PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Galactic Unveils SpaceShipTwo

Fraser
2008-Jan-23, 06:20 PM
Your trip to space is just around the corner now. In the next step in its goal of sending regular folk to space, Virgin Galactic today unveiled the vehicle that's going to take them there: SpaceShipTwo. The announcement was made today at a press conference at the American Museum of Natural History in New York. [...]

More... (http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/universetoday/pYdq/~3/221780732/)

Noclevername
2008-Jan-23, 09:41 PM
Currently, the spacecraft is about 60% complete.

Awww, when they said "unveiled" I thought they meant it was finished!

Still, it's a great thing. :clap::clap::clap:

KaiYeves
2008-Jan-23, 11:01 PM
Hey, in Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, you can clone a dino with 60%DNA!

Occam
2008-Jan-23, 11:40 PM
Is it just me or...
is the name Virgin Galactic just a tad overblown for a company that is trying to develop a sub orbital hop aircraft?

Noclevername
2008-Jan-23, 11:47 PM
Is it just me or...
is the name Virgin Galactic just a tad overblown for a company that is trying to develop a sub orbital hop aircraft?

It reflects their eventual goal, not their present state.

KaiYeves
2008-Jan-24, 01:25 AM
Is it just me or...is the name Virgin Galactic just a tad overblown for a company that is trying to develop a sub orbital hop aircraft?
Well, "I wanna go galactic." sounds better than "I wanna go sub-orbital."

Dragon Star
2008-Jan-24, 03:10 AM
Hey, in Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, you can clone a dino with 60%DNA!

Careful which frog you use, wouldn't want our ships reproducing.:doh:

Grand_Lunar
2008-Jan-24, 03:20 AM
Careful which frog you use, wouldn't want our ships reproducing.:doh:

Sure we do! Plenty of ships to go around means lots of money to be earned for a lunar flight.

And maybe I'll vacation on Mars. Heck, I'll just MOVE there! Better see of U-Haul can be converted for interplanetary flight....

Grand_Lunar
2008-Jan-24, 03:23 AM
At first, I was skeptical about Virgin Galactic. But now it seems to have the right stuff.
I wonder if one day, they'll book flights to the ISS. Hmm, an idea for NASA to consider...

Noclevername
2008-Jan-24, 03:02 PM
At first, I was skeptical about Virgin Galactic. But now it seems to have the right stuff.
I wonder if one day, they'll book flights to the ISS. Hmm, an idea for NASA to consider...

By the time they can do that, there will no doubt also be private stations ("space hotels") to dock to.

KaiYeves
2008-Jan-26, 10:12 PM
I wonder if one day, they'll book flights to the ISS.
Man, that would shake things up.