PDA

View Full Version : Old tv show

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2007-Nov-16, 02:46 PM
I can remember watching a tv pilot for a comedy along the lines of I Dream of Genie....maybe back in the late 60's early 70's....it had to do (I vaguely recall) with astronauts travelling in time (not sure) and bringing back or turning into cavemen. Anyone remember this? The only thing I really remember is the show's theme song going something like "It's about time, it's about space....it's about time you washed your face..."

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2007-Nov-16, 02:54 PM
also....it may have been a pilot only

Tensor
2007-Nov-16, 03:09 PM
I can remember watching a tv pilot for a comedy along the lines of I Dream of Genie....maybe back in the late 60's early 70's....it had to do (I vaguely recall) with astronauts travelling in time (not sure) and bringing back or turning into cavemen. Anyone remember this? The only thing I really remember is the show's theme song going something like "It's about time, it's about space....it's about time you washed your face..."

The show was called "It's About Time" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059997/). For a hint of it's production values, the creator was Sherwood Schwartz, who gave us those immortal shows like "Gilligans Island" and "The Brady Bunch". :doh:

Celestial Mechanic
2007-Nov-16, 03:14 PM
Actually, it was:

It's about time, it's about space,
It's about men in the strangest place.

But your alternative is quite amusing. :)

schlaugh
2007-Nov-16, 03:50 PM
At the time I thought it was funny but then again, I was 11.
Starring Joe E. Ross and Imogene Coca, among others:

http://www.tvparty.com/recits.html

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2007-Nov-16, 03:56 PM
classic stuff....wish I was a kid again in the '60's....pretty soon (in another 13 years) I 'll be in my 60's

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-16, 08:09 PM
For a hint of it's production values, the creator was Sherwood Schwartz, who gave us those immortal shows like "Gilligans Island" and "The Brady Bunch".
Hey, I had an aunt who worked on Gilligan's Island!

Maksutov
2007-Nov-16, 10:59 PM
Hey, I had an aunt who worked on Gilligan's Island!Let's see, that means she was either Mrs. Howell, Ginger, or Mary Ann...although Mrs. Howell and Ginger didn't do much work, so that leaves...

Dawn Wells!

dockeen
2007-Nov-17, 12:45 AM
classic stuff....wish I was a kid again in the '60's....pretty soon (in another 13 years) I 'll be in my 60's

Hmmm, same here - time to 60 that is....

Ironically, I was turning through the channels just last night, and saw the end of a Lost In Space episode that I remembered seeing when I was very young in Huntsville - and it was from 1965.

Wayne

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-17, 02:51 AM
Let's see, that means she was either Mrs. Howell, Ginger, or Mary Ann...although Mrs. Howell and Ginger didn't do much work, so that leaves...
Dawn Wells!
No, silly, I mean that she was a producer or something. My dad has never really clarified.

Krel
2007-Nov-17, 03:28 AM
It's about time,
It's about space,
About strange people in the strangest place.
It's about time,
It's about flight,
Travelin' faster than the speed of light.

About space people and a brave crew,
As through the barrier of time they flew.
Pass the Roman Senators,
Pass an armored knight,
Pass the firing Minutemen,
To this modern site.

It's about time for you and me
To meet these people of amazing feats.
It's about two astronauts and how they educate
A pre-historic woman and her pre-historic mate.

It's about time
It's about space
About strange people in the strangest place
They will be here
With all of us
Dodging a taxi, a car, a bus.

Where will they go
What will they do
In this strange place where everything is new.
Will they manage to survive
Watch each week and see.
Will they get accustomed to the Twentieth Century.

It's about time
For our good byes
To all our pre-historic gals and guys.

And now,
It's About Time
It's About Time
It's About Time
It's About Time!

David.

danscope
2007-Nov-17, 06:02 AM

Ironically, I was turning through the channels just last night, and saw the end of a Lost In Space episode that I remembered seeing when I was very young in Huntsville - and it was from 1965.

Wayne

" Ah....yes, dear boy......the pain...ah..the pain! "
Dr. Smith or somebody like him .

MG1962A
2007-Nov-18, 08:09 PM

I am one year behind you - but hey, haven't we seen some stuff go down :) Much can be said about the second half of the 20th century or the early years of the 21st - But boring aint one of them

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-18, 10:08 PM
Much can be said about the second half of the 20th century or the early years of the 21st - But boring aint one of them
Indeed.
What will things be like in ten years?
They may be better, they may be worse, but they sure as shooting will be different!

HenrikOlsen
2007-Nov-19, 05:23 AM
Indeed.
What will things be like in ten years?
They may be better, they may be worse, but they sure as shooting will be different!Except that there sure will be shooting.

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-19, 10:21 PM
Except that there sure will be shooting.
For any past decades, yes, but I'm not so sure about that being true in the future.

Noclevername
2007-Nov-20, 12:23 AM
For any past decades, yes, but I'm not so sure about that being true in the future.

Unfortunately, given what I see some parents teaching the kids growing up right now, I do. :sad: We aren't about to have world peace anytime in the next few generations when ethnic or religious hate is considered a cultural tradition in some parts of the world.

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-20, 02:03 AM
Unfortunately, given what I see some parents teaching the kids growing up right now, I do. We aren't about to have world peace anytime in the next few generations when ethnic or religious hate is considered a cultural tradition in some parts of the world.
Have you been talking to that guy who said that we couldn't build our own moon rocket?

Noclevername
2007-Nov-20, 12:18 PM
Have you been talking to that guy who said that we couldn't build our own moon rocket?

Building a Moon rocket, or anything, doesn't require a permanent change in the behavior of all the world's inhabitants. As long as there are even a few who want violence, there will be violence.

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-20, 10:24 PM
Building a Moon rocket, or anything, doesn't require a permanent change in the behavior of all the world's inhabitants.
I didn't mean that the two were related, just that you were saying that something was impossible.
I will leave this conversation to Shel Silverstein:

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'Ts
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me-
Anything can happen, child.
ANYTHING can be.

Noclevername
2007-Nov-20, 10:28 PM
I didn't mean that the two were related, just that you were saying that something was impossible.

Some things are so improbable that impossible is the closest word that applies. This is one of them.

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-20, 10:48 PM
I just realized that I completely took this thread off-topic and I am sorry.

Noclevername
2007-Nov-20, 11:32 PM
I just realized that I completely took this thread off-topic and I am sorry.

I'm sure all three people who saw that show will forgive you. ;)