PDA

View Full Version : Three views of Saturn

iceman
2008-Jan-06, 09:43 PM
Hi all

Finally got around to processing some data captured on the morning of the 30th December.

The seeing was reasonable and Saturn was quite nice to view in the eyepiece, and the red channel. Green and blue suffered a bit but the end result is my best Saturn for this apparition.

The fluctuating seeing meant that the 5x powermate capture was actually the best of the bunch. It was captured at 15fps (1/15s exposure), for about 100 seconds in each channel. 210 frames from each channel made up the final stack. Processed in Registax and Photoshop.

The 3x barlow and 2x barlow images were captured shortly after the 5x image.

I'm happy with this image anyway and look forward to trying again when the sky clears - before Saturn heads too far North and an ever decreasing altitude from my latitude.

Thanks for looking.

KaiYeves
2008-Jan-06, 10:24 PM
My gosh! You must be very skilled!

andyschlei
2008-Jan-07, 01:12 AM
Mike,

Great color in the 5x image! Inspiration to get up early one day when the skies clear here. (I won't complain too much about the rain, we really need it.)

--Andy

JAICOA
2008-Jan-07, 02:24 PM
Mike they are All super shots of the ring planet, I like your presentation of showing the sizes according to the Barlows used very educational also. Hope to see more and Clear Skies

suntrack2
2008-Jan-07, 05:17 PM
wow, what a interesting photo here. The planet saturn is a king planet in the sky. because it has hat over it. somewhere I have heard that saturn is having great wind pressure on it.

winensky
2008-Jan-10, 11:40 PM
Beautiful, sharp images and here here on the presentation.

Kind regards
Matt

rtomes
2008-Jan-15, 12:42 AM
Impressive work!