PDA

View Full Version : Waving to all

Infinite Horizons
2007-Nov-28, 01:42 PM
Hi all. My names Tony and I'm from Portsmouth UK. I've always been interested in astronomy which is why I'm a groundsman! (If u can work that out your a better person than me).
Having just joined this site (the only 1 I might add), it's great to see so many people with the same interest but without the serious frown on their faces.
I've found the ? and answers section very good (and entertaining), with the wealth of knowledge made available to us mere laymen. Looking forward to more stimulating discussions and theories...

Long live the universe and all who sail in her...

PS.. In a parallel universe I'm emperer of the galaxy and get paid in Kebleks.

Paul Beardsley
2007-Nov-28, 01:57 PM
Welcome, Tony. I'm from Havant and I teach at Havant College. I've also worked in Portsmouth itself, most recently in Great Western House and Chaucer House - both of them across the road from Portsmouth and Southsea station.

So where do you do your groundsman duties?

Infinite Horizons
2007-Nov-28, 02:14 PM
Hi Paul.. I work for Horndean Community Association and live in Purbrook.. Good to see that we're not all looking at the sea!

Infinite Horizons
2007-Nov-28, 02:16 PM
Ps... I say Portsmout cos if u say Purbrook they go.. And where the hell is that!

Paul Beardsley
2007-Nov-28, 02:42 PM
Ps... I say Portsmout cos if u say Purbrook they go.. And where the hell is that!

I usually say Portsmouth because most people haven't heard of Havant.

I was working near Purbrook - at South Downs College - until last week, when I decided that working at two colleges at the same time was too much grief!

Swift
2007-Nov-28, 02:47 PM
Having just joined this site (the only 1 I might add),
Welcome Infinite Horizons, but you're not the only person to have jointed this site. I mean, I'm here for one..... :shifty:
Oh, you mean only one site, oh, well that's completely different. ;)

And no, I'm in a different hemisphere, so you're safe from me. :lol:

Infinite Horizons
2007-Nov-28, 02:55 PM
Hahaha... I've just been looking at the part-time prospectus for SDC.. Unfort the 1 I wanted is full - dagnammit! But doing my NVQ2 at Sparsholt college so not all dismal..
Hi swift.. the other hemisphere u say. Lucky for me then:) check my ? on rotation of objects in the universe - then check the water going down your plughole..

If the universe was simple enough for us to understand - we'd be too simple to understand it (Infinite Horizons)