PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Quasars - Found!

Fraser
2008-Jan-09, 05:50 PM
Quasars are some of the brightest objects in the Universe. Just a single quasar can blaze more than a hundred times more brightly than our entire Milky Way galaxy. It turns out, though, that some of the brightest quasars in the Universe are hidden, cloaked behind a shroud of gas and dust. But now researchers [...]

More... (http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/universetoday/pYdq/~3/213897179/)

forrest noble
2008-Jan-10, 06:34 AM
The brightest appearing quasars I believe are a lot closer than we have a clue.

The related theory works like this. Black Holes appear black, as Einstein theorized, because their gravity is strong enough that and light generated by or passing near them could not escape and ultimately goes down "their well". Near the event horizon of very large black holes that have not yet formed surrounding stars, matter acculates, and little radiation can escape this area, but the EM radiation that does is extremely red-shifted by the gravity of the black hole making it appear to be very far away because of its red-shift. Halton Arp has come to similar conclusions. I believe some are very distant, but what we call the brightest ones would be, accordingly, much closer. The cloak/ shroud of dust is also suspicious. Dust absorbs light and re-radiates it at much lower frequencies-- hence red-shifting and altering much of the spectrum including increased radio frequency waves/ signals.

2008-Jan-10, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the BAUT Forum.

The related theory works like this..

Interesting, but... might I suggest that you advocate your unusual theories in the Against the Mainstream subforum here? Other science-oriented subforums, like this one about Universe Today stories, are for reporting and discussion of mainstream astronomy and space science. (For details, see Rules For Posting To This Board (http://www.bautforum.com/about-baut/32864-rules-posting-board.html), section 13. Alternative Concepts and Conspiracy Theories.)