PDA

View Full Version : 16 Billion Pixel 'Last Supper'

sarongsong
2007-Oct-29, 08:03 AM
Starting today, 'The Last Supper' will travel on the Internet at 16 billion pixels...
haltadefinizione (http://www.haltadefinizione.com/en/)Go, Leonardo!

hhEb09'1
2007-Oct-29, 08:40 AM
Is it just me, or have they pixelated some of it?

NEOWatcher
2007-Oct-29, 01:07 PM
I don't know if that's a joke or if you are experiencing what I am. (although I do give credit to the joke)
Something about thier display technology...
As you pan, the off screen image momentarily is highly pixelated for a moment.
Also; there seems to be a "jump" to a much lower resolution no matter how carefully you zoom. I tried waiting to see if the display would catch up, but it didn't.

Whirlpool
2007-Oct-29, 02:02 PM
:surprised:

Amazing.........

SeanF
2007-Oct-29, 02:12 PM
I see they put a watermark on it. I knew copyright law was getting ridiculous, but I didn't realize "The Last Supper" was still under... ;)

hhEb09'1
2007-Oct-29, 02:54 PM
(although I do give credit to the joke)Thanks! :) that helps to make up for all the unappreciated ones that I made on purpose :)

I see they put a watermark on it. I knew copyright law was getting ridiculous, but I didn't realize "The Last Supper" was still under... Derivative works can be. I'm not sure what the restrictions are.

I didn't notice the watermark, I just see large ("unimportant") areas of it that are extremely low resolution.

SeanF
2007-Oct-29, 03:23 PM
Derivative works can be. I'm not sure what the restrictions are.
I'm not either. At the very least, there would probably be technological copyright's involved. I wonder if the image itself qualifies simply as a "derivative work," though - given that it's a (relatively) exact copy.

Of course, just because they put a watermark on it doesn't mean they actually have a legal copyright claim to it, anyways. Doesn't even mean they think they do. :)

I didn't notice the watermark, I just see large ("unimportant") areas of it that are extremely low resolution.
The watermark says "H9." At the default resolution, one appears in the blank gray doorway area at Jesus' feet. There are several on-screen at any resolution.

KaiYeves
2007-Oct-30, 12:42 AM
Da wild, da crazy, Da Vinci.

phaishazamkhan
2007-Oct-30, 12:47 AM
Leonardo released The Last Supper under Creative Commons!!! How dare they attempt to copyright it!!!

Maksutov
2007-Oct-30, 04:28 AM
I see they put a watermark on it. I knew copyright law was getting ridiculous, but I didn't realize "The Last Supper" was still under... ;)Of course it's copyrighted. You copy it, you mess with god! Even looking at it without paying a fee means you need to do penance...

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/566/iconwink6tn.gif