PDA

View Full Version : Diet Tech: A New Way To Walk To Work

Paracelsus
2007-Oct-29, 07:34 PM
They mass-marketed Alli (the miracle anal-leakage pill), and people snapped it up. This may be the newest fad in the bid to keep the pounds off: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/16879

So this "walkstation" designed by Dr. James Levine of the Mayo Clinic and Steelcase, the office furniture maker, could be the future if we don't want to be bunch of obese desk dwellers hunched over our keyboards day in, day out....

But Levine designed it for walking slowly because, he says, even just walking 1 mph can increase energy and burn calories. The idea is any kind of movement is better than no movement.

At $6500 a pop, this baby ain't cheap. I'd also have a very hard time getting any work done on that thing, as I get dizzy if I try to read on the treadmill.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-29, 07:41 PM
They mass-marketed Alli (the miracle anal-leakage pill), and people snapped it up.

What in the name of time is that? :confused: Glue?

Neverfly
2007-Oct-29, 07:49 PM

You owe me a Dr Pepper now.

2007-Oct-29, 07:53 PM

Alli doesn't stop leaks. It causes leakage.

Seattle Times: Dieters snap up new drug Alli despite nasty side effects (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003751119_dietdrug17.html)

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-29, 07:57 PM
Alli doesn't stop leaks. It causes leakage.

Seattle Times: Dieters snap up new drug Alli despite nasty side effects (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003751119_dietdrug17.html)

Learn something new every day - even when I don't want to. :surprised

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-29, 07:58 PM
You owe me a Dr Pepper now.

We used to drink that hot in the winter time. Ever hear of that?

Neverfly
2007-Oct-29, 08:04 PM
We used to drink that hot in the winter time. Ever hear of that?

I'm sure the act of shooting it out my nose warmed it a bit.

However, the movie "Blast From The Past" referenced hot Dr pepper.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-29, 09:26 PM
I'm sure the act of shooting it out my nose warmed it a bit.

However, the movie "Blast From The Past" referenced hot Dr pepper.

You must know this place - it's in your home state:

http://www.texasbob.com/travel/tbt_drpepper.html

The Dr. Pepper Museum
Dr Pepper is the national drink of Texas and no trip to Waco is complete without a trip to the Dr Pepper museum. The museum is well thought out and the displays will take you back in Dr Pepper time. It also try's to debunk some Dr Pepper myths. Myth number 1 Dr Pepper contains NO PRUNE JUICE!

Tucson_Tim
2007-Oct-29, 09:29 PM
Hot Dr. Pepper (From TexasBob website):

====================================

Dr Pepper
Thin lemon slices

Pour Dr Pepper into saucepan. Heat to simmering temperature about 180 degrees F or just below boiling point, (The beverage will appear to be boiling long before if is hot due to the carbonation.) Place a thin slice of fresh lemon in bottom of cup and pour steaming hot Dr Pepper over it.

Serve at once. This drink will be hot - sipping hot or should be about 170 degrees F. when ready to drink.

NOTE: A fresh slice of lemon is required to give the proper taste of Hot Dr Pepper

Tinaa
2007-Oct-29, 10:09 PM
You must know this place - it's in your home state:

http://www.texasbob.com/travel/tbt_drpepper.html

I've been to the museum. I lived near Waco. I also visited the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame. The cop type of Ranger not the baseball team.

Hot Dr. Pepper was regularly served at the Texas Panhandle HS football games. I got frostbite from marching at halftime in Vernon. 30 mile an hour winds and 20 degrees F. Hot anything tasted good!

novaderrik
2007-Oct-29, 10:25 PM
I've been to the museum. I lived near Waco. I also visited the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame. The cop type of Ranger not the baseball team.

Hot Dr. Pepper was regularly served at the Texas Panhandle HS football games. I got frostbite from marching at halftime in Vernon. 30 mile an hour winds and 20 degrees F. Hot anything tasted good!

did you get to meet the most famous Texas Ranger- Chuck Norris?

Tinaa
2007-Oct-29, 10:41 PM
No Chuck, but some other quite interesting people.

Noclevername
2007-Oct-30, 01:24 AM
So what's the pill called again? Alleak? Throne-away? Disenterrific?

novaderrik
2007-Oct-30, 02:05 AM
a few years back, you didn't need a pill to make you all leaky- a few diet Pringles that were fried in Olestra really got things moving in a hurry.

Noclevername
2007-Oct-30, 02:10 AM
There was an ad on TV a few years ago for a product called "Hollywood 10-48". It claimed by drinking it you'd lose 10 ponds in 48 hours. (So if you use it, keep a lot of good books in the bathroom, you'll be there all weekend!)

Whirlpool
2007-Oct-30, 04:44 AM
Now I know more of Dr. Pepper.

:think:

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Oct-30, 04:48 AM
There was an ad on TV a few years ago for a product called "Hollywood 10-48". It claimed by drinking it you'd lose 10 ponds in 48 hours. (So if you use it, keep a lot of good books in the bathroom, you'll be there all weekend!)
You would be getting a lot of running in too.