PDA

View Full Version : How do we know that it's a rock from the Moon?

ToSeek
2003-Aug-09, 07:55 PM
Good debunking site on this topic:

http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/moon/howdoweknow.html

Any geoscientist (and there have been thousands from all over the world) who has studied lunar rocks knows that anyone who thinks the Apollo lunar samples were created on Earth as part of government conspiracy doesn’t know much about rocks.* The Apollo samples are just too good.* They tell a self-consistent story with a complexly interwoven plot that’s better than any story any conspirator could have conceived.* I’ve studied lunar rocks and soils for 30+ years and I couldn’t make even a poor imitation of a lunar breccia, lunar soil, or a mare basalt in the lab.* And with all due respect to my clever colleagues in government labs, no one in “the Government” could do it either, even now that we know what lunar rocks are like.

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I hadn't seen this page before.

Glom
2003-Aug-09, 08:10 PM
You forget, ToSeek. All these geologists worldwide are part of the conspiracy. Everyone knows that.

ToSeek
2003-Aug-09, 10:05 PM
You forget, ToSeek. All these geologists worldwide are part of the conspiracy. Everyone knows that.

How could I forget? #-o

Sammy
2003-Aug-10, 01:43 AM

How could I forget? #-o

I guess the fact that I belong to the BABB and that its my alma mater weighing in aginst the hoax nuts proves we're all in it together...

AGN Fuel
2003-Aug-10, 11:57 AM
Good debunking site on this topic:

http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/moon/howdoweknow.html

Any geoscientist (and there have been thousands from all over the world) who has studied lunar rocks knows that anyone who thinks the Apollo lunar samples were created on Earth as part of government conspiracy doesn’t know much about rocks.* The Apollo samples are just too good.* They tell a self-consistent story with a complexly interwoven plot that’s better than any story any conspirator could have conceived.* I’ve studied lunar rocks and soils for 30+ years and I couldn’t make even a poor imitation of a lunar breccia, lunar soil, or a mare basalt in the lab.* And with all due respect to my clever colleagues in government labs, no one in “the Government” could do it either, even now that we know what lunar rocks are like.

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I hadn't seen this page before.

Nice site, ToSeek. Thank you. :D