PDA

View Full Version : M76 The Little Dumbbell Nebula

JAICOA
2007-Oct-23, 07:54 PM
Hi Everyone here's a first light for me on this small nebula. with good calibration and eliminating some flexure the results for me was very satisfying. Hope you like it and Clear Skies

Galactic2000
2007-Oct-24, 12:22 AM
nice clean smooth image! good job!

RickJ
2007-Oct-24, 01:15 AM
Another one I did last year and didn't like the result. Mine came out with blue green in the "column" rather than the redish tone. Looking around the net I see about every color imaginable. Mine was processed too harshly. I need to try again. Yours is a lot more natural looking than mine was. I was pretty ham handed in processing back then. Still am but I'm getting better.

Rick

JAICOA
2007-Oct-24, 01:43 AM
Thanks John, Hi Rick your right on the different color versions around i just processed it as usual without altering the colors (false colors)blue,green etc. Rick give it a try looking forward to see your version. Thanks again and Clear Skies

winensky
2007-Oct-24, 11:57 AM
Very pretty. lovely translucence. I love the way you keep the original colours. Not a critcisim, ( I am in no position) but the background stars all seem to be towards the blue end of the spectrum. Is this a region of young stars or is it part of the processing?

Kind regards
Matt

JAICOA
2007-Oct-24, 01:24 PM
Hi Matt, I think is part of the processing. on the green chanel was more intense then the rest and had to subdue it slightly and it sit pretty low for me being in the carribean it could be skyglow or my monitor? will verify. Thanks for your kind words my friend and thanks for your observation.

stargazer_7000
2007-Oct-27, 12:51 PM
hi Efrain,

glad you managed to the flexure issue!
this l.dumbell is very nice!
I have this nebula on my list...need some clear skies and more importantly ... t i m e for imaging agin...
I have been off the loop quite a while...

JAICOA
2007-Oct-27, 10:33 PM
Hi Diets, and thanks. Looking forward to see your session on this small planetary. glad to see your back my friend. Clear Skies