PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Phil about the SECOND book

Tito_Muerte
2003-Aug-07, 06:08 PM
when can we expect the riveting sequel?????..... I read the first book in an afternoon.....and I've had a lot of bored afternoons ever since...so I want a sequel. A Hightech, twice the budget, three times the special affects (maybe even a little nudity) blockbuster sequel......

kucharek
2003-Aug-07, 07:45 PM
What will be the title of the book?
"Bad Astronomy 2"
"Worse Astronomy"
"More Bad Astronomy"
"Really Bad Astronomy"
"Bad Bad Astronomy"

Will it eventually evolve into a trilogy? :)
And years later you declare "Bad Astronomy" to be actually the fourth book of the series? :D
Or do you think, like the Bible, two books will do it? :lol:

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Aug-07, 07:49 PM
Sigh. I have been thinking about a second book for some time. It is far too early to talk about it though, as I only have an idea I am working on. When I get it worked out and a publisher to buy it, I will make an announcement. 8)

Mr. X
2003-Aug-09, 06:30 AM
You people are way off.

The next book is named:

Phillip Plait: My core beliefs :D

It's in a 8,5" x 14" format so there can be this huge picture of him on the front page with his hand under his chin and his elbow on a table. :lol:

Colt
2003-Aug-09, 02:23 PM
It's in a 8,5" x 14" format so there can be this huge picture of him on the front page with his hand under his chin... *snip*

...sitting on the toilet (clothed) pondering the universe. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D -Colt

Mr. X
2003-Aug-09, 10:22 PM
Pondering the universe?

I don't think so, he'll do like many scientists and venture way off into a field he doesn't know. :D

Alex W.
2003-Aug-10, 01:04 AM
Planet X: Worst. Science. Ever.

Mr. X
2003-Aug-10, 06:43 PM
I was thinking he should really go with massively huge picture of his face with hand partly visible on chin.

Maybe sell it with a poster, a larger version of that same picture.

:lol:

BigJim
2003-Aug-12, 01:09 AM
We already have a thread for the next book's title: http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5900 .

The BA could be on the back wearing the hat from some battleship, like one very annoying author...

Alex W.
2003-Aug-12, 04:51 AM
How about some coke bottle specs, standing in front of a massive indoor telescope, whilst wearing a lab coat?
:D