE hindrance on the "meditation path" is inertia/distractedness (say through eXposure to the greedy entertainment industry:))/stress/... which might prevent YOU from making an (very personal!!!) EFFORTin the first place

Fazor
2007-Oct-19, 04:22 PM
I play guitar to relax. The strumming and fingering is fairly repetative, more physical than I'd ever imagined, plus you have the calming music aspect.

That doesn't count playing to learn, where you're concentrating hard and doing a lot of work, but if I need a good de-stresser, I'll play something I already know and am good at. Something I can sing to is a plus aswell.

suntrack2
2007-Oct-20, 10:34 AM
interesting. I'd rather sleep another 15 minutes per day, but this is something.

it's odd he lists as #3 a palm cramping problem. I've never had that problem, so I can only guess as to if it work. Anyone know about meditation? I'd be interested in trying some form.

well, I can give you a lecture sorry (some hints) that how to do and why to do the meditation, and for that you just send me PM then I will tell you that which is the correct way of meditation.

:)

Argos
2007-Oct-20, 11:49 AM
I believe that. It is a form of physical exercize, and exercizes are guaranteed to make you relax. Concentrating on the activity can also do away with persistent thoughts, common in depressive people.

Now, itīs going to take some time for the swelling to subside. :)

novaderrik
2007-Oct-20, 03:52 PM
i work on cars to eliminate stress- or just go for a drive and crank up some Sepultura or Slayer or something..
or i just watch either my Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Metalocalypse dvd's..

crosscountry
2007-Oct-20, 05:37 PM
well, I can give you a lecture sorry (some hints) that how to do and why to do the meditation, and for that you just send me PM then I will tell you that which is the correct way of meditation.

:)

I used to ride a motorcycle to relieve stress. It was a great way to get away and really enjoy myself.

Lately I'm not stressed at all, but it's always good to be ready. Oh, and correct way of meditation? Odd phrasing, since I believe there are many ways.

PM sent.

suntrack2
2007-Oct-23, 05:37 PM
I used to ride a motorcycle to relieve stress. It was a great way to get away and really enjoy myself.

Lately I'm not stressed at all, but it's always good to be ready. Oh, and correct way of meditation? Odd phrasing, since I believe there are many ways.

PM sent.

your PM folders are not allowing my messege since the mail box is full and there is no space to enter. :) when I tried to sent you a PM.

crosscountry
2007-Oct-23, 06:43 PM
I got that fixed.