PDA

View Full Version : Theory

Sever
2003-Aug-13, 08:44 PM
Hello, I for one am sick of all this Zetatalk,world peace alien crap.
So I thought up my own theory. Is it possible that a intellagent race could be hiding in the oceans or under the antantic ice cap? some ufo sightings ahve reported that the objects dive beneath the surface of the water(shag harbour anyone?), oh and then there are USO's too..

Any why it's just a theory I thought up on night..

Donnie B.
2003-Aug-13, 09:10 PM
So I thought up my own theory. Is it possible that a intellagent race could be hiding in the oceans or under the antantic ice cap? some ufo sightings ahve reported that the objects dive beneath the surface of the water(shag harbour anyone?), oh and then there are USO's too..

You need to rent The Abyss.

Firefox
2003-Aug-13, 09:37 PM

I wouldn't even call it a theory. You would need evidence, including observational and material, before you could come up with an explanation for numerous UFO sightings. As it stands, though, there are already more plausible explanations for the sightings -- everything from experimental aircraft undergoing flight tests (the U-2 was responsible for a lot of UFO sightings during its test program,) to airliners at cruise altitude at night, to mistaken planets (poor Venus.)

fingolfen
2003-Aug-13, 10:00 PM

Well... umm... it's a "theory" only in the layman's use of the word. In scientific circles it would be called an "idea" or a "hypothesis" as there is no data to back it up.

I guess I have a real problem with the UFO/USO = alien. All UFO/USO means is someone saw something that they couldn't identify. Heck, take any average American to an Asian seafood market and I challenge them to identify some of the critters there... ignorance doesn't imply extraterrestrial origin..

Colt
2003-Aug-13, 10:02 PM
Is it possible that a intellagent race could be hiding in the oceans or under the antantic ice cap?

Yep, that is completely and entirely possible. Is it? Probably not. :) Don't worry, I come with kooky ideas too. I usually use my own brand of Colt Logic to reason it out with myself though. :)

I wouldn't be surprised really if one goverment or another had a base in Antarctica under the ice (not deep, just as camouflage). -Colt

BigJim
2003-Aug-13, 10:44 PM
Is it possible that a intellagent race could be hiding in the oceans or under the antantic ice cap?

No. You'd need to have evidence and observational proof, as Firefox said. Also, you would need to explain why they live underwater, why sea creatures would have developed manipulative capabilities, why they would build craft to take them out of the water, and why they would hide from us.

Archer17
2003-Aug-13, 10:51 PM
Also would have to explain how the military's extensive underwater detection system (SOSUS) hasn't heard 'em

Sever
2003-Aug-14, 12:34 AM
It seems I've dug my own grave.... some1 kill me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: #-o I'm a idiot,

Note please for the love of god don't replie anymore I've heard enoungh!
Never again shall I post my ideas mouth mouth is shut!

ALSO I never stated that UFO's are of extra-terrestrail craft!

Musashi
2003-Aug-14, 01:20 AM
I think it is possible...not likely, but possible. It is an interesting idea. Maybe if you did some more work on it, you could flesh it out a bit.

BigJim
2003-Aug-14, 01:23 AM
It seems I've dug my own grave.... some1 kill me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: #-o I'm a idiot,

Note please for the love of god don't replie anymore I've heard enoungh!
Never again shall I post my ideas mouth mouth is shut!

That's the BABB culture. 8)

Sammy
2003-Aug-14, 05:51 AM
Told you people wouldn't savage you!

Glad you went ahead and did it. You sound embarassed, but you shouldn't be, and I'm sure that you learned a lot about how to think through and present an idea

(edited to fix typo)

mike alexander
2003-Aug-19, 12:26 AM
Dear Sever,

You go into a room and present an idea to a group of people who, though individually may be your inferior, collectively possess enough knowledge and experience to make you feel like a total *** by the time you come out.

It's called defending a dissertation.

BubbleGum
2003-Aug-21, 04:55 AM
Now hold one people!! Sever's idea is starting to make sense. Remember all those deep sea 'Thermal Vents' that the media was reporting on 10 years ago ? Remeber the pictures from a submarine of black water venting up from the ocean floor. Remember those strange white stalked, red feathered creatures. Those weren't 'terestrial' creatures.

I am wondering if maybe these 'Thermal Vents' are really just the sewer outlet for the alians living under the ocean floor. Has anyone tested the water for isotopes ? I thought not. Those white and red things are the alien's version of mushrooms. Has anyone done a DNA check. Of course not. They don't want you to know The Truth. (Even if they did those isotope and DNA checks and they came out to be 100% terrestrial you know it's a fraud cause the told us it was true.)

Have you heard any reports from the media lately on 'Thermal Vents' ? The media doesn't talk about them anymore. Do you suppose stories about those 'Thermal Vents' are being hushed. And the Navy, Baaah. Think of all the technology they have gained by working with the aliens.

~TVC

beskeptical
2003-Aug-21, 05:42 AM
Bubble Gum, you've been reading too many middle earth stories. We do have some idea of the composition of the Earth from analyzing earthquake waves and what not. There are no big spaces an intelligent race could exist in unless you are talking about microscopic intelligence.

The undersea vents are in areas of volcanic activity. Also not conducive to larger life forms.