PDA

View Full Version : How Old is Triton's Surface?

Fraser
2007-Nov-27, 05:50 PM
With all of the press going to the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, it's about time that Neptune got a turn. Triton – one of the moons of Neptune – is curious, with large swaths of the planet resembling the skin of a cantaloupe and a retrograde orbit (opposite that of Neptune's rotation). ...

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2007/11/27/how-old-is-tritons-surface/)

Jerry
2007-Nov-28, 06:29 PM
A return to Neptune would be nice, but we still have lots of unresolved questions about Jupiter and Saturn.

antoniseb
2007-Nov-28, 06:49 PM
A return to Neptune would be nice, but we still have lots of unresolved questions about Jupiter and Saturn.
There are still some subtle unresolved questions in the case for which Socrates was tried and put to death. It makes sense that we should not put any effort into any other investigation until that all gets resolved... or not.

Halcyon Dayz
2007-Nov-28, 07:13 PM
Plenty of unresolved questions right here on Earth.

Looking at other setups might actually help resolve those.

tofu
2007-Nov-29, 09:51 PM
After being captured, all of the energy that went into slowing Triton down into orbit around Neptune was transfered into heat

wait. what? That statement doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I understand tides, but this statement still seems wrong.