PDA

View Full Version : Found a nice compliment

beskeptical
2003-Jul-25, 09:10 AM
....at the bottom of the cited page, from a thread on planet X, so rotation is slowing... (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/moon_mechanics_0303018.html)?!

A note about this article: The complex dynamics of tides are frequently explained incorrectly. This article owes to several conversations with astronomers over the years and many scientific papers and books. In particular, one book proved invaluable: "Bad Astronomy" (Wiley & Sons, 2002). Its author, Philip Plait, delves more accurately into the science of this, while explaining it in a sensible and simple manner, than any other writer I'm aware of. -- RRB

=D>

kucharek
2003-Jul-25, 09:15 AM
=D>

Who's the heck is Philip? :P

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Jul-25, 07:58 PM
Don't think too much of that quotation. Rob Roy Britt (the author) is a friend of mine. :-)

girlgeek
2003-Jul-25, 08:00 PM
BA,

Doesn't mean it doesn't apply!

girlgeek

R.A.F.
2003-Jul-30, 05:36 PM
I was going to add that Phil explains Astronomy principles better than any writer since Asimov...but then realised that if Phil's head got too big...well...he'd be unable to wear his hat! :D

SeanF
2003-Jul-30, 06:06 PM
Don't think too much of that quotation. Rob Roy Britt (the author) is a friend of mine. :-)

Does this mean your friends call you Philip? :)

Tito_Muerte
2003-Aug-01, 07:39 AM
oohh...I wish my friends would call me philip..... :cry:

Jetmech0417
2003-Sep-14, 10:00 AM
If my friends started calling me Philip, I would seriously consider sending them to the mental health ward.....considering my name isn't Philip. :lol:

gethen
2003-Sep-16, 12:41 AM
I was going to add that Phil explains Astronomy principles better than any writer since Asimov...but then realised that if Phil's head got too big...well...he'd be unable to wear his hat! :D

Especially that nice NASA hat.