PDA

View Full Version : Comet Holmes - GLP

Kaptain K
2007-Nov-12, 06:38 AM
Hoo-boy! The folks at GLP can come up with the wildest ideas! Lets see if I can condense this with a straight face.

The Illuminati knew that Holmes was going to impact the Earth, so they sent a nuke to divert it. So far, standard GLP fare, right? Now it gets weird.

What they didn't know was that Holmes was filled with naquada (from Stargate SG-1). this amplified the explosion and now Holmes is a galactic gate and is threatening to engulf Jupiter, if not the whole Solar System!

I couldn't make this up! :doh:

Maksutov
2007-Nov-12, 08:27 AM
Ever get the feeling that the standard profile for a regular CT/HB/SOT GLP poster

is a frustrated dilettante science fiction writer
is lacking in originality and creativity
is out of touch with reality
thinks every The History Channel show is 100% factual
has too much free time

farmerjumperdon
2007-Nov-12, 01:11 PM
Totally and provably untrue. If the Illuminati had nukes, our administration would be planning an invasion; ergo, the Illuminati must not have nukes.

Celestial Mechanic
2007-Nov-12, 01:50 PM
Totally and provably untrue. If the Illuminati had nukes, our administration would be planning an invasion; ergo, the Illuminati must not have nukes.
Only the Illuminati have nukes; they just let the Americans, Russians, British, French, Chinese, Israelis, Indians, Pakistanis and North Koreans think they have them. ;)

And remember -- there's nothing godlike about any of the productions at GLP.

Noclevername
2007-Nov-12, 01:55 PM
Glp?

antoniseb
2007-Nov-12, 01:58 PM
I'm starting to get the impression that GLP is a central source for people doing a kind of real-world-news combination fantasy-league, and LARP. The likelihood that they really mean this stuff is very low.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-12, 02:02 PM
Glp?

German Longhaired Pointer? Got me . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Longhaired_Pointer

Noclevername
2007-Nov-12, 02:05 PM
Got Low Prices? Geddy Lee Plays? Go Lower, Please? Gandalf Loves Poprocks?

antoniseb
2007-Nov-12, 02:06 PM
Glp?
A website about crazy "conspiracy, astronomy, and aliens" ideas called "God-Like Productions".

Kaptain K
2007-Nov-12, 02:08 PM
Glp?
GodLike Productions
One very weird website, where anything goes - the whackier the better!

To paraphrase Pete Seeger, "This website kills brain cells". Enter at your own risk. :whistle:

ETA: The site probably gets more hits an hour than this one does in a week! Sad commentary on the state of the world, huh?

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-12, 02:14 PM
GodLike Productions

That's a rather pretentious name.

Kaptain K
2007-Nov-12, 02:22 PM
That's a rather pretentious name.
For a rather pretentious web site!

Jens
2007-Nov-12, 02:26 PM
Geddy Lee Plays?

What is that supposed to mean?

Noclevername
2007-Nov-12, 02:29 PM
What is that supposed to mean?

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geddy_Lee) is him.

Jens
2007-Nov-12, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I knew that. His band is the first I ever went to watch, when I was in high school, many decades ago. What I meant to ask is something like, I don't like his singing much, and his songwriting is prety awful, but his bass playing is pretty darned good, actually. I was wondering what you were trying to say.

Noclevername
2007-Nov-12, 02:36 PM
I was wondering what you were trying to say.

:confused: Huh? I was just trying to figure out what GLP stood for. Do you think I was seriously implying anything at all when I said Gandalf Loves Poprocks??

Jens
2007-Nov-12, 02:39 PM
:confused: Huh? I was just trying to figure out what GLP stood for. Do you think I was seriously implying anything at all when I said Gandalf Loves Poprocks??

Yes, I did. I guess I was trying to interpret too much into it! I was wondering exactly what it was that Gandalf loved as well. Come to think of it, maybe GLP is a new rock band with a real burning keyboardist.

Gandalf, Lake and Palmer.

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Nov-12, 04:53 PM
doesn't glp have Nancy Leider or Lieder as a moderator.

Kaptain K
2007-Nov-12, 05:14 PM
I don't know about a mod, but she was there (maybe still is).

Doodler
2007-Nov-12, 05:46 PM
Ever get the feeling that the standard profile for a regular CT/HB/SOT GLP poster

I would alter that first one to be a frustrated dilitante science fiction fanfic writer...

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-13, 12:11 AM
I couldn't make this up!
But somebody could, evidently.

has too much free time
From an essay in eighth grade about famous photographs:
"In another desert, cold, desolate Mars, the Viking Oribiter took a photograph of a hill. Many believed that it looked like a face and went over pictures of the surrounding area, "discovering" an "immense city". Later photographs have proved that it is indeed just a mesa. This is a good example of what can happen when people have Too Much Time On Their Hands."

Got Low Prices? Geddy Lee Plays? Go Lower, Please? Gandalf Loves Poprocks
George Lopez Giggles? Green Leafy Power?

Superluminal
2007-Nov-13, 02:36 AM
Gargantuan Loads of Poop

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-13, 02:37 AM
Gargantuan Loads of Poop

We have a winner!

Kaptain K
2007-Nov-13, 03:08 AM
We have a winner!
Seconded!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Maksutov
2007-Nov-13, 03:21 AM
[edit]George Lopez Giggles?...Perhaps you meant "Piddles"?

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/566/iconwink6tn.gif

Urbane Guerrilla
2007-Nov-13, 03:22 AM
And I thought this thread was actually gonna be about a comet! Boyyyyy....

Well, at least I can puff up or foof up my post count.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-13, 03:29 AM
And I thought this thread was actually gonna be about a comet! Boyyyyy....

Well, at least I can puff up or foof up my post count.

There are several threads about Comet Holmes, loaded with information, and dozens of astrophotographs in the Astrophotography section.

boppa
2007-Nov-13, 11:35 AM
yup not only does nancy still post there, but she is indeed a mod there

:-O

btw i thought i should add that glp is definately NOT family friendly for those thinking of going there

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-13, 01:31 PM
btw i thought i should add that glp is definately NOT family friendly for those thinking of going there

With a name like God-Like Productions, one would think that it would be family-friendly. :confused:

Kaptain K
2007-Nov-13, 02:53 PM

:-O

Hmm... There was a time when there were three different "Nancys" there with three different avatars!

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-14, 01:08 AM
Perhaps you meant "Piddles"?
Yeah, I did.

Ahh! Evil Noodles of Which We Do Not Speak!