PDA

View Full Version : Branson Wants to Fly Space Tourists into the Northern Lights

Fraser
2008-Jan-07, 07:10 PM
For his next big plan for the private space industry, Richard Branson is thinking up new ways to excite affluent space tourists: flying them into the biggest lightshow on Earth, the Aurora Borealis. Although the New Mexico Virgin Galactic Spaceport isn't scheduled for completion until 2010, the British entrepreneur is already planning his next project [...]

More... (http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/universetoday/pYdq/~3/212706905/)

Rue
2008-Jan-07, 07:23 PM
Is there sufficient protection for the ship's electronics?

KaiYeves
2008-Jan-08, 12:32 AM
We discussed this in another thread, but...
If auroras are caused by cosmic rays, what will he do if all the passengers come back down with superpowers? ;-D
Bodyguards?

man on the moon
2008-Jan-08, 05:47 AM
Science Schmience, some things are just good adventures once the science to take the adventure is in place.

I volunteer to test! The doctor in the article said it should be fine for people. If I come back with superpowers I'll change my name ;)

KaiYeves
2008-Jan-08, 09:31 PM
If I come back with superpowers I'll change my name
To what? I want to know so I can say I talked to a superhero online.

Ilya
2008-Jan-10, 03:41 AM
I liked this comment on Universe Today page:

oh for petesakes branson has the funds to take him to the moon to heck with the tourest do something that we all know the united states did not..he could clame it for himself just think a virgin moon

At least this Apollo hoaxer does not think flying to the Moon is fundamentally impossible... :)

Noclevername
2008-Jan-11, 10:55 PM
oh for petesakes branson has the funds to take him to the moon to heck with the tourest do something that we all know the united states did not..he could clame it for himself just think a virgin moon

Branson has more money than the U.S. did in 1969? Wow! He's a trillionaire! ;)

WaxRubiks
2008-Jan-11, 11:03 PM
no Branson, fly them to the Sun, where they can work on their suntan.