PDA

View Full Version : Apollo music clip

Nicolas
2007-Nov-12, 12:01 PM
Once every 10.000 posts we may plug ourselves, right? Right. And it's not like I'm making any money out of this or something like that.

I've made a simple clip for a composition of mine (I'm a musician, not a video artist. And not even a good musician, so I warned you about the video quality...). I thought the Apollo footage was suitable, as I needed something with grandeur. ;)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3qncTNICU

(youtube video link, 2:30 minutes, no cheesy scrolling text ;))

Too bad the audio quality is horrible in this video version. There's complete instruments inaudible in this version...

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-13, 12:29 AM
Great stuff, Nicolas!

Nicolas
2007-Nov-13, 08:43 AM
Thanks!

The main difference in audio is that a lot of the details and highs are gone in this video compression; the full quality version has more variety but it is simply compressed out.

You can find a higher quality audio version here (the video on the myspace site is the same one as on youtube though):

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=136588605

(last entry in the audio player on the top right; sometimes you have to click twice to make it play).

It's still not CD quality, but at least everything I recorded is -almost- audible in that audio only version.

Sticks
2007-Nov-13, 08:58 AM
It does not seem to work on the Myspace site for me, any chance you could make this downloadable?

Nicolas
2007-Nov-13, 09:04 AM
You mean just the myspace audio only file?

Hm, it should work, so I assume your PC is missing a certain codecorwhatever to play it. It's streaming flash audio, so I assume your best bet is to download the latest macromedia flash for your browser and try again.

Tell me if that didn't help.

Sticks
2007-Nov-13, 10:17 AM
I think the main problem is that I tried from my work's pc, and sometimes streaming audio and video files get blocked by the various firewalls. I am surprised they have not blocked YouTube.

I may have to try at home tonight if I can. Meanwhile it would be nice to have an mp3 or wma of it, in case I can use it on some of my movie output. As ever all acreditation to the artist is given in the end credits, if I ever use a piece. If you want to see my work, I am Stickings90 on YouTube

Nicolas
2007-Nov-13, 10:32 AM
If you have a mailbox that can take a 6MB attachment, I'm willing to mail the MP3 to you, just Pm me the address. You -that is "you, Sticks", not "you, everyone"- are allowed to use it in your freely available youtube videos if you credit me in the end and if you let me know you uploaded a video containing my music as soon as possible after doing so. Looking at your other videos, I don't think I'd have any problem with the kind of video my music is used in, but one never knows so I'd like to see them and then make the final call :).

If you'd want MP3 files of other music you find on my Myspace, just send a PM.

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-14, 01:11 AM
I do not want to visit MySpace because then my mom might see and think I am giving out personal information and take away my computer privliges forever.
But I am happy that she cares so much about my safety.

2007-Nov-14, 01:26 AM
I do not want to visit MySpace because then my mom might see and think I am giving out personal information and take away my computer privliges forever.
But I am happy that she cares so much about my safety.

If I did MySpace, I'd take away my own privileges.

But, I'm a sucker for a pretty face, so I'd give them right back to myself.

Neverfly
2007-Nov-14, 06:09 AM
I can't stand MySpace. It's a meatmarket with no constraints.

Nicolas
2007-Nov-14, 07:29 AM
For the record, I'm on MySpace Music only. People can only rate my music (or maybe even that option is off as well in my case); they can't rate me. they can't even see a picture of me.