PDA

View Full Version : MERs for the elementary (primary) school set

KaiYeves
2007-Nov-18, 10:49 PM
Where I live, there is a free newspaper written for 5-9 year olds, but read by many people of other ages, such as myself. It is put on a rack at stores in the area and people just come in and take it. I recently wrote an article about my trip to Australia that was published and the editor said that if I wanted to write another article, I could.
So, I am writing an article describing in simple language the story of the Mars Exploration Rovers Spirit and Opportunity.
Here is an example of part of the text:
"Unfortunately, however the rocks in the area weren't the kind that the scientists wanted to see. If there had ever been water there, the lava had covered any trace of it.
'Sorry.' said Spirit.
'It's not your fault.' said the scientists. 'There may be some of the rocks we are looking for in those hills over there, but it would take a long time to get there, and you were only built to last 90 days.'
'I can make it! I'm tough!' said Spirit. They decided that there was no harm in trying, and Spirit took off for the hills on her six weels, as fast as she could."
Any ideas for what to include?