View Full Version : Are you a geek?

Laser Jock
2003-Jul-28, 07:20 PM
Check your score here:

http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html

And then put it on the pole.

I got a 25.1% -- Total Geek

Edit:

For some reason I couldn't put more than 5 options on the pole. :-?

dgruss23
2003-Jul-28, 07:34 PM
Well, I had a 20.1% - Geek.

gethen
2003-Jul-28, 07:40 PM
OWWW!! 26.7!!! Total geek! And I really thought I was giving pretty mainstream answers. Except for the books and movies part. And a few other little things. Ouch.

johnb
2003-Jul-28, 07:49 PM
I only got geekish tendencies. Actually quite disappointed :(

Zeta04
2003-Jul-28, 08:14 PM
19.72387% - Geek
:( and that was with exaggeration, I guess it didn't help that I know little about computers

ToSeek
2003-Jul-28, 08:24 PM
40.63% - Major geek. Being a software engineer probably helps. A lot.

Humphrey
2003-Jul-28, 08:35 PM
25.44379% - Total Geek

but the games and movies got me. I love those alot.

Musashi
2003-Jul-28, 08:39 PM
33.92505% - Total Geek. Less geeky than I thought I was!

pmcolt
2003-Jul-28, 08:40 PM
38.06706% - Major Geek. Nice to know how geeky I am to a hundred thousandth of a percentage point, I suppose.

Glom
2003-Jul-28, 08:56 PM
16% for me.

girlgeek
2003-Jul-28, 09:10 PM
:o :o 40.49 % Major Geek :o

I'm not sure if that's good or bad....

girlgeek

dgruss23
2003-Jul-28, 09:11 PM
:o :o 40.49 % Major Geek :o

I'm not sure if that's good or bad....

girlgeek

At least you know your username is accurate! :D

Musashi
2003-Jul-28, 09:11 PM
Bah! You got extra points for being a girl!! No fair! :D

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-28, 09:19 PM
You geeks! I only had about 8%. I'm only a "poser"! :P

dgruss23
2003-Jul-28, 09:24 PM

Maybe you're just too young to have accumulated enough "geek points". You certainly seem to qualify from what I've observed here. :D :P

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-28, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I bet that's it... hey, wait! Was that an insult? Or a compliment?

*Goes off to ponder*

:D

dgruss23
2003-Jul-28, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I bet that's it... hey, wait! Was that an insult? Or a compliment?

*Goes off to ponder*

Actually, if they had a spot to enter the average number of posts per day on the BABB you'd be rating high on the geek scale! .... 30.4 posts per day ... definitely a geek! :D

(Not meant to be an insult).

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-28, 09:37 PM
I know it's not an insult. I was just kidding. :D

Hey, I just realized; my post count is higher than Humphrey's! Yup, I'm a geek alright! :P

girlgeek
2003-Jul-28, 09:41 PM
Musashi wrote:

Bah! You got extra points for being a girl!! No fair!

:lol: I think I got more points because I am studying to be a computer programmer and like ToSeek scored many of my points by knowing something about that geeky subject. 8)

And, I got extra points for thinking of a way that I should get points that wasn't on the list... :-k

girlgeek

dgruss23
2003-Jul-28, 09:41 PM
Hey, I just realized; my post count is higher than Humphrey's! Yup, I'm a geek alright! :P

Yeah - he's got 25.9 posts a day - still at geek level!

dgruss23
2003-Jul-28, 09:43 PM
You realize of course that we're putting some hard data on the opinion the "people" over at Godlike have of us.

wedgebert
2003-Jul-28, 09:43 PM
Only 40.63% here :( Was shooting for at least 50% or 60% to help explain my trouble with girls... 8-[

Humphrey
2003-Jul-28, 09:48 PM

Yeah - he's got 25.9 posts a day - still at geek level!

It was in the mid 30's but that week vacation lowered me some. its going back up. :-)

Don't worry canuck. You will be lowered again soon.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-28, 09:52 PM
I can guarentee it. I'll be on vacation for about two weeks next month. Might get to a computer, but I doubt it.

mutant
2003-Jul-28, 10:10 PM
Wow........7.69231%. I just impressed myself.

Musashi
2003-Jul-28, 10:16 PM
How about 20 posts per day? I almost have 1% of the content on this site!

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-28, 10:21 PM
Ha! I've got 1.52%! :D

Humphrey
2003-Jul-28, 10:41 PM
my alternate personality is tied for #1 poster. :P

Colt
2003-Jul-28, 10:47 PM
30.96647% - Total Geek

Must have been checking the "Designed a nuclear device of some sort" (not joking). :o I also checked a bucnh of computer ones, reading and Star Trek. :D I thought I would get more though. :P -Colt

gethen
2003-Jul-28, 10:48 PM
If you ask me, the folks at that website don't know what geek means. They should've asked US. Geek is obviously a nonquantifiable state of mind. My son, the astrophysics, human genetics, chemical engineer, computer programmer took the test, at my urging, and came out with a mere 26.8 and only a total geek rating. Says he doesn't read much sci-fi or game too much. Or maybe I don't know what geek means. Because I thought he was a real geek, and that I wasn't. :oops:

wedgebert
2003-Jul-28, 11:12 PM
Here's how I break it down

Geek: A person who tends to have high knowledge of scientific and technical subjects. Tends to be very intelligent, though has a level of common sense inversely proportional to their intellect. Also tends to have poor social skills when not dealing with other geeks and nerds or outside his fields of study.

Nerd: A geek who just lacks all social skills. Even around other geeks and nerds he has no idea how to act. Also tends to be more arrogant when dealing with people who don't know as much as he does.

Dork: A geek without the intellect, just the poor social skills. He might THINK he knows what he's talking about, but he only fools the uneducated.

Colt
2003-Jul-29, 12:06 AM
I guess I would rate myself a geek on that scale, thanks Wedgebert. :) I don't have poor social skills.. I choose who to talk to. Stupid people annoy me (not ignorant mind you, just plain dumb, they refuse to see common sense :roll: ). -Colt

ToSeek
2003-Jul-29, 12:10 AM
Only 40.63% here :( Was shooting for at least 50% or 60% to help explain my trouble with girls... 8-[

We tied, and I'm married, so there's hope for you yet. ;)

freddo
2003-Jul-29, 12:10 AM
20.71006% - Geek.... =D>

wedgebert
2003-Jul-29, 12:12 AM
Yeah, stupid people annoy me too. Really bad when you work at a gas station in the "poorer" side of town.

Nothing like working at 9:00 am and seeing them come in and buy a couple of fifths of the cheapest wine available, a little glass pipe with a fake rose inside (which happens to be the right size to smoke crack with), an S.O.S. pad (filter) and a butane lighter.

That's not counting the drunk college students you get a night. I have a hard time not killing people.

Colt
2003-Jul-29, 12:19 AM
Just remember to load snakeshot (thanks Musashi) in your shotgun as the first shot and after that, buckshot all the way. :o That way you can fire at them and scare them to death when they think they are going to die. If they try anything after that.. Well, it just proves they were stupid enough to try something in the first place. :)

Seriously though, I would refuse to work in any type of gas station, quickie-mart, or liquor store without some form of protection. You're a brave person, Wedgebert. -Colt

Musashi
2003-Jul-29, 12:21 AM
After the first shell, I would load slugs or 000 buck magnum rounds though. No one will get up from a hit with that stuff!

freddo
2003-Jul-29, 12:24 AM
Here's how I break it down

Geek: A person who tends to have high knowledge of scientific and technical subjects. Tends to be very intelligent, though has a level of common sense inversely proportional to their intellect. Also tends to have poor social skills when not dealing with other geeks and nerds or outside his fields of study.

Nerd: A geek who just lacks all social skills. Even around other geeks and nerds he has no idea how to act. Also tends to be more arrogant when dealing with people who don't know as much as he does.

Dork: A geek without the intellect, just the poor social skills. He might THINK he knows what he's talking about, but he only fools the uneducated.

There's another level which sort of fits above that geek rating. Basically its still the same level of scientific & technical knowledge (and lack of common sense). But the difference is actually having strong communication skills irrespective of arena (non-technical or highly technical) - and as such participates very actively in the social arena.

I don't know what the label for that is - but that's me!

Tensor
2003-Jul-29, 12:31 AM
This test is obviously rigged, 47.52% Super Geek. Now, if you will excuse me I have to go retape the nose bridge on my glasses.

wedgebert
2003-Jul-29, 12:56 AM
Seriously though, I would refuse to work in any type of gas station, quickie-mart, or liquor store without some form of protection. You're a brave person, Wedgebert. -Colt

We have three forms of protection actually.

1# A 16 camera digital survellance system. So if I get a cap in the rear, at least I can track them down with a blurry digital picture :) Plus, I installed all the software and know all the passwords, so I can edit the videos to make it look like the robber stole all the money when in fact I kept a couple hundred for myself. :roll:

2# Poor sales. Most of the stuff we sell is on the cheap side, so that most people realize they're not going to get much.

3# My razor sharp wit

Humphrey
2003-Jul-29, 01:51 AM
4# a rubber chicken. You can do many things with one of those. :-)

A snapping turtle makes a good weapon too. Just point and bite. :-)

ocasey3
2003-Jul-29, 02:14 AM
Total Geek here. Well, I suppose that fits, but I am in no way socially inept. \:D/ I love parties!!

Humphrey
2003-Jul-29, 03:18 AM
Total Geek here. Well, I suppose that fits, but I am in no way socially inept. \:D/ I love parties!!
In these parties, do you actually party or do they contain trading cards and little plastic figurines moving around a board?

:wink:

ocasey3
2003-Jul-29, 03:33 AM
I have never been to a party that revolved around the playing of any trading cards. Never even played anything like Magic, the Gathering. But I have been to parties where a game of Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit have broken out. Do Monolpoly figurines count? :D Seems that poker or some other type of drinking game involving cards happens way more often. 8)

nebularain
2003-Jul-29, 03:56 AM
Well, despite the 5 bonus points for being female, I was still a low 14.99014% - Geekish Tendencies.

What's funny is that when you click all five of those boxes, you get a message:

"The Male:Female ratio among geeks is at least 10:1. Therefore a 1% advantage is fair."

P.S. - OK, new Geek sign. you have to edit your post because you accidently left off one " mark!

snowcelt
2003-Jul-29, 08:56 AM
22.5%. I think that the older you get the rate may go up because of attrition.

Laser Jock
2003-Jul-29, 06:38 PM
22.5%. I think that the older you get the rate may go up because of attrition.

Possibly. However, I had all the folks in my lab take it, and there was not a real obvious correlation with age. No matter, both here and in the lab, I hang out with a lot of geeks. :D

Nightfall
2003-Jul-29, 07:05 PM
I got 23.66864%, so I'm a basic Geek. I need to work on getting more RP books/clothing.

darkhunter
2003-Jul-29, 07:18 PM
Legit Dysfuntional Geek.....
The voices in my head, however, tell me we are perfectly normal....

Doodler
2003-Jul-29, 07:46 PM
35.50296% - Major Geek

Pity, seems they dropped the slide rule requirement.

Duane534
2003-Jul-29, 08:39 PM
29.5858% - Total Geek

Now, what is geeky about having a voltmeter and knowing who made DOS?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-29, 08:41 PM
Geekiness is relative. To other geeks (us) it's normal. To the others out there, it is useless knowledge about something unimportant and geeky.

Glom
2003-Jul-29, 09:17 PM
Being a Stargate fan apparently doesn't constitute geekiness. Osiris, Major Carter, Dr. Frasier were suspiciously absent from the list of women you might want.

Why does knowing the names of five TV chefs mean you're a geek? I know five (Ainsley Harriott, Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, Delia Smith, Gary Rhodes) but they are completely uninteresting to me.

Kizarvexis
2003-Jul-29, 09:44 PM
51.67653% - Super Geek

Gaming, Sci-Fi and reading got me that score along with a lot of trivia. :)

Kizarvexis

Kizarvexis
2003-Jul-29, 09:56 PM
Just remember to load snakeshot (thanks Musashi) in your shotgun as the first shot and after that, buckshot all the way. :o That way you can fire at them and scare them to death when they think they are going to die. If they try anything after that.. Well, it just proves they were stupid enough to try something in the first place. :)

Remember, no matter how small the shot in a shotgun shell, at the ranges you are likely to shoot at in a convience store you will do a lot of damage as the shot pattern will not have spread all that much. (I know you guys are talking in jest, but just in case someone didn't know.)

Kizarvexis

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Jul-29, 09:58 PM
Well if the guy pulls a gun on me, I would want to do as much damage as possible so he can't damage me.

Vermonter
2003-Jul-29, 11:53 PM
I'm scared. 48.7195% --- Super Geek. :o

Pinemarten
2003-Jul-30, 12:43 AM
45.56213% - Super Geek
That scares me.
I answered as honest as I could, so I assume some questions are more weighted that others.
Does anyone else never put the cover on their computer? I don't even know which one fits which one.

16% for me.

No decimal places=less geeky.

I have to fight them off with a stick. They are attractive, but I want them for their minds.

AstroSmurf
2003-Jul-30, 12:28 PM
I guess cultures are different; I came off lightly with a mere 35.50296% - Major Geek.

Pocket protectors don't even exist here, AFAIK.

Pi Man
2003-Jul-30, 03:48 PM
ALRIGHT! I made "SUPER GEEK"! That's so awesome!

46.35108% - Super Geek

I would have gotten a higher score if they didn't ask about TV shows that I watch, because I don't have cable or satellite TV. Waaaaaahhhhh! :cry:

pulsar4529
2003-Jul-30, 06:45 PM
36.10453% - Major Geek. Not unexpected.

Gmann
2003-Jul-30, 07:04 PM
6.13%...talk about neanderthal. I guess I should have spent more time in math class and less time building engines. #-o

Pi Man
2003-Jul-30, 07:36 PM
45.56213% - Super Geek
That scares me.
I answered as honest as I could, so I assume some questions are more weighted that others.
Does anyone else never put the cover on their computer? I don't even know which one fits which one.

Welcome fellow Super Geek! I have a stack of 10 vintage computers (not with green moniters, but with that nasty orange moniters) in the basement, 4 win 3.1 computers in my main "computer room", 2 win 98 upgraded to ME (one of which also runs OpenLinux) computers, and a WinXP Toshiba Satellite Pro, s405 (that's a laptop for all of you "geekish tendancies" and just "geeks" out there :lol: ). My Win ME with a dual-boot Linux system one more hard drive than it has bays for, so, I have to leave the case off! :lol:

Also, I loved the question about knowing pi to at least 10 digits! :roll: To be a true Super Geek, you must know it to at least 32! :lol:

Laser Jock
2003-Jul-30, 08:10 PM
Also, I loved the question about knowing pi to at least 10 digits! :roll: To be a true Super Geek, you must know it to at least 32! :lol:

That question should be worth more. I know more than 50 and I'm only a Total Geek? That's closer to Dysfunctional Geek. :D

Dark Helmet
2003-Jul-30, 09:15 PM
yeah! 45.36489% - Super geek!

I need less "friends". (no joke) freshmen year when I was in denial of my geekiness and now my whole school thinks that I am "cool" because of my freshmen gimmics. so now I have a tonne of "friends"

I think my disdain^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H intense hatered for microsoft put me over slightly

but no place for Vi code knowedge :( that would make things better for me (BTW ^H is the vi code for backspace)

Pi Man
2003-Jul-30, 09:22 PM
I was kind of hoping for dysfunctional geek! No joke! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CthulhuBob
2003-Jul-30, 09:44 PM
Hmmm...only 34.714% here. Thought it would be higher since I'm a D&D-playing, SF-reading, B-movie loving, 35yo Network Admin. Sheesh, only those SCA crazies will make Geek God it would seem.

Pi Man
2003-Jul-30, 10:04 PM
I'll tell you what. Challange one of those SCA crazies to D&D, and see who wins! :lol:

waynek
2003-Aug-01, 04:23 AM
42.80079% - Major Geek :o Too bad it wasn't 42 even, that would be cool (and geeky).

I AM one of those "SCA crazies", framed scrolls, armor in the garage and all. I guess that plus the fact that I'm a scientist who likes sci-fi, computers, and played a lot of RPGs in college helped. I also do some non-geeky stuff, like working on cars (that's not geeky, right?)

Dark Helmet - I agree about vi, that's definately a geeky thing to know. Extra points for preferring it over any other text editor. (My personal feelings have ranged from awe to blinding hatred).

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 05:44 AM
The counting in HEX thing was pretty easy! They should asked if you could count in binary! It's much more fun, and impressive, and geeky, in my opinnion!

djsmeg
2003-Aug-01, 06:46 AM
54.43787% - Super Geek.

So far I seem to have the highest score. Mind you I got to click both " dated someone over the internet " and " married someone I met over the internet " :)

Working for a software company as a client facing developer probably doesn't help this score but nor did the 6 years continuous roleplaying.

A lot of this seems to have come from accretive knowledge and a voracious appetite for reading (anything that's not junk fiction).

Christian

snowcelt
2003-Aug-01, 08:58 AM
I think that most of you super geeks are faking it... There is no way that you can score over 35% without pushing the envelope of human reality. No man or woman has the dna to be what you state too be. Therefore: you cheat, as, all of the rest of us do; or, you lie (alien invaders). Beware now, my mom will be watching you! :D

man on the moon
2003-Aug-01, 10:15 AM
25 and something percent. i'm only a total geek. :(

oh wait. that means i still have a life somewhere in reality!!! :) :D :)

now if only i could find it... :-?

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 05:20 PM
Ummm... djsmeg... You signed your post Christian. Do you have two usernames or what? :o

Humphrey
2003-Aug-01, 05:22 PM
Ummm... djsmeg... You signed your post Christian. Do you have two usernames or what? :o
His real name?

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 05:23 PM
I think that most of you super geeks are faking it... There is no way that you can score over 35% without pushing the envelope of human reality.

Don't worry. Just work on it. Read some more Stephen Hawking. Learn a computer language or two. Start dating a girl over the net. And, you'll be a Super Geek in no time! :D

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 05:26 PM
His real name?

Or his alias?
Or just a statement of his faith?

Jetmech0417
2003-Aug-01, 05:35 PM
31.36095% - Total Geek

:cry: *sob*

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 06:11 PM
Again I say...

Don't worry. Just work on it. Read some more Stephen Hawking. Learn a computer language or two. Start dating somebody over the net. And, you'll be a Super Geek in no time! :D

Duane534
2003-Aug-01, 06:50 PM
Again I say...

Don't worry. Just work on it. Read some more Stephen Hawking. Learn a computer language or two. Start dating somebody over the net. And, you'll be a Super Geek in no time! :D

Maybe, they should have a box for quoting yourself in third person.

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 07:49 PM
How's this?

Don't worry. Just work on it. Read some more Stephen Hawking. Learn a computer language or two. Start dating a girl over the net. And, you'll be a Super Geek in no time! :D

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Aug-01, 08:08 PM
15.38462% -- Geek.

Some folk would say that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too low... [-(

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Aug-01, 08:12 PM
29.5858% - Total Geek

Now, what is geeky about having a voltmeter and knowing who made DOS?

Hell's bells...I have the man's autograph. :o

http://www.unavowed.net/charlie/PatersonAutographSmallB.jpg

Edited so the pitcher weren't so huge...there, that's better...

Pi Man
2003-Aug-01, 08:15 PM
AUGH! Everybody stay away from Charlie! He's a Windows Fan! [-X

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Aug-01, 08:39 PM
AUGH! Everybody stay away from Charlie! He's a Windows Fan! [-X

That has to be one of the most putridly reprehensible puns it has been my misfortune to have been the subject of, sir.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I give a respectful tip of my hat in the general direction of your achievement...

Colt
2003-Aug-01, 10:53 PM
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 1058209749445923078164062862
08998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844 6095505822317253594081284811
17450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428 8109756659334461284756482337
86783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213 3936072602491412737245870066
06315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360 0113305305488204665213841469
51941511609433057270365759591953092186117381932611 7931051185480744623799627495
67351885752724891227938183011949129833673362440656 6430860213949463952247371907

Beat that. :P :wink:

What's wrong with Windows? Well, besides that abomination Windows ME. *shudder* -Colt

djsmeg
2003-Aug-02, 01:34 AM
His real name?

Or his alias?
Or just a statement of his faith?

Real Name. You think my mother christened me djsmeg? Fortunately not :D Perhaps I should post the story on the "Where you got your username from" thread though most people seem to find it interminably boring so maybe not.

By the way that score was genuine. I guess I got some for thinking of geek questions he missed out on (know how to tunnel ssh through a paranoid company firewall? know how to configure software RAID? etc etc)

By the way- Windows 2000 is OK, and Windows 2.0 was alright as well, but the rest of them suck.

Oh, and those of you who want to improve you're geek rating I recommend a spell at RPGs. They're an excellent way to rack up those points.

Christian

Duane534
2003-Aug-02, 01:52 AM
Windows ME is bad? Have you seen WHY they had to release SP1 for XP? *shudders*

Duane534
2003-Aug-02, 01:53 AM
Ooh, I see the pun now! "Windows fan?" Hardy-har-har. :roll:

frenat
2003-Aug-02, 03:30 AM
Woohoo!
50.09862% Super Geek!

Is it bad that I'm excited about that?

pixelator
2003-Aug-02, 03:30 AM
Wheehoo! I got 40.63116% - Major Geek!

But I think I should have scored higher.

They didn't ask:

Do you...

Y - Own a calculator watch?
Y - ...Made out of plastic?
Y - ...With a metal wristband?
Y - post on the BABB?
Y - and use emoticons? :D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x
Y - Have a stupid signature line written in pig latin?

I think I should have gotten at least 10 points higher! :evil:

frenat
2003-Aug-02, 03:33 AM
What's even worse is my 50.09862% is completely without RPGs.

Pi Man
2003-Aug-02, 05:33 AM
Beat that. :P :wink:

You asked for it:
02179860943702770539217176293176752384674818467669 4051320005681271452635608277
85771342757789609173637178721468440901224953430146 5495853710507922796892589235
42019956112129021960864034418159813629774771309960 5187072113499999983729780499
51059731732816096318595024459455346908302642522308 2533446850352619311881710100
03137838752886587533208381420617177669147303598253 4904287554687311595628638823
53787593751957781857780532171226806613001927876611 1959092164201989380952572010
65485863278865936153381827968230301952035301852968 9957736225994138912497217752
83479131515574857242454150695950829533116861727855 8890750983817546374649393192
55060400927701671139009848824012858361603563707660 1047101819429555961989467678
37449448255379774726847104047534646208046684259069 4912933136770289891521047521
62056966024058038150193511253382430035587640247496 4732639141992726042699227967
82354781636009341721641219924586315030286182974555 7067498385054945885869269956
90927210797509302955321165344987202755960236480665 4991198818347977535663698074
26542527862551818417574672890977772793800081647060 0161452491921732172147723501
41441973568548161361157352552133475741849468438523 3239073941433345477624168625
18983569485562099219222184272550254256887671790494 6016534668049886272327917860
85784383827967976681454100953883786360950680064225 1252051173929848960841284886
26945604241965285022210661186306744278622039194945 0471237137869609563643719172
87467764657573962413890865832645995813390478027590 0994657640789512694683983525
95709825822620522489407726719478268482601476990902 6401363944374553050682034962
52451749399651431429809190659250937221696461515709 8583874105978859597729754989
30161753928468138268683868942774155991855925245953 9594310499725246808459872736
44695848653836736222626099124608051243884390451244 1365497627807977156914359977
00129616089441694868555848406353422072225828488648 1584560285060168427394522674
67678895252138522549954666727823986456596116354886 2305774564980355936345681743
24112515076069479451096596094025228879710893145669 1368672287489405601015033086
17928680920874760917824938589009714909675985261365 5497818931297848216829989487
22658804857564014270477555132379641451523746234364 5428584447952658678210511413
54735739523113427166102135969536231442952484937187 1101457654035902799344037420
07310578539062198387447808478489683321445713868751 9435064302184531910484810053
70614680674919278191197939952061419663428754440643 7451237181921799983910159195
61814675142691239748940907186494231961567945208095 1465502252316038819301420937
62137855956638937787083039069792077346722182562599 6615014215030680384477345492
02605414665925201497442850732518666002132434088190 7104863317346496514539057962
68561005508106658796998163574736384052571459102897 0641401109712062804390397595
15677157700420337869936007230558763176359421873125 1471205329281918261861258673
21579198414848829164470609575270695722091756711672 2910981690915280173506712748
58322287183520935396572512108357915136988209144421 0067510334671103141267111369
90865851639831501970165151168517143765761835155650 8849099898599823873455283316
35507647918535893226185489632132933089857064204675 2590709154814165498594616371
80270981994309924488957571282890592323326097299712 0844335732654893823911932597
46366730583604142813883032038249037589852437441702 9132765618093773444030707469
21120191302033038019762110110044929321516084244485 9637669838952286847831235526
58213144957685726243344189303968642624341077322697 8028073189154411010446823252
71620105265227211166039666557309254711055785376346 6820653109896526918620564769
31257058635662018558100729360659876486117910453348 8503461136576867532494416680
39626579787718556084552965412665408530614344431858 6769751456614068007002378776
59134401712749470420562230538994561314071127000407 8547332699390814546646458807
97270826683063432858785698305235808933065757406795 4571637752542021149557615814
00250126228594130216471550979259230990796547376125 5176567513575178296664547791
74501129961489030463994713296210734043751895735961 4589019389713111790429782856
47503203198691514028708085990480109412147221317947 6477726224142548545403321571
85306142288137585043063321751829798662237172159160 7716692547487389866549494501
14654062843366393790039769265672146385306736096571 2091807638327166416274888800
78692560290228472104031721186082041900042296617119 6377921337575114959501566049
63186294726547364252308177036751590673502350728354 0567040386743513622224771589
15049530984448933309634087807693259939780541934144 7377441842631298608099888687
41326047215695162396586457302163159819319516735381 2974167729478672422924654366
80098067692823828068996400482435403701416314965897 9409243237896907069779422362
50822168895738379862300159377647165122893578601588 1617557829735233446042815126
27203734314653197777416031990665541876397929334419 5215413418994854447345673831
62499341913181480927777103863877343177207545654532 2077709212019051660962804909
26360197598828161332316663652861932668633606273567 6303544776280350450777235547
10585954870279081435624014517180624643626794561275 3181340783303362542327839449
75382437205835311477119926063813346776879695970309 8339130771098704085913374641
44282277263465947047458784778720192771528073176790 7707157213444730605700733492
43693113835049316312840425121925651798069411352801 3147013047816437885185290928
54520116583934196562134914341595625865865570552690 4965209858033850722426482939
72858478316305777756068887644624824685792603953527 7348030480290058760758251047
47091643961362676044925627420420832085661190625454 3372131535958450687724602901
61876679524061634252257719542916299193064553779914 0373404328752628889639958794
75729174642635745525407909145135711136941091193932 5191076020825202618798531887
70584297259167781314969900901921169717372784768472 6860849003377024242916513005
00516832336435038951702989392233451722013812806965 0117844087451960121228599371
62313017114448464090389064495444006198690754851602 6327505298349187407866808818
33851022833450850486082503930213321971551843063545 5007668282949304137765527939
75175461395398468339363830474611996653858153842056 8533862186725233402830871123
28278921250771262946322956398989893582116745627010 2183564622013496715188190973
03811980049734072396103685406643193950979019069963 9552453005450580685501956730
22921913933918568034490398205955100226353536192041 9947455385938102343955449597
78377902374216172711172364343543947822181852862408 5140066604433258885698670543
15470696574745855033232334210730154594051655379068 6627333799585115625784322988
27372319898757141595781119635833005940873068121602 8764962867446047746491599505
49737425626901049037781986835938146574126804925648 7985561453723478673303904688
38343634655379498641927056387293174872332083760112 3029911367938627089438799362
01629515413371424892830722012690147546684765357616 4773794675200490757155527819
65362132392640616013635815590742202020318727760527 7219005561484255518792530343
51398442532234157623361064250639049750086562710953 5919465897514131034822769306
24743536325691607815478181152843667957061108615331 5044521274739245449454236828
86061340841486377670096120715124914043027253860764 8236341433462351897576645216
41376796903149501910857598442391986291642193994907 2362346468441173940326591840
44378051333894525742399508296591228508555821572503 1071257012668302402929525220
11872676756220415420516184163484756516999811614101 0029960783869092916030288400
26910414079288621507842451670908700069928212066041 8371806535567252532567532861
29104248776182582976515795984703562226293486003415 8722980534989650226291748788
20273420922224533985626476691490556284250391275771 0284027998066365825488926488
02545661017296702664076559042909945681506526530537 1829412703369313785178609040
70866711496558343434769338578171138645587367812301 4587687126603489139095620099
39361031029161615288138437909904231747336394804575 9314931405297634757481193567
09110137751721008031559024853090669203767192203322 9094334676851422144773793937
51703443661991040337511173547191855046449026365512 8162288244625759163330391072
25383742182140883508657391771509682887478265699599 5744906617583441375223970968
34080053559849175417381883999446974867626551658276 5848358845314277568790029095
17028352971634456212964043523117600665101241200659 7558512761785838292041974844
23608007193045761893234922927965019875187212726750 7981255470958904556357921221
03334669749923563025494780249011419521238281530911 4079073860251522742995818072
47162591668545133312394804947079119153267343028244 1860414263639548000448002670
49624820179289647669758318327131425170296923488962 7668440323260927524960357996
46925650493681836090032380929345958897069536534940 6034021665443755890045632882
25054525564056448246515187547119621844396582533754 3885690941130315095261793780
02974120766514793942590298969594699556576121865619 6733786236256125216320862869
22210327488921865436480229678070576561514463204692 7906821207388377814233562823
60896320806822246801224826117718589638140918390367 3672220888321513755600372798
39400415297002878307667094447456013455641725437090 6979396122571429894671543578
46878861444581231459357198492252847160504922124247 0141214780573455105008019086
99603302763478708108175450119307141223390866393833 9529425786905076431006383519
83438934159613185434754649556978103829309716465143 8407007073604112373599843452
25161050702705623526601276484830840761183013052793 2054274628654036036745328651
05706587488225698157936789766974220575059683440869 7350201410206723585020072452
25632651341055924019027421624843914035998953539459 0944070469120914093870012645
60016237428802109276457931065792295524988727584610 1264836999892256959688159205

Snicker, snicker. I think you just went to the site that I have listed as my WWW page and copied some of the first few lines. In fact, each row has the same number of digits in it. :D

snowcelt
2003-Aug-02, 07:59 AM
What's even worse is my 50.09862% is completely without RPGs.

Which country rules the world?
What empire lasted longer than a icecream cone in hell?
Who shot JR?

Glom
2003-Aug-02, 11:43 AM
You asked for it:

Are you sure it's not

99603302663478708108175450119307141223390866393833 9529425786905076431006383519

nebularain
2003-Aug-02, 12:10 PM
Perhaps I should post the story on the "Where you got your username from" thread though most people seem to find it interminably boring so maybe not.

Actually, I've always wondered about your username. The last four letters sound like they came out of Red Dwarf, but I don't see how the first two letters would fit that interpretation. So, it could mean something intirely different - which means I did a [-X and gave people a :-# image of your name. :oops:

Humor us, please, what is story behind your unsername?

geekess
2003-Aug-02, 12:19 PM
Ok I have to step out of my normal lurking mode for this one...

55.81854% - Extreme Geek :wink: now I have proof that I'm a geek.

15.38462% -- Geek.

Some folk would say that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too low... [-(

Charlie, I'm shocked I thought your score would be much higher then that.:wink:

informant
2003-Aug-02, 03:09 PM
14.6% - Geekish Tendencies.

Don't know enough about computers, probably. Also, not a big gameplayer.

Pi Man
2003-Aug-02, 04:13 PM
Are you sure it's not

No. I'm sure it's:

:lol:

Pi Man
2003-Aug-02, 04:14 PM
Are you sure it's not

No. I'm sure it's:

:lol:

djsmeg
2003-Aug-02, 10:58 PM
Perhaps I should post the story on the "Where you got your username from" thread though most people seem to find it interminably boring so maybe not.

Actually, I've always wondered about your username. The last four letters sound like they came out of Red Dwarf, but I don't see how the first two letters would fit that interpretation. So, it could mean something intirely different - which means I did a [-X and gave people a :-# image of your name. :oops:

Humor us, please, what is story behind your unsername?

The innocent interpretation please. The full story on a more appropriate thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=124164#124164). I've had the username so long that I'm very familiar with the differing interpretations. A swede once commented that he thought I was someone who liked playing with washing machines in a very particular way(apparently Smeg (http://www.smeg.it/) is a mainland european manufacturer of them). :oops:

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-15, 08:53 PM
better geek, than chav

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-15, 08:55 PM
Btw pi is 22/7 to the closest fraction which is closer than decimals

agingjb
2005-Oct-15, 09:25 PM
355/113?

peteshimmon
2005-Oct-15, 11:02 PM
Is it geekish to worry if disk space might
become scarce one day? Also I never did find
the difference between geeks and nerds. Bring
back the term "Boffin". Much more friendly.
And dont forget the "thick sticks". That is
anyone who characterises someone as a geek or
nerd:)

Pip
2005-Oct-16, 01:46 AM
59.76331% Extreme Geek, without any computer stuff.

Candy
2005-Oct-16, 07:25 AM
<---Geekish Tendencies.

snarkophilus
2005-Oct-16, 10:05 AM
45.56213% - Super Geek
That scares me.

Oh man... I laughed hard when I saw that question... at the moment, I have three machines scattered in various states of disassembly all over my apartment, plus the machine I'm using now, plus my poor little web server (may it rest in peace -- or pieces, as it will likely end up), all without covers. Most of the covers are currently acting as bookends.

45.95661% - Super Geek, by the way. Possibly it has much to do with the fact that I checked pretty much every box in the "I have read..." section. Seriously. I have trouble believing that everyone hasn't read all those things. Except for Russian literature. Blech. :sick:

Lots of Magic questions... something I've never played, being too much of a roleplaying snob to condescend to mere card games. That probably kept me below 50%.

With that in mind, I'm still the life of the party... you know, when I drag myself out to spend time with real people. :) Seriously, though, a lot of people I know have no idea how much of a geek I (supposedly) am.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-16, 10:47 AM
I Could Have SWORN, I Submitted This, When This Thread Debuted, but ...

80.0789% Dysfuntional Geek!!!!

I Swear, My Score has Gone Up, 12%, in The Past 2 Years!!!

:wall:

paulie jay
2005-Oct-16, 12:40 PM
14.79% - just not trying hard enough I suppose...

breeze
2005-Oct-16, 03:35 PM
29.98028% - Total Geek :clap:

Of course, I got five points just for being female. :cool:

JMV
2005-Oct-16, 05:35 PM
26.0355% - Total Geek

Is it bad to wish the score was higher?

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-16, 05:38 PM
its nice to have so many geeks in the world.

TheBlackCat
2005-Oct-16, 06:46 PM
I got 42.60355 - Major Geek. That's without knowing most of the movie and role-playing stuff.

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-16, 07:10 PM
:D 52.07101% Super GEEK :dance:

Candy
2005-Oct-16, 07:45 PM
I Could Have SWORN, I Submitted This, When This Thread Debuted, but ...

80.0789% Dysfuntional Geek!!!!

I Swear, My Score has Gone Up, 12%, in The Past 2 Years!!!

I believe there was a second thread, because I remember responding to a similar thread that wasn't quite as old as this one.

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-16, 08:16 PM
i actually was the one too retrieve this one from the old pile... then everyone started to post again.

Candy
2005-Oct-16, 08:31 PM
i actually was the one too retrieve this one from the old pile... then everyone started to post again.
I mean one started after I joined in 2004. This thread dates back to 2003. I remember taking this same test, but I don't think it was from this particular thread. I still got roughly the same results. You guys are such geeks! :)

Halcyon Dayz
2005-Oct-16, 09:31 PM
32.7% Total Geek

And I did apply for a job with Microsoft. :D

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-16, 09:36 PM
32.7% Total Geek

And I did apply for a job with Microsoft. :D
Did you get the job in Microshaft?

Halcyon Dayz
2005-Oct-16, 09:37 PM
No, and I'm still not sure if that was a bad thing.

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-16, 09:44 PM
Nevermind, atleast we should be happy of moving on to a new page finally, the last one had such long appoximations of pi, to me ages to scroll.... :lol:

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-17, 05:50 AM
I believe there was a second thread, because I remember responding to a similar thread that wasn't quite as old as this one.
It's My Score INCREASE, that Bothers me ...

Am I Really, That Much Geekier, now?

It's Probably because My Beloved and I, Did those Two Long Distance Stints, As an Online Relationship!!!!

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-17, 09:43 AM
Your geekiness has caught up with your age finally, :lol:

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-17, 10:54 AM
Your geekiness has caught up with your age finally, :lol:
Tell me About It ....

I Feel 30, Already ...

Swift
2005-Oct-17, 12:53 PM
I'm positive that I've done this already and posted in this thread, but I'm too lazy to search. 28.797% - total geek. Too much computer science and not enough chemistry, if you ask me ;)

Sigma_Orionis
2005-Oct-17, 12:53 PM
34.31953% Not as Geeky as I thought......

Candy
2005-Oct-17, 01:28 PM
It's My Score INCREASE, that Bothers me ...

Am I Really, That Much Geekier, now?

It's Probably because My Beloved and I, Did those Two Long Distance Stints, As an Online Relationship!!!!

I've noticed this change in you, too. It must be your old age. ;)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-17, 01:29 PM
I've noticed this change in you, too. It must be your old age. ;)
So ...

It's NOT, Just In My Head?

Great!!!

Candy
2005-Oct-17, 01:36 PM
So ...

It's NOT, Just In My Head?

Great!!!

Proof positive (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?p=579959#post579959) that you are the ultimate geek. :lol:

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-17, 01:45 PM
Proof positive (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?p=579959#post579959) that you are the ultimate geek. :lol:
I Was Hoping People, Would Notice that, Just NOT, For This Purpose ...

Still, The Geekiest Thing, I've Ever Done, Was, Just After I Got Engaged, To Recraft, One of The Main Characters, After My Fianc&#233;e ...

This, Not Only Involved, Changing her Name, But Also Changing, her Hair and Eye Color, and Making her, Three Inches Taller!

Candy
2005-Oct-17, 01:58 PM
I Was Hoping People, Would Notice that, Just NOT, For This Purpose ...

Still, The Geekiest Thing, I've Ever Done, Was, Just After I Got Engaged, To Recraft, One of The Main Characters, After My Fianc&#233;e ...

This, Not Only Involved, Changing her Name, But Also Changing, her Hair and Eye Color, and Making her, Three Inches Taller!

Good grief (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=579447&postcount=54), how tall is this woman of yours? :)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-17, 02:09 PM
Good grief (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=579447&postcount=54), how tall is this woman of yours? :)
She's Only 5'6" ....

But, I Do Have to Lie, a Litttle, To Claim 5'5" ...

:shifty:

Candy
2005-Oct-17, 02:21 PM
I'm 5'5" barefoot. 5'9" with a good set of heals. Okay, back to Geek Patrol. :)

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-17, 03:48 PM
You know that thing on the geek website where you enter a bunch of nouns and verbs, and then it makes up a story about you is so funny.

Laser Jock
2005-Oct-17, 08:29 PM

Wow, I don't even remember starting this thread. We have a bit necromancy going on here. :eek:

;)

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-17, 08:58 PM
Wow, I don't even remember starting this thread. We have a bit necromancy going on here. :eek:

;)
Necromancy eh? :eh:
Yeah! i thought we needed to recover this for the geeks ;) (like me), obviously without starting a new one. its also helping some ppl realise how much geeky they've become over the years or vice versa

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Oct-17, 09:21 PM
Necromancy eh? :eh:
Yeah! i thought we needed to recover this for the geeks ;) (like me), obviously without starting a new one. its also helping some ppl realise how much geeky they've become over the years or vice versa
Yeah, Like me ....

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Oct-17, 09:40 PM
Yeah, Like me ....

dont worry its natural....