PDA

View Full Version : Driven

sarongsong
2007-Nov-19, 06:59 AM
October 16, 2007
Alex Roy has a crazy dream: to beat the legendary Cannonball Run record [32 hours and 7 minutes]...for crossing the American continent...on four wheels...with 2,795 miles of interstate and some 31,000 highway cops between them and the all-time speed record...
WIRED (http://www.wired.com/cars/coolwheels/magazine/15-11/ff_cannonballrun#csrc1)"Put me in, coach!..." :)

NEOWatcher
2007-Nov-19, 01:53 PM
I just wonder how much they spent for that adventure with all the gizmos and a spotter plane.

And the point is what... A documentary that probably is going to sell a lot of those gizmos.

I wonder how many people tried and failed, tried and jailed, tried and nailed, or just plain tried and bailed.

Dragon Star
2007-Nov-19, 03:15 PM
I just want to go 160 for about three seconds, then crawl into the back seat and suck my thumb for a while. :lol:

HenrikOlsen
2007-Nov-19, 06:39 PM
I just wonder how much they spent for that adventure with all the gizmos and a spotter plane.

And the point is what... A documentary that probably is going to sell a lot of those gizmos.

I wonder how many people tried and failed, tried and jailed, tried and nailed, or just plain tried and bailed.
Tried and killed, tried and died...

It's not something to see as an accomplishment to be cheered.

Tucson_Tim
2007-Nov-19, 06:43 PM
It's not something to see as an accomplishment to be cheered.

Not to mention the innocent people on the highways that will be in more danger due to pranks like this.

korjik
2007-Nov-19, 07:37 PM
Seems like a kinda silly way to go about it. 2795 miles in 31 hours is about 87mph. Seems like reducing stops and a good course are more important to the trip than speed.