PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Ghost

NEOWatcher
2007-Oct-31, 04:29 PM
First...
Video of what looks like a bug crossing a camera (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8288801752908666463&q=%22SANTA+FE+GHOST%22&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1) in June.
As early as July, the "ghost" has been debunked in July as discussed here (http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/62636-skeptics-track-dragon-con-2007-a.html).

So, are we getting this story (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i4rh0XO0fOAx-cyaWwniksXMMyggD8SK66RO0) now?

After various tests, Radford shelled out $9 for 1,750 ladybugs and put the bugs on the camera casing. "Sure enough, we got the ghost," he said.
Ok; good that he shows it, but for the story to be plastered all over? (yeah, I know, Halloween, but even for Halloween, this one is rather lame)

Radford said it's a rare definitive answer in his line of work investigating haunted houses, crop circles, psychics or Big Foot.
"This case was solved through logic, scientific analysis and methodology," he said.

More like it is rare to have a paranormal investigator admit that it is a normal cause.

mike alexander
2007-Oct-31, 11:56 PM
Sorry, that's no fun.

Besides, showing that you can simulate something by normal means does not rule out the original event being caused by supernatural means.

For instance, what if it was the ghost of a bug crawling on the lens, huh? Huh?

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-01, 12:20 AM
For instance, what if it was the ghost of a bug crawling on the lens, huh? Huh?
Which is a simpler and more likely explanation?
It was just a regular bug.
I thought so.

mike alexander
2007-Nov-01, 12:27 AM
This from a guy on assignment to our planet...

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-01, 01:16 AM
This from a guy on assignment to our planet...
My people have the same principle, but we don't call it Occam's Razor.

Neverfly
2007-Nov-01, 03:30 AM
My people have the same principle, but we don't call it Occam's Razor.

Yeah. Natural fear of the people of razors. At the mention of the word, "razor" they reflexively cover their armpits.

mike alexander
2007-Nov-01, 05:11 AM
Why? So they don't have to hear the screams?

publiusr
2007-Dec-14, 08:51 PM
Hey! What if they were undead ladybugs?

KaiYeves
2007-Dec-14, 11:53 PM
Hey! What if they were undead ladybugs?
Do undead ladybugs crawl in your ear to eat your brains?

suntrack2
2007-Dec-15, 05:24 PM
But are they "ghost" real one !!, I have yet never seen any ghosts, just I have read in novels and on television serials and in movies. I don't believe in ghosts, do you ?

:)

torque of the town
2007-Dec-15, 05:34 PM
Do undead ladybugs crawl in your ear to eat your brains?

Not if you have a clove of garlic up your nostril.

torque of the town
2007-Dec-15, 05:39 PM
But are they "ghost" real one !!, I have yet never seen any ghosts, just I have read in novels and on television serials and in movies. I don't believe in ghosts, do you ?
:)

NO!.........Until it gets dark that is:shifty:

Nadme
2007-Dec-15, 06:43 PM
More like it is rare to have a paranormal investigator admit that it is a normal cause.

Ever watch Ghost Hunters (TAPS; The Atlantic Paranormal Society) on the Sci-Fi Channel? Those guys are always seeking a rational, proveable explanation before they call it "ghost" or "haunting."

KaiYeves
2007-Dec-15, 07:05 PM
Well, there is this picture... ;-) (http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/65368-funny-photoshop.html#post1080123)In all seriousness, I do not think that ghosts exist. If you want to talk to people from history, you need a time machine.

Noclevername
2007-Dec-15, 08:46 PM
Ever watch Ghost Hunters (TAPS; The Atlantic Paranormal Society) on the Sci-Fi Channel? Those guys are always seeking a rational, proveable explanation before they call it "ghost" or "haunting."

And if they don't come up with one right away, "ghost" is their default explanation. :doh:

bujin
2007-Dec-15, 08:53 PM

Speaking from experience, I would agree with this!

Between 2003 and 2005, I was a member of a paranormal investigation group. As a group, we were all pretty sceptical, and would always look for the rational explanation. Consequently, in those two years, we came up with no evidence whatsoever that anything paranormal was occurring. Anywhere. We went to dozens of locations all over the UK and every time, we came back with nothing. Having said that, we were in contact with many other groups around the country, and they all seemed to come up with LOADS of evidence every time!

The thing is, a lot of the stuff we actually DID get ("orb" pictures, motion sensors being set off, etc...) which we found rational explanations for were exactly the sort of things that all the other groups were coming up with, claiming them to be evidence of the paranormal!

So, when the group closed down in 2005, I didn't bother continuing with it myself - it's a load of rubbish! There are no ghosts. It's all pseudoscience **!