PDA

View Full Version : How many BBs do you regularly visit?

Darkwing
2003-Aug-06, 04:16 PM
Just a poll to see how many Bulletin Boards people visit on a regular basis. Are we just BABB addicts, or more general Internet Bulletin Board addicts...

Pi Man
2003-Aug-06, 04:22 PM
I regularly post on BABB and this board (http://forums.devshed.com/index.php?s=a8697aadaed0df64d9c4e24941a4b6c8). This one is more fun (and faster moving! It takes several days to get a reply on that one!), but the other one answers my programming questions, but not all of them. Does anybody out there know about another programming BBS?

Glom
2003-Aug-06, 05:03 PM
This board and apollohoax.com

darkhunter
2003-Aug-06, 05:30 PM
Here, and a couple of Car Fori

edit=

That would be Car "Fora"

Correction noted :oops:

Lets try again:

Here, and a couple of Car Fora :lol:

edit (again) fix quote= "quotes"

Darkwing
2003-Aug-06, 05:48 PM
That would be Car "Fora"

Pi Man
2003-Aug-06, 06:14 PM
No, no! It's "forumses." Everybody knows that! :lol:

Darkwing
2003-Aug-06, 06:36 PM
Sadly enough, I read in a news article somewhere that there was a movement to alter the forms of the word "data". In order to conform with common usage, the word "data" should be redefined as singular, and the new word "datums" should become the plural.

As I hope the rest of you are, I was appalled when I read that.

Pi Man
2003-Aug-06, 06:43 PM
Ouch! Reading that actually hurt! :o

gethen
2003-Aug-06, 10:17 PM
I post only here and also on apollohoax, which we should all patronize regularly. (I sure hope johnwitts is reading this.)

Pi Man
2003-Aug-06, 10:26 PM
I just registered at apollohoax.com. I'm not a regular there though.

frenat
2003-Aug-06, 11:29 PM
Here and www.airforceots.com. Tha latter because I am putting together an application for the officer's training school for the Air Force.

BigJim
2003-Aug-14, 08:07 PM
Here and Apollohoax. Although I may register sometime at Nuclear Space.

Vermonter
2003-Aug-14, 09:37 PM
I lurk over at the Wizards of the Coast - Dungeons and Dragons boards. I rarely post there, because the threads quickly drop in maturity (before I post, mind you!). Not a bad place to poke around if you like roleplaying games.

mutant
2003-Aug-14, 11:06 PM
I visit 4 websites on a regualr basis including this one. They all deal with astronomy. I visit this site because it is just plain fun, interesting and informative and I visit the other 3 when I need information specific to the equipment I use.

Pinemarten
2003-Aug-15, 12:30 AM
This is the only BB I visit. I view others when linked from here. How does one find a good BB? I am looking for ones relating to intermediate computer stuff and really advanced electricity. I crave brain candy.

frenat
2003-Aug-15, 12:54 AM
For computer stuff got to www.helponthe.net and got to the forums there. I learned most of what I know from there.

SpaceTrekkie
2003-Aug-15, 01:39 AM
I only regulary post here...i sometimes (like once a month) post at Catchride.com. This is my home!
I was just looking at the Apollohoax BB and reading through some of the threads like every other post is someone from this board...i was impressed...maybe i will join

Pi Man
2003-Aug-15, 01:55 AM
Yeah. Apollohoax is pretty cool. This place is my home tho'. I hardly ever visit any other BBS anymore.

Pinemarten
2003-Aug-15, 01:59 AM
For computer stuff got to www.helponthe.net and got to the forums there. I learned most of what I know from there.

Thanx frenat.
If you find me a good electrical BB, I will buy a telescope for an unemployed janitor's mother.

Kizarvexis
2003-Aug-15, 03:02 AM
Well I post here, B5wars.net (Babylon 5 Wars miniture game), SPTimes.com (St. Pete forum for Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans), southfloridabulls.com (for USF Bulls fans) and lately, mongoosepublishing.com (for the Babylon 5 RPG).

I don't always hit every board all the time though.

Kizarvexis

Kaptain K
2003-Aug-15, 10:24 AM
I post here and on Peavey's sound reinforcement forum. I lurk at the Live Audio Board. I don't have time for any more. 50 hour workweeks and two hour (round trip) commutes really eat into my time. :(

mike alexander
2003-Aug-19, 12:14 AM
Sadly enough, I read in a news article somewhere that there was a movement to alter the forms of the word "data". In order to conform with common usage, the word "data" should be redefined as singular, and the new word "datums" should become the plural.

May their florums and faunums be preserved in geologic stratums!

Is the singular of Tums then Ta?

Can I roll two dices?

Or indicate the erratums?

Finally,can I kick one ba?

Roy Batty
2003-Aug-19, 12:34 AM
Only
The Millenium Project (http://www.ratbags.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl)
and here
The four Word film review (http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?id=3065&mode=reviewer) .. arrg forgot you have to register to access the 4rum.

Oh Doh! How could I forget my fave lurking ground:
JREF (http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/)

..that I can remember so far 8)

Argos
2007-Aug-01, 02:34 PM
BAUT is the only one.

Chuck
2007-Aug-01, 02:38 PM
If the plural of forum is fora then is visiting several of them called foraging?

mugaliens
2007-Aug-01, 06:29 PM
If the plural of forum is fora then is visiting several of them called foraging?

I call it "wasting time," and I'm all too good at doing that! (but it's so much fun...)

Damien Evans
2007-Aug-01, 10:16 PM
here and JREF, thats all

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Aug-01, 10:32 PM
Just here.

Trebuchet
2007-Aug-01, 11:40 PM
Just here and the Catapult Message Board (http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1).

No, I'm not known as "Trebuchet" over there -- that would be like coming here and calling myself "Telescope".

I used to frequent the JREF forum but around 3 (?) years ago there was all this "stuff" going on and I started coming here instead. I look in there once in a while but haven't posted in a long time.

cjl
2007-Aug-02, 05:07 AM
Mostly here and TRF (www.rocketryforum.com), though a few others from time to time.

Paracelsus
2007-Aug-02, 07:53 AM
Hey, does anybody on this thread post on the 'Illuminati-R-Us' board?

I've lurked on there a few times but am a little put off by all the flame wars.

I post on BAUT, Sunshine Fan Online, and GreyTalk.