PDA

View Full Version : Episode 62: Uranus

Fraser
2007-Nov-12, 05:49 AM
This week, we're on to the next planet in the solar system. We don't know a whole lot about this blue gas planet, but today we'll cover some of the neat stuff we do know, including it's faint rings, sideways axis of rotation and its rocky core - a first in the gas planets we've encountered so far in our tour.

<strong><a href="http://media.libsyn.com/media/astronomycast/AstroCast-071112.mp3">Episode 62: Uranus (13MB)</a></strong><br />&nbsp;<br />

Read the full blog entry (http://www.astronomycast.com/solar-system/episode-62-uranus/)

EricNau
2007-Nov-12, 06:28 AM
As of now, it's not appearing in the feed (feed://feeds.feedburner.com/astronomycast) or iTunes. :confused:

EDIT: It is now. I guess maybe there's a short delay before the feed is updated?

Lord Jubjub
2007-Nov-13, 03:51 AM
hmmm . . . no mention of U-rectum?:whistle:

DannyLiverpool
2007-Nov-13, 05:16 PM
Enjoyed the show... but does anyone else think its a boring planet? lol....

parallaxicality
2007-Nov-13, 05:24 PM
So are we going straight to Neptune next week or are we doing the moons?

I admit, they're not that interesting, but hey Miranda's kinda cool.

Fraser
2007-Nov-13, 07:45 PM
We're going straight to Neptune.

canismajoris
2007-Nov-14, 12:09 PM
could you say something about the whole Comet Holmes thing in the next show?

clint
2007-Nov-16, 04:38 PM
As a non-native English speaker, living on a continent (Europe) where everybody uses (non-native) English
as the only way to communicate with their neighbours,
I am always amused about the continuous apologies concerning 'correct' pronounciation on your show.

Be assured that on this side of the world, NOBODY pronounces ANYTHING correctly :lol:

Fraser
2007-Nov-16, 06:16 PM
That's good to know. So I guess I don't need to apologize for my Canadian accent either. ;-) Phil always makes fun of the way I say "out" and "about".

parallaxicality
2007-Nov-16, 06:17 PM
But... you're Canadian. That's how Canadians speak. Or so I always assumed... :)

DarkSamurai
2007-Nov-16, 06:31 PM
We're going straight to Neptune.

I guess that means Triton won't be getting a moon show either.

Well more time for Kuiper belt, Scattered disk, and Oort cloud show I guess.

EvilEye
2007-Nov-17, 11:34 PM
Can't end the series without Voyagers... they're leaving the system no?

DarkSamurai
2007-Nov-19, 12:13 PM
True, I guess then can go with the Voyagers and the Termination shock, Heliosheath, Heliopause, Bow shock and finally the Interstellar medium.

Of course after all it's only a short interstellar trip to Alpha Centauri, the Magellanic Clouds and Andromeda. :shifty:

Short of course being a relative term.