PDA

View Full Version : Researchers Observe Extra-galactic Meteor

Fraser
2008-Jan-25, 05:10 PM
The common belief is that all meteors come from inside our solar system. Most meteors are thought to be pieces of comet dust or fragments of asteroids that enter Earth’s atmosphere and burn up before they hit the ground, leaving a fiery trail we call “shooting stars.” But a recent observation might put [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/01/25/researchers-observe-extra-galactic-meteor/)

antoniseb
2008-Jan-25, 05:38 PM
That's a very cool story. To me it suggests that our eventual merger with M31 might be a higher risk event than most people seem to think.

trinitree88
2008-Jan-25, 07:52 PM
That's a very cool story. To me it suggests that our eventual merger with M31 might be a higher risk event than most people seem to think.

Antoniseb. Extra cool. Extragalactic dust surrounding galaxies. It was mass being missed, and now it's not.Better not be coated with carbon nanotubes. The iodine intrigues me, it's one of the two most common isotopes of nuclear fission with uranium..(the other is barium), it splits asymmetrically... Maybe somebody missed with a nuclear warhead in a galaxy far,far,away.....No,No, I won't say it.:shifty: pete.