PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this video?

SharkByte
2007-Oct-31, 01:53 AM
I'm thinking debris catching the light as the shuttle rounds the curve of the earth or very high altitude plasma balls or something...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d2c_1182472302

The one thing I'm sure its not is ET filling up at the closest earth station for the trip home... lol

mugaliens
2007-Oct-31, 12:12 PM
The guy narrating it really pulls rabbits out of the hat on this one...

The translucent lights are very close pieces of tiny dust which are very out of focus because the camera used has a very long focal length.

The other lights aren't but very roughly circular. One would think advanced extraterrestrial craft would at least be able to get their circles in order...

I just think it's space debris.

As for the flashes of light, it's lightening (even the narrator got that one right).

The estimated "5 NM of diameter" of the "large glowing ball which comes from the lower atmosphere," it's merely blooming over the camera's CCD.

Just space debris and a very active imagination combined with haunting music.

NEOWatcher
2007-Oct-31, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking debris catching the light as the shuttle rounds the curve of the earth or very high altitude plasma balls or something...
I'm sure this video has been discussed before, and you may want to browse explainations in the "life on space" threads of other pictures and videos. But, to get things started...
Many things are occuring (mostly because of out of focus, depth of view issues).
There is no depth clues making objects near the spacecraft (dust, debris, etc) look like a distant objects (0:18 and many others)
The faint circles are just from a dirty lens or window (1:19). Look for "Orbs" in the discussions.
The "dance of lights" (1:22) around the circle are just ground objects getting a glint from the sun.

To top things off, if I believed in UFO's, the thought of shear numbers shown in this video would put me in a straightjacket.

EvilEye
2007-Oct-31, 02:53 PM
to add to lightning... don't forget sprites.... which shoot up into space.

SharkByte
2007-Oct-31, 06:40 PM
to add to lightning... don't forget sprites.... which shoot up into space.

Thats what I was thinking of with the whole balls of plasma thing... just couldn't remember the term sprites... :lol: