PDA

View Full Version : Riding a motorcyle in France part 1 (yes with photos)

crosscountry
2007-Nov-27, 04:34 AM
So I'm finally getting around to writing about the motorcycle trips I took in Europe this year. There were several, but I chose to start closer to the end of the last trip upon which we were entering France from the East at the German border headed south to Spanish beaches.

I was riding with a friend of mine, Jessica, who made a great passenger and companion. We were on a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (I know not a BMW, but hey I could afford it on a student's income!) and that bike took us all over Europe.

The next two installments have already been written, but I'm going to keep them seperated by at least a few days, maybe a week to keep things straight.

This is all posted on my blog, and beside the photos included in the body there is a link to all the photos at the bottom of the post.

Enjoy

http://www.blog.crosscountryadventures.us/

Laguna
2007-Nov-27, 01:19 PM
I see, you are impressed by the Viaduc de Millau.
You should have taken the time to see it from below...

I am waiting for the next photos as you are approaching where I use to spend my holidays every year. Just down that hill on the last pictures and some more kilometers...

crosscountry
2007-Nov-28, 02:59 AM
it was really impressive. I'll post the photos next monday probably when I update my blog again.

Laguna
2007-Nov-28, 11:18 AM
You really should have gone down and pass under it.
Looking up and seeing those huge 40 ton trucks looking like fruit flies crossing above you was mindblowing.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1014/949242768_306b40e4de_b.jpg

crosscountry
2007-Nov-28, 12:44 PM
man that is a great photo. Looking back I might have made more time, but when we were there it was enough to go over. I have some pretty good photos from above however.

Would you mine if I used your photo? I will give you credit for it of course.

Laguna
2007-Nov-28, 12:54 PM
man that is a great photo. Looking back I might have made more time, but when we were there it was enough to go over. I have some pretty good photos from above however.

Would you mine if I used your photo? I will give you credit for it of course.
I took that photo when climbing up from the valley. You can see the road passing at the base of the highest pole.
To get everybody a reference. That pole is 245m or more than 800 feet high from base to the road crossing it.

Sure you can use it.