PDA

View Full Version : Is China Building a Space Station?

Fraser
2007-Nov-07, 09:09 PM
There are mixed reports coming out of China on their plans to loft a space station by 2020. A Chinese aerospace engineer, Long Lehao, mentioned to journalists that the China National Space Administration was planning to build a "small-scale 20 tonne space workshop". ...

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2007/11/07/is-china-building-a-space-station/)

Mathieu Hamaekers
2007-Nov-08, 09:46 AM
As far as I know, the resolution of the pictures will be 1 pixel per square inch. If that is true, than you will see where the astronauts where walking some 38 years ago.I agree with you. You will not see the ribbels of the footprints but the random pixel spread will bee different where the astronauts where walking. And definitely you will see the trails of the Lunarmodule of the later Apollo missions. The Moonlander must be very good visible and also the other artifacts. I hope you and your team will make sure these pictures will bee seen on your website as soon as they are availeble for public release. These pictures would be the end of a stupid conspiricy theory that the apollo flights where a fraud. Especially because the pictures would come from China. If there where no apollo flights, the Chinese would be very willing to show these pictures and the moonrace could start again. So please, make sure that these pictures will be on your website. It would give a lot of USA people, especially the young people, back the believe that the apollo missions where real and was one of the most breathtaking adventures, humanity witnessed in there whole history.

mfumbesi
2007-Nov-08, 10:32 AM
And just in case you're hoping the spacecraft will be able to image the Apollo astronaut footprints, sorry, it doesn't have the resolution.
Thats a real pity.
We are getting better resolution from the HiRISEhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Reconnaissance_Orbiter#HiRISE_.28camera.29 orbiting Mars.

WiseScripter
2007-Nov-08, 10:13 PM
Wow, the chinese build a spacestation. I bet it is going to be an exact copy of the ISS but only cheaper :D

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-10, 07:29 PM
I think the "building" title is a bit misleading, as it suggests "They're doing it in secret right over our heads!" A better title would have been "Will China build a space station?" or "Is China going to build a space station".

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-11, 12:58 AM
I think the "building" title is a bit misleading, as it suggests "They're doing it in secret right over our heads!" A better title would have been "Will China build a space station?" or "Is China going to build a space station".

I don't think there is anything wrong with how the title is worded.

man on the moon
2007-Nov-11, 07:48 AM
As far as I know, the resolution of the pictures will be 1 pixel per square inch. If that is true, than you will see where the astronauts where walking some 38 years ago...The Moonlander must be very good visible and also the other artifacts. These pictures would be the end of a stupid conspiricy theory that the apollo flights where a fraud. Especially because the pictures would come from China. If there where no apollo flights, the Chinese would be very willing to show these pictures and the moonrace could start again. So please, make sure that these pictures will be on your website.

True, though I guarantee you someone will say "it's photoshopped to try and fool us!"

There will always be people who (don't) believe despite whatever you show them. Even if they were to walk beside the lander on the moon itself, they would find something to not believe in. :S

Hopefully this would solve a lot of problems if it can resolve some of the equipment though, that would be sweet!

Noclevername
2007-Nov-11, 09:46 PM

"Is China planning to build a space station?" Since that's really all it is at present, a plan.