PDA

View Full Version : Beer run in India goes horribly wrong

Doodler
2007-Oct-23, 01:21 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21432722/

In a related story, zoologists made their first major leap in understanding elephant language with a recorded translation of "Hey guys, watch this!"

Fazor
2007-Oct-23, 01:29 PM
For those who don't want to follow the link:

GAUHATI, India - Six Asiatic wild elephants were electrocuted as they went berserk after drinking rice beer in India's remote northeast, a wildlife official said Tuesday.

And perhaps the weirdest/funniest part:

They got drunk, uprooted a utility pole carrying power lines and were electrocuted in Chandan Nukat
<snip>
The elephants are known to have a taste for rice beer brewed by tribal communities in India's northeast. Four wild elephants died in similar circumstances in the region three years ago.

A similar situation to that? Maybe it's time someone founded a pachyderm's anonymous.

Celestial Mechanic
2007-Oct-23, 02:23 PM
AA for pachyderms? Why not? I can see it now...

Dumbo: "I'm Dumbo."

Others: "Hi, Dumbo!"

Dumbo: "I'm Dumbo and I'm an alcoholic."

;)

Moose
2007-Oct-23, 02:26 PM
Sounds like someone needs to form MADE. (That is: Maharajahs Against Drunk Elephants)

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Oct-23, 09:30 PM
Where does a drunk elephant passout?
Any where it wants to.
Well a drunk elephant is better then a high elephant, could you just imagine that case of the munchies.

Doodler
2007-Oct-23, 11:50 PM
Trippin' elephant, waving its trunk around checking out the color trails...

Maksutov
2007-Oct-24, 12:23 AM
Another reason why it's a good thing elephants don't fly.

mfumbesi
2007-Oct-24, 07:29 AM
Talk about a Jumbo sized hang-over.

Michael Noonan
2007-Oct-24, 10:44 AM
Talk about a Jumbo sized hang-over.

I found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmQPwgV-WbQ) clip. OK wrong country wrong elephant but all natural.
I think the hangover comes later :)

suntrack2
2007-Oct-24, 11:35 AM
Another reason why it's a good thing elephants don't fly.

Aha, ha, :) then the elephant will need a special space shuttle for a take-off ! And the elephant will take a lot of joy in the space in the weightlessness, the elephant will loss the minimum energy every day thereon. The elephant will laugh loudly there. And when the elephant will come back on earth he will take a conference and will tell his experience in the space with his friends and colleagues, and to the media. Since the larger brain size, elephant will act nicely in the space. And can function very well on different aspects. Even for space walk elephant can also walk in his famous style of walking just like a ship in the sea, elephant can take his walk on the top roof of the space station, he will think that he is still in the circus ground.

And for this I have made one picture see in the attachment below.

Sunil